Madden says Proctor sucks!!!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2495616 said:
Wasnt his Dad a poster on here?

It was Pettiti

That's him Rob Pettiti. His father did post here when he was here. He got pretty frustrated with all of the criticism (understandably as a father).

AbeBeta

Reaction score
New rule.

If you can't even spell a guy's name correctly after focusing on him the entire game -- then you can't post.

Respect our players. Spell their freaking names right.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
DallasInDC;2495612 said:
You must have forgotten the 7th rd from Pitt (for some reason I forgot his name) that we had starting about 4 years ago. I believe he holds the official title of worst lineman to ever play.

Please. Petitti wasn't very good but he's clearly not the worst lineman to ever play. Torrin Tucker played on the left side for us that year and was worse.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2495595 said:
I thought no one could be possibly weaker than Al Johnson...

Proctor proved me wrong all season.

And to think, there was a huge debate on this board between gurode and Johnson. Man, I'm glad those days are behind us.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
no way you can go three deep at every position--this year we have had more than our share of injuries (RB, OG, secondary, QB) and are in a position to control our own destiny and make a splash in the playoffs-

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Colombo didn't have a great game either. He gave up two sacks. Davis gave up at least one sack. Proctor gave up at least one probably two.

People start saying someone sucks then everytime they have a bad play it gets reverberated across the board.

He's not good enough to start but he's not the only OL giving up sacks and not playing great. There is another team across the line who is not laying down because we are playing them.

Proctor is not starting quality. He's also not as bad as many here think. The Giants did a lot of zone blitzes and stunting and they were all confused some. The right side of the line had a hard time last nite just as much as the left. Gurode played well.

links18

Reaction score
jobberone;2495678 said:
Colombo didn't have a great game either. He gave up two sacks. Davis gave up at least one sack. Proctor gave up at least one probably two.

People start saying someone sucks then everytime they have a bad play it gets reverberated across the board.

He's not good enough to start but he's not the only OL giving up sacks and not playing great. There is another team across the line who is not laying down because we are playing them.

Proctor is not starting quality. He's also not as bad as many here think. The Giants did a lot of zone blitzes and stunting and they were all confused some. The right side of the line had a hard time last nite just as much as the left. Gurode played well.

Gurode is still having problems snapping the ball. We could have had a few more false starts, but the refs didn't call them. Gurode is either snapping the ball early or late.....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why you goofs keep beating a dead horse.

What do you want from your 3rd string guard?

It's a situation that isn't going to change for quite a while.

Hell, I thought he did well in the 4th quarter.

****** about how bad Leonard Davis was in the 1st quarter-- at least that would be something different.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
links18;2495711 said:
Gurode is still having problems snapping the ball. We could have had a few more false starts, but the refs didn't call them. Gurode is either snapping the ball early or late.....

Yeah there is that. They weren't stellar. They must be beat up as well.

MichaelWinicki;2495740 said:
I don't know why you goofs keep beating a dead horse.

What do you want from your 3rd string guard?

It's a situation that isn't going to change for quite a while.

Hell, I thought he did well in the 4th quarter.

****** about how bad Leonard Davis was in the 1st quarter-- at least that would be something different.

They hear someone say something and then they all jump on it. They don't watch the damn game. The first quarter was a nightmare for us and could have easily have cost us the season with Romo getting hurt.

OldButDeadly

Bill's Waterboy
Reaction score
I thought of something that could help Proctor....

Tie a 5 foot piece of 2x4 to his back horizontally....

Kev

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Proctor is a 3rd stringer forced to start. he is simply doing the best he can.

What I want to complain about is how a Pro-bowl center forgets the snap count backed up on his own goal line.

Inexcusable.

btw, Bigg didn't have the best of games either.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Proctor looked like someone who hadn't finished taking a dump.

Tobal

Reaction score
Proc consistently got beat, so they moved Gurode to help him, Usuallly gurode will step back and see where help is needed, but the Cowboys adjusted and had him just engage the guy in front of Proc.

