Madden says Proctor sucks!!!

dcjules

Reaction score
Wow, never thought I would hear that from Big John, but after a play in the 1st qtr which Proctor did his impression of a turnstile, Madden chimes in with how aweful Proctor is, how bad his play is, how the Gaints found their weakness, a national TV calling out!!! I know its been posted time and time again, but he is killing us. While I think the OL has not performed at a high level this year as a whole, missing Kosier is something I never expected would hurt so much??? Covering up that weak spot has most likely caused other problems. Were'nt we saying we needed an upgrade over Kosier last year??? My oh my, who would have thought, Kyle Kosier, glue to the O!!!!

Proctor sucks, Proctor sucks, Proctor sucks.....feels good if you say over and over!!!

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Isn't Procter 3rd string now?

Well a 3rd stringer against Tuck. Yeah I'd say that's a mismatch.

Aside from the proctological aspect of it, I don't know the point.

kmd24

Reaction score
Proctor is bad, but I think it was an encouraging sign that he was able to handle Justin Tuck a few times, and Choice was able to run (to the left side, even) a couple of times late in the game, when they knew we needed to run the ball.

If we make the playoffs, I hope that Holland can make it back in time to contribute. We'll need him.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
This is akin to Madden saying, "To win the game you just have to score more points than the other team."

NinePointOh

Reaction score
dcjules;2495481 said:
Were'nt we saying we needed an upgrade over Kosier last year??? My oh my, who would have thought, Kyle Kosier, glue to the O!!!!

The protection was pretty solid with Holland playing, too. Though Kosier isn't nearly as bad as people say, this says more about Procter than it says about Kosier.

punit328

Reaction score
Well, Proctor did come from the Lions so what do you expect?

Temo

Reaction score
Madden usually refrains from criticizing offensive lineman (for good reason, they don't get enough respect/attention, and it's unfair to only point them out when they screw up). But that play certainly caught his attention.

And the thing is, Proctor's "strength" so far this season I'd say has been his pass protection (it's relative, of course). But he did have a couple plays yesterday where he just looked awful... but then you have to admit he was facing a really good player in Tuck.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Proctor is horrible. Possibly the worst lineman I've ever seen play. So for Madden to point it out is just him pointing out the obvious.

We're simply going to have to have Holland back to make a real run in the playoffs otherwise Proctor will get Romo killed.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We need to draft a guard or a center. Enough is enough...

links18

Reaction score
If we go out there on Saturday with the Proctologist starting, its an epic fail on the coaching staff. Find someone else and plug them in, whoever it is can't be worse than Procter.

willia451

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2495577 said:
We need to draft a guard or a center. Enough is enough...
Yes. Completely agree. Our # 1 priority in the upcoming draft should be OL. Then Safety.

Go Cowboys!!!

newlander

Reaction score
kmd24 is right: we all know he's HORRIBLE. But he was less horrible last night: if that's possible. He's a warm body guys: nothing more: what'd you think of the Gspots backup linemen? ahhhhhhh yeah.....................

dcjules

Reaction score
original point was that Madden usually doesnt criticize players like that, thought it was amusing to the board that he got singled out!!! Happy to learn there are some Proctor fans out there defending that bum!!

willia451

Reaction score
dcjules;2495481 said:
Wow, never thought I would hear that from Big John, but after a play in the 1st qtr which Proctor did his impression of a turnstile, Madden chimes in with how aweful Proctor is, how bad his play is, how the Gaints found their weakness, a national TV calling out!!! I know its been posted time and time again, but he is killing us. While I think the OL has not performed at a high level this year as a whole, missing Kosier is something I never expected would hurt so much??? Covering up that weak spot has most likely caused other problems. Were'nt we saying we needed an upgrade over Kosier last year??? My oh my, who would have thought, Kyle Kosier, glue to the O!!!!

Proctor sucks, Proctor sucks, Proctor sucks.....feels good if you say over and over!!!
Yes. I think we all knew going into the Giants game, that Proctor would be a weak link we needed to scheme help for. It just is what it is. But, from what I saw of Holland's play, he did at least as good a job as Kosier.

Maybe Holland can come back for the Baltimore game. If not then, at least for Philly. Unsure of his status right now. Maybe we'll get an update later in the week.

Go Cowboys!!!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2495575 said:
Proctor is horrible. Possibly the worst lineman I've ever seen play. So for Madden to point it out is just him pointing out the obvious.

We're simply going to have to have Holland back to make a real run in the playoffs otherwise Proctor will get Romo killed.

You must have forgotten the 7th rd from Pitt (for some reason I forgot his name) that we had starting about 4 years ago. I believe he holds the official title of worst lineman to ever play.

Reaction score
DallasInDC;2495612 said:
You must have forgotten the 7th rd from Pitt (for some reason I forgot his name) that we had starting about 4 years ago. I believe he holds the official title of worst lineman to ever play.

Wasnt his Dad a poster on here?

It was Pettiti