Twitter: Maher and Hajrullahu back for a workout

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dan Bailey was automatic for awhile. JG could depend on him when drives stalled , practically sent him in on 3rd downs just to cut to the chase. Unlike MM who’s never met a FG he liked . Maybe just go for 2 all the time and if I’m not mistaken you can punt kickoffs just get Anger to do double duty , carry an extra Left tackle

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd actually like to see if Lirim can be the guy to replace Zuerlein. Not expecting it to happen this season, but I think Zuerlein's best days are behind him after two back surgeries.

Zuerlein has had a great career but I'm afraid he's seen his best days come and go. At some point, even a kicker's body breaks down. I think it's likely that Lirim Hajrullaha should win the opportunity to take Zuerlein's place, at least, while he's out.

If I were in the Cowboys' FO, I think I'd be seriously considering retaining Lirim Hajrullaha in Zuerlein's place for the long run. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen. I imagine they're committed to Zuerlein, contractually, for the time being, however.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I hope it's Lirim Hajrullahu.

We all know who Brett Maher is, and he chokes with kicks inside 50 yards (which is usually most FG tries).

John813

Reaction score
I'm hoping it's Maher to see the boards reaction.

Sundays game thread will be amazing when McCarthy decides to kick it on 4th down

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think either guy is capable of doing the job on short term basis. Maher stint in 2018 he was 80% success rate. He had trouble in 2019 hitting on 66% of his kicks but again 1 game I know he is capable of doing the job

wecasa

Reaction score
Let's hope they get an actual kicker and not experiment with Steele at kicker...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let's hope they get an actual kicker and not experiment with Steele at kicker...
steele is the swing tackle and is supposed to play both sides and LC is a RT hes starter and that that ..no experiment , it was the plan all along..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Maher reminds me of Wild thing before he got glasses in Major league.....you dont know where the ball is going but its getting there with authority...

blueblood70

Reaction score
What's nsekhe's job then?
backup depth that's it,..i mean what's all the others jobs like the entire PS? all the guys on IR etc etc there's the starting 22 then backups and role players...Collins is the starting T part of the 22 steele is first in as the swing tackle and TY is the backup...

collins is and was always the RT and Steele filled in but hes the swing tackle from the start of the season and its one game he played poorly at..id give the guy another shot same with the coaches..Collins didnt grade out as bad as folks are trying to pin this game on the coaches decision to put Collins back

we lost for 15 other reasons that were blatantly obvious..