What bothered me is he got beat so bad at guard.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Proctor's never going to be an all pro but he's nowhere near as bad as people are painting him out to be.

Everyone's always looking for that scapegoat.

Whenever Ratliff beats an interior lineman, everyone falls all over themselves saying how great he is but whenever an opponent beats Proctor, it's because Proctor stinks.

He's not the most physical guard but when used correctly, he's more than adequate. He threw a few nice blocks when he pulled and did get in the way of his man on a few of Choice's better runs.

Let's spread the OL blame around. Adams' concentration has wavered at times, Gurode misses more assignments than anyone else on the line and is terrible as a shot gun snapper, Davis has difficulty in space, Columbo struggles with speed....

Rewatch the third down short yardage play right after Owens slipped down just short. Proctor didn't get any push but Gurode never blocked anyone. Which is worse?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Your only as good as your weakest link, he is absolutely killing the offense. Half the pressure they on Romo was from his man or up his gap. It is impossible to put together a bunch of long drives with his poor play and all the penalties. I dont think it is a coincidence that our offense was back on track with Kosier, how many long completions have we had with Proctor in the game?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski;2496223 said:
Proctor's never going to be an all pro but he's nowhere near as bad as people are painting him out to be.

Everyone's always looking for that scapegoat.

Whenever Ratliff beats an interior lineman, everyone falls all over themselves saying how great he is but whenever an opponent beats Proctor, it's because Proctor stinks.

He's not the most physical guard but when used correctly, he's more than adequate. He threw a few nice blocks when he pulled and did get in the way of his man on a few of Choice's better runs.

Let's spread the OL blame around. Adams' concentration has wavered at times, Gurode misses more assignments than anyone else on the line and is terrible as a shot gun snapper, Davis has difficulty in space, Columbo struggles with speed....

Rewatch the third down short yardage play right after Owens slipped down just short. Proctor didn't get any push but Gurode never blocked anyone. Which is worse?

You make a very valid point.

Of course most won't pay heed to it.

All they can say is that "Proctor sucks"... And everyone else played at a "Pro-Bowl level" last night.

Right. :rolleyes:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday;2496240 said:
Your only as good as your weakest link, he is absolutely killing the offense. Half the pressure they on Romo was from his man or up his gap. It is impossible to put together a bunch of long drives with his poor play and all the penalties. I dont think it is a coincidence that our offense was back on track with Kosier, how many long completions have we had with Proctor in the game?

You're mouthing cliches Dooms...

You can do better than that.

The fact is there isn't an offensive line in the NFL that features all 5 guys playing at high level-- not at this time of year. It doesn't work like that.

Proctor is what he is-- a 2nd string center and 3rd string guard.

I guess you're expecting a better performance... but is that realistic given the circumstances?

There were several guys on the line last night that weren't so great-- especially in the first quarter.

And come'on about the long completion thing...

Look at the two defenses they've played the last two weeks.

Not exactly the KC Chiefs are they?

Let me play a little Kreskin for you and say that I wouldn't expect a lot of long completions vs the Ravens either.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2496272 said:
You're mouthing cliches Dooms...

You can do better than that.

The fact is there isn't an offensive line in the NFL that features all 5 guys playing at high level-- not at this time of year. It doesn't work like that.

Proctor is what he is-- a 2nd string center and 3rd string guard.

I guess you're expecting a better performance... but is that realistic given the circumstances?

There were several guys on the line last night that weren't so great-- especially in the first quarter.

And come'on about the long completion thing...

Look at the two defenses they've played the last two weeks.

Not exactly the KC Chiefs are they?

Let me play a little Kreskin for you and say that I wouldn't expect a lot of long completions vs the Ravens either.

You are right about a lot here. But the biggest thing you're right about is people aren't going to see the entire picture. Too easy to blame Proctor. He didn't play very well in the first quarter for sure. Neither did anyone else.

Colombo gave up two sacks. Davis gave one up. But people would rather say 'Proctor sucks'. I have proof. Madden said something about a few plays in the first quarter. See he sucks.