Mailbag: who stood out in mini camp

chagus

Reaction score
" Cooper Beebe and Tyler Guyton appear to be transitioning smoothly to their new full-time positions on the offensive line"

Yuge, if true.
Guyton seemed like a big project to me.
Ive heard players saying that Guyton is an athletic freak. I dont think he's big project to turn his game around. Just some fine tuning which he already started doing himself during the offseason. Either way, its going to be interesting to watch his development.

HungryLion

Reaction score
" Cooper Beebe and Tyler Guyton appear to be transitioning smoothly to their new full-time positions on the offensive line"

Yuge, if true.
They’re not even wearing pads yet. So it’s too early to know how ready Guyton will be.

I’m hopeful but growing pains wouldn’t shock me either.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Always good to read positive threads! I know I plan to enjoy whatever progress gets made. Not expecting a SB run - just want to see young players develop into good football players. Is that selling out? Maybe? I just know I need a year off from the usual Cowboys hype and crash and burn playoff thing.

conner01

Reaction score

Yuge, if true.
That would be huge. If they can be solid as rookies it’s gonna make all the difference in the world

conner01

Reaction score
Well they need to find something for him to do.
His skill is the ball in space. Seems logical. Now lamb is gonna be in the slot the most but may make the difference in him making the roster or not if he can do something there. He has some nice recieving skills and he’s good on screens but just too small to run between the tackles much

Chasing6

Reaction score
His skill is the ball in space. Seems logical. Now lamb is gonna be in the slot the most but may make the difference in him making the roster or not if he can do something there. He has some nice recieving skills and he’s good on screens but just too small to run between the tackles much
Also a small target.

conner01

Reaction score
Also a small target.
True though that’s not a big issue coming out of the backfield so much as down the field and it’s not like he’s getting more than a couple targets a game at the very most

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Guyton lacks All Conf / All American awards.

So that’s a red flag for me.

The guys in this draft that won those awards went much lower. Even Cooper Beebe won one as a tackle a few years ago. You want to try that now?

Tackle
Cooper Beebe Kansas St
Connor Galvin Baylor
Derek Kerstetter Texas
Tyrese Robinson Oklahoma

Tackle
Anton Harrison Oklahoma
Connor Galvin Baylor
Kelvin Banks jr Texas
Wanya Morris Oklahoma

Tackle
Patrick Paul Houston
Dominick Puni Kansas
Kelvin Banks jr Texas

Chasing6

Reaction score
The guys in this draft that won those awards went much lower. Even Cooper Beebe won one as a tackle a few years ago. You want to try that now?

Tackle
Cooper Beebe Kansas St
Connor Galvin Baylor
Derek Kerstetter Texas
Tyrese Robinson Oklahoma

Tackle
Anton Harrison Oklahoma
Connor Galvin Baylor
Kelvin Banks jr Texas
Wanya Morris Oklahoma

Tackle
Patrick Paul Houston