Twitter: Maher and Hajrullahu back for a workout

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I think it's likely that Lirim Hajrullaha should win the opportunity to take Zuerlein's place, at least, while he's out.

If I were in the Cowboys' FO, I think I'd be seriously considering retaining Lirim Hajrullaha in Zuerlein's place for the long run.
Only one problem dear. Hajrullaha
has never kicked in a regular-season NFL game. o_O

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
All I've seen is that he was signed to the Practice Squad. I'm assuming they will call him up for kicking duties on Sunday.
You are correct.

Things are different with all of these practice squad first, roster second things going on.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Only one problem dear. Hajrullaha
has never kicked in a regular-season NFL game. o_O

He was the best kicker in the CFL before Dallas got him the first time, though. We'll see how he fares replacing Zuerlein. As I recall, he did well for the Cowboys in a short stint the first time around. He made a good impression on lots of our fans, if memory serves. Let's hope he's OK this time, too. :)

Verdict

Reaction score
Typical retreads. Why are good kickers at such a premium?

There are a ton of college kickers coming out every year. Bailey was an UDFA if I remember correctly.

Paying kickers large amounts of money to be sporadic and miss field goals really sucks. I don’t know about you guys, but I have very little confidence that GregTheLeg is going to hit a field goal.

Arguably GregTheLeg cost us the TB game and has choked off several kicks that could have cost us other games as well.