Mailbag: who stood out in mini camp

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm curious how many of you agree with this. The preseason games we have coming will be interesting to see. The rookies will finally get exposed to the NFL game. Finally, we get to see what they can do. I have 3 pet cats to keep an eye on... Trey Lance, Tyler Guyton, and DeMarvion Overshown

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm curious how many of you agree with this. The preseason games we have coming will be interesting to see. The rookies will finally get exposed to the NFL game. Finally, we get to see what they can do. I have 3 pet cats to keep an eye on... Trey Lance, Tyler Guyton, and DeMarvion Overshown
Trance is a pet lizard at best.

plasticman

Reaction score
We've all witnessed some players looking like they were hopeless for up to five years only to have then completely reverse in a season. One day it just starts to click for them.

Guys like Dalton Schultz, Terrence Steele, Dorance Armstrong, and Noah Brown found ways to surprise us. The same is true about the team in the 90's. Both Nate Newton and Mark Tuinei rode the bubble for many preseasons, and both ended up as Pro Bowlers and SB starters.

Still, the excitement has to come from witnessing it as a reality and not reading about it as an opinion that is often based on agenda.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've all witnessed some players looking like they were hopeless for up to five years only to have then completely reverse in a season. One day it just starts to click for them.

Guys like Dalton Schultz, Terrence Steele, Dorance Armstrong, and Noah Brown found ways to surprise us. The same is true about the team in the 90's. Both Nate Newton and Mark Tuinei rode the bubble for many preseasons, and both ended up as Pro Bowlers and SB starters.

Still, the excitement has to come from witnessing it as a reality and not reading about it as an opinion that is often based on agenda.
There's always a bit of excitement in a good mystery. Trey isn't a whodunnit yet...more like willhedoit.

He just needs that opportunity...and continued hard work and coaching. Maybe some luck too....like Dak had?

shabazz

Reaction score
Always good to read positive threads! I know I plan to enjoy whatever progress gets made. Not expecting a SB run - just want to see young players develop into good football players. Is that selling out? Maybe? I just know I need a year off from the usual Cowboys hype and crash and burn playoff thing.
That's a realistic and healthy way to look at this thing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the waterboy.. that was some high quality H2O.. :muttley:
outside of that, its glorified walk throughs, nothing to take from half speed short wearing athletes...
Plenty to take from it. Are they doing what they are supposed to do. Are they grasping all what is being thrown at them. A way to get the basic concepts down, as well as the play calls and signals and terminology.

So when they get to TC that part of the learning curve is over.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Plenty to take from it. Are they doing what they are supposed to do. Are they grasping all what is being thrown at them. A way to get the basic concepts down, as well as the play calls and signals and terminology.

So when they get to TC that part of the learning curve is over.
You asked our opinion and that's my opinion...

We'll know more in actual training camp,

the only people I'm curious about are Trayvon diggs and overshown how their actual rehabs doing, will they be on lines on the side will they actually be participating at full speed ,because walking in shorts or jogging and catching one handed passes and this goes for all over the NFL, I'm hearing the reporting of all these young quarterbacks about to blow up on the scene and the Chicago Bears are going to the playoffs, best young rookie QBs ever!! because of some short wearing half speed walkthroughs...LOL

it just reminds me of stuff like Prescott being ripped apart because of the accuracy contest even though they did well that one with David Carr whatever his name was pointing out Prescott and then the next season point out Prescott's all his interceptions last year and practice and camp which was all nonsense it turns out they were all wrong what we're seeing with our eyes during these barely can be called practice can be very deceiving....

We've even seen this in training camp guys like Kamara and some of their wide receivers just tearing it up everyone's looking for a big season and what are they doing their regular season absolutely nothing..LOL MEH

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Same here. I still think Tyler at LT with Bass at LG gives us our best starting 5.
Yeah, best 5 for this year. I think so too.
But I also think they're writing off this year and playing for the future.
The oline will be worse, but they're investing snaps in the rookies.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They’re not even wearing pads yet. So it’s too early to know how ready Guyton will be.

I’m hopeful but growing pains wouldn’t shock me either.
Guyton wasn’t All American. Zero All Conf awards.

So those are red flags.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No doubt but what Tyler Guyton is raw and needy for early development but is proving himself very talented and willing to develop as needed. He's also being described as an "athletic freak" with exceptional size. He'll be due for early adjustments, but time and development will see him excel. He's also showing a willingness to work hard to improve his skills. Cooper Beebe has skills that will be considered exceptional from the start. He's exceptionally sharp mentally and should catch on to his duties at Center with very few problems, if any.

Last edited: