1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Mad Dog - "You can't tell me he (Prescott) is a Top 10 QB". Booger McFarland disagrees

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MountaineerCowboy, Jun 30, 2022.

1. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

18,857 Messages
    38,248 Likes Received
    He started his career with 3 first team all-pros on the O-line, a 1st team all-pro RB that won the rushing title by over 300 yards, a HOF TE, and Pro Bowl receiver.

Rookie QBs just do not get all of that day 1. He was afforded so much time to get better simply because the talent around him picked up 90% of the slack.

The Cowboys in 2016 was 1 of maybe 3 teams at most that was equipped enough on offense for a rookie QB to prosper. Imagine what a veteran or heck, even a very skilled rookie QB could've done with that team?

DandyDon52 and Captain-Crash like this.
  2. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

14,543 Messages
    11,291 Likes Received
    A declining Dez and Witten.. let's keep it real.

3. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

17,070 Messages
    14,477 Likes Received
    What he had was a top end offensive line and a great RB at the time. But Dez didn't hit 800 yards. Witten was past his prime. So who else, Beasley, Terrence Williams, Hurd? We're not looking at a group of WRs that can carry anyone. What he had was that OL and RB. A rookie can't ask for more. Still, the team went 13-2 with him in there. That can't be easy. So what did the Cowboys do to build off of this season? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The same type of off season they usually do. They even let OL Leary walk. That was stupid. He wasn't asking for crazy money either.

Our QB is limited, but our GM doesn't seem to see it. That 2016 season is a perfect example of what works. A top end OL and a balanced attack and you don't have to have Aaron Rodgers to win a lot of games.

irving likes this.
  4. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

12,689 Messages
    16,152 Likes Received
    If Romo was 10 times better, what element or elements of the team held him back? We didn't win anything with Romo so what was the cause of that?

irving likes this.
  5. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    6,974 Messages
    6,519 Likes Received
    afraid to even reply for post is old and i was dinked last time....i cannot help if i went on vacation come back and just answer who has posted to me....but wont say a thing so i dont get dinked

6. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    6,974 Messages
    6,519 Likes Received
    i agree most on your list exception Stafford maybe even Herbert but that is a stretch

7. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    6,974 Messages
    6,519 Likes Received
    Oz---this is just personal ....this is not bible....me always loved Romo...even when he would over play his hand....at least he believed no matter what we can win this thing...same spiirt as Staubach but Romo

did not have support Staubach had

SteveTheCowboy likes this.
  8. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    6,974 Messages
    6,519 Likes Received
    that last play against 9ers was just Plain Wrong....official ate up precious time because he was not given ball....badass fault.....you can even blame me...but someone got to be blamed

9. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

36,050 Messages
    38,813 Likes Received
    Getting dinked goes to how you treat people, not what you say. Just be nice, makes it easy and fun here.

SteveTheCowboy likes this.
  10. SteveTheCowboy

SteveTheCowboy Well-Known Member

11,851 Messages
    8,006 Likes Received
    Even if he was given the balll....he still looked like a bumbling stooge. They acted lije they were never not given the ball with a few seconds left. I have seen them not start the clock so officials and teams can get set.

Sketchy as heck.

I blame you.

11. SteveTheCowboy

SteveTheCowboy Well-Known Member

11,851 Messages
    8,006 Likes Received
    I agree. For better or worse....romo said i believe in me....i believe in us. Romo actually had a very good 4th gtr qb rating and come from behind win %. At least half the time he didnt....the stupid defense caved.

Romo was a good qb.....good cowboy....and should be roh.