Mahomes puts ketchup on his steak

nobody

Reaction score
*raises paw shyly* I do sometimes, along with BBQ sauce, and/or steak sauce.

But why drown out the natural flavors of the steak? Okay, I get BBQ sauce if you're in a bbq mood, but that's better on brisket or chopped beef or chicken or pulled pork. On a nice piece of steak? Salt, maybe pepper and that's it. Salt it, sear it to seal in the juices, then cook it to at most medium rare and really enjoy the flavors and juices.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
But why drown out the natural flavors of the steak? Okay, I get BBQ sauce if you're in a bbq mood, but that's better on brisket or chopped beef or chicken or pulled pork. On a nice piece of steak? Salt, maybe pepper and that's it. Salt it, seer it to seal in the juices, then cook it to at most medium rare and really enjoy the flavors and juices.

Depends on the steak. If I'm getting it from a place like Texas Roadhouse or Outback, I only use steak sauce or BBQ sauce if available. If I make it (and it's decent without it) or if I just fancy using ketchup on it, I"m not shy about it. Just a personal preference. Oh, and I'd LOVE for the US to bring over some of the sauces I had in Barcelona on my steak there! The sauces I had on that were WONDERFUL!!!! The Venue in Barcelona made the best steak I've ever had.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
But why drown out the natural flavors of the steak? Okay, I get BBQ sauce if you're in a bbq mood, but that's better on brisket or chopped beef or chicken or pulled pork. On a nice piece of steak? Salt, maybe pepper and that's it. Salt it, sear it to seal in the juices, then cook it to at most medium rare and really enjoy the flavors and juices.

This is how I eat it, never use any sauce on steak unless it’s cheap stuff cooked to a puck

Big_D

Reaction score
Some people are really into ketchup. Same people probably put Ketchup on hot dogs and ranch dressing on Pizza? But who am I to talk, I put hot sauce and a ridiculous amount of black pepper on almost everything. And I do love mustard and dipping sauces.. but steak if done correctly is one of the few things I don't add anything.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

"At most" is a little too rare for me, but aside from that I'm with ya. I can't imagine ketchup on a good steak. Yikes! LOL

Last edited: