Twitter: Mahomes extension underway

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ya know. Setting here thinking about it. Does mahomes know lucky he is.

Yes he is a rising star and a real good QB. But if the 49ers just ran the ball they would be the SB champs.

Watching the game and mahomes threw 2 picks in that game. When he threw the first one I told my wife if the 49ers simply run the ball then they will win this game. In the first playoff game leading up to it and even during the season the 49ers ran the ball so well that gurappilo (spelled wrong) didn’t have to throw the ball much. In there first playoff game he barely threw the ball and when he needed to people were open because they sold out to stop the run. Same in the SB.

All they had to do was run the ball. They couldn’t stop it. Who made the decision to let gurappilo start passing it around. How stupid was that decision. It reminded me of us at times.

After the SB they interviewed chiefs defensive player and he even said they couldn’t figure out the 49ers blocking scheme and couldn’t stop the run. They were running all over us. Don’t know why they started throwing the ball but we were really glad they did. Gave mahomes more opportunity and chances. He even threw another pick after that. Lol.

If the 49ers just run there formula then they win and mahomes ends up looking like goff when he went to the SB. Instead he is about to get paid more than any other QB in history. Because one person on the 49ers decided to change the plan. Who did that. Lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
oh tay.

Dak reminds me of this guy.

He tries to come off as serious but he is just too funny.

I laugh at Dak anymore.

You will get to laugh at him for a long time. He will be your starting QB for at least 3-4 years. If not longer.

Flamma

Reaction score
All true.

But apparently what we never knew before but know now..

Dak is a drama queen.

He likes to have controversy.

His dinner party shows this.

His practicing despite laws against doing so make it obvious.

He does not wear a mask.

People have to look at reality.

Dak is not the leader we hoped he would be.

He is more of a rebel if you ask me.

:thumbdown:

You probably already know that I am no Dak fanboy. But I too don't listen to what other people say about having people over my house. I too don't wear a mask in my house.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
43pszg.jpg

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You will get to laugh at him for a long time. He will be your starting QB for at least 3-4 years. If not longer.

Has Jerry been informed about the above???
Ya didn't think so....:espn:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not sure what he'll sign for but I wonder his contract could start a so-called correction of the QB market/position. Think about it, no other QBs are coming down the pipe anywhere close to his credentials who can demand more than he'll likely get ( Watson and Jackson may be close, but neither has a ring). So whatever he signs for will likely cap the QB market for a few years IMO.
Couple things...

If Watson is close, then so is Dak.

If the cap rises, Mahomes' contract will still get surpassed.

dckid

Reaction score

This whole drama as-if this stall until 7/15 is all about Dak wanting x-money for x-years and the Joneses not being willing to pay it?

Nonsense.

It's about Dak wanting to wait to see if Mahomes signs something in the interim.

If he does, it potentially re-sets the market and gives him an extra wad of money. If he doesn't, then Dak at least hasn't committed to something prematurely and live to regret it... the choice, in that case and at that point, will be a straight-up question of if he likes the offer on the table enough to sign, or would rather play a year under the franchise tag.

KC being smart and Mahomes being accommodating to a degree. Even if he gets 5 years 200 guaranteed @ 40 Per I would not bat and eye and both sides can leave happy. Mahomes is worth whatever the market will bear.
You cannot even discuss Dak, Goff, Wentz in the same sentence as Mahomes. Mahomes will be underpaid @ 40.

dckid

Reaction score

This whole drama as-if this stall until 7/15 is all about Dak wanting x-money for x-years and the Joneses not being willing to pay it?

Nonsense.

It's about Dak wanting to wait to see if Mahomes signs something in the interim.

If he does, it potentially re-sets the market and gives him an extra wad of money. If he doesn't, then Dak at least hasn't committed to something prematurely and live to regret it... the choice, in that case and at that point, will be a straight-up question of if he likes the offer on the table enough to sign, or would rather play a year under the franchise tag.

The deal the Cowboys should be worried about is Watson, not Mahomes.
Mahomes will get what he gets and deserves every Penny. If Watson gets 40.. then we are in trouble.
I would rather pay Watson over Dak of course.

glimmerman

Reaction score
KC being smart and Mahomes being accommodating to a degree. Even if he gets 5 years 200 guaranteed @ 40 Per I would not bat and eye and both sides can leave happy. Mahomes is worth whatever the market will bear.
You cannot even discuss Dak, Goff, Wentz in the same sentence as Mahomes. Mahomes will be underpaid @ 40.
When mahomes gets signed it will set the new market. No matter what the numbers are. At her that the next franchise QB to be signed by a team will have a agent that will want to start there. Whether they deserve it or not. Lol.

dckid

Reaction score
When mahomes gets signed it will set the new market. No matter what the numbers are. At her that the next franchise QB to be signed by a team will have a agent that will want to start there. Whether they deserve it or not. Lol.
The NFL needs a Mahomes exception. Just throw out his contract.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The NFL needs a Mahomes exception. Just throw out his contract.
Exactly. If the 49ers just kept running the ball in the SB then he may not be looking at 40+ per year. He threw a couple of picks...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Total fantasyland, I know, but how sweet would it be if Mahomes signed for 35.5 mil and 112 guaranteed....or most in NFL but just barely.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Total fantasyland, I know, but how sweet would it be if Mahomes signed for 35.5 mil and 112 guaranteed....or most in NFL but just barely.

I would never stop laughing DFW. That would be so freaking funny. But it will never happen. Mahomes is going to get paid and honestly, I don't think he's worth it either. There is no question that he is among the best young QBs we've seen in a really long time but these kinds of big time contracts, they don't seem to work out well for the teams. IDK.....