Twitter: Mahomes extension underway

Jeffkills

Reaction score
PAY THAT MAN!!!

Swallow your pride, Jerry.

If there’s one thing we desperately need, it’s entitled players and non-stop holdouts from all our up and coming players looking for contracts...

Look at La’el Collins - there’s a guy Jerry & Co will help financially until the day he dies... Dak, probably not so much..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not sure what he'll sign for but I wonder his contract could start a so-called correction of the QB market/position. Think about it, no other QBs are coming down the pipe anywhere close to his credentials who can demand more than he'll likely get ( Watson and Jackson may be close, but neither has a ring). So whatever he signs for will likely cap the QB market for a few years IMO.

CWR

Reaction score
See this is where rational Dak supports draw the line....if Dak is asking for anything equal or above Mahomes...I will jump on DiNucci bandwagon...

My heart can't handle 118 Career INT Dalton

Agreed, I really do like Dak. Imo hes got a lot of potential with this offense and better coaching. I am eager to see him go to work. BUT he is not close to Mahomes level of talent. He doesn't deserve to base his contract on what Mahomes gets. Watching how the FO has handled this thus far demonstrates how high they are willing to go imo. In no way will they allow Mahomes deal to be leverage for a drastically higher contract.

CWR

Reaction score
Not sure what he'll sign for but I wonder his contract could start a so-called correction of the QB market/position. Think about it, no other QBs are coming down the pipe anywhere close to his credentials who can demand more than he'll likely get ( Watson and Jackson may be close, but neither has a ring). So whatever he signs for will likely cap the QB market for a few years IMO.

I dont know when those two are up for contract, but they will need special seasons to reach a Mahomes level deal. I completely agree, he caps the market for at least a couple years.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yep.. because when Mahomes gets plus $40M and $120M-$150M folks we feel better slotting Dak at Tag $31.4M - $37M

Dak Haters heads will implode..
Not nesecarily Dak may price himself off the team.

:thumbup:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
They're not going to get Maholms done before July. It won't affect Daks money unless he plays on the tag this year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
#1 Mahomes comes from a family that is well of.
#2 he’s the face of the NFL gets plenty of endorsements
#3 he wants to win multiple championships and realizes that the pie is only so big.

I don’t think he breaks the bank. Fairly compensated yes. But he’s not that greedy.
Good,, maybe he rationalizes the current market,, funny, maybe Brady had just a little something to keeping the market together for so many years, and now that he is gone,, WHAMO!

JBS

Reaction score
#1 Mahomes comes from a family that is well of.
#2 he’s the face of the NFL gets plenty of endorsements
#3 he wants to win multiple championships and realizes that the pie is only so big.

I don’t think he breaks the bank. Fairly compensated yes. But he’s not that greedy.

I'll take this bet..assuming you have a realistic view point of what a discount is...whats his average salary going to be? New money only..not including any existing money he has

CWR

Reaction score
I see it the opposite.

Mahomes signs a stupid contract, 45 million a year/150 million guaranteed.

If Prescott comes to Dallas wanting more money, Dallas is going to say no, play on the tag. Dallas will then start the process of finding their next QB.

It might be Dalton that bridges the position till a new QB is found.
:hammer:

JBS

Reaction score
I see it the opposite.

If Prescott comes to Dallas wanting more money, Dallas is going to say no, play on the tag. Dallas will then start the process of finding their next QB.

this isn't going to happen

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not nesecarily Dak may price himself off the team.

:thumbup:
I hope not.
I want Dak on this team, but he needs to correct himself, quickly.
I don't say this out of hatred, Im not on that bandwagon,, sure we all want the best of the best to dawn the star, but I live in reality, and that just isn't reality, you get lucky and get that sometimes.
Dak just needs to realize who he is, and also realize that this fan base, much like this forum that represents a microcosm of the entire Cowboys fan base, is that once you start pissing them off,, you lose their loyalty, and that's what Dak isn't considering the value of when he is crunching his numbers.
Man better be willing to actually negotiate, and understand where he not only stands financially with this franchise but with the loyalty and love from this teams fan base.
He is about to loose his *** if he doesn't.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I hope not.
I want Dak on this team, but he needs to correct himself, quickly.
I don't say this out of hatred, Im not on that bandwagon,, sure we all want the best of the best to dawn the star, but I live in reality, and that just isn't reality, you get lucky and get that sometimes.
Dak just needs to realize who he is, and also realize that this fan base, much like this forum that represents a microcosm of the entire Cowboys fan base, is that once you start pissing them off,, you lose their loyalty, and that's what Dak isn't considering the value of when he is crunching his numbers.
Man better be willing to actually negotiate, and understand where he not only stands financially with this franchise but with the loyalty and love from this teams fan base.
He is about to loose his *** if he doesn't.
No its up to our front office to get the deal done. Dak did his job already. Time for Jerry to pay him

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wonder if Dak will be a man of his word and keep holding out until a big contract is ready for he to sign?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I see it the opposite.

If Dak is on the tag and they think he's going the Kirk Cousins route, they should see about trading him and playing Dalton this year. Get the value out of Dak *and* Dalton's cheap contract while we can.