Twitter: Make no mistake, this was Dan Quinn's draft

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Coaches get too much credit for winning, too much criticism for losing. I've come to believe that. There's only so much a coach can do when players let down.

i have to agree with that view...i have heard the players "Love" playing for Quinn so that is most important anyway....i guess i am just still so angry at the headshaking picks they made in 3rd round...they had 3 and through em all

down the toilet...except maybe that one 3-tech...but who am I...you dont see anyone paying me to make picks

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Dan Quinn also stated most of the time NFL runs out of nickle on defense...over 70%...so that is 4 down lineman...that is how in reality we play more 4-3 than 3-4...i like Dan Quinn i think but its hard to forget it was his defense that could not hold to a 28-3 lead 3rd quarter of the superbowl and they lost...but then again one game good or bad can happen to anyone?

Wasn't just his defense. Their offense stalled out completely down the stretch and no defense in this league is going to hold down Tom Brady and the Patriot's offense for long.

phildadon86

Reaction score
THIS was the draft that could have reset the defense and the franchise. We had a top 10 pick in every round and had 2 extra 3rd rounders and an extra 4th rounder. We had the power to pick high and move all over the board to get who we wanted. On top of that, other than Horn and Surtain in the first round, the draft was falling to us just as we needed in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. Everything was there for the taking.

And we blew it. Plain and simple, the FO blew it. A couple of simple trade ups and this draft goes from a C to an A+ and our defense gets transformed over night.
I agree we should have definitely been more aggressive. However I think we grabbed some players that are really going to help reshape our defense. Parsons alone will become a leader in that room in short order. Joseph has the talent to be an incredible CB. I’m in wait and see mode

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
This is such garbage. Good coaching gets the most out of good players. It doesn't need guys that "fit" into a certain system. I don't believe this for one second and neither should any of you.

If a player has the talent or aptitude to play a certain way then there's no coach that can change that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As it should be......just me, but I honestly feel a lot better than I did after day two. No question in my mind we're already a better D than we were last year. Encouraging the see focus on run defense.

It is the same style of players that they've been drafting on defense for several years:
Big, tall LBs.
CBs with length.
Quick DL with long arms.
Safeties either not drafted or drafted late.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree we should have definitely been more aggressive. However I think we grabbed some players that are really going to help reshape our defense. Parsons alone will become a leader in that room in short order. Joseph has the talent to be an incredible CB. I’m in wait and see mode

Love Parsons, Joseph is 50/50. Should have easily gotten 3 plug and play starters in this draft and possibly 4. All at positions of need.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A couple of simple trade ups and this draft goes from a C to an A+ and our defense gets transformed over night.
Doesn't sound like the Cowboys got any of your pet cats CR. They clearly had a different vision than you did. Who was right? We'll see but it doesn't mean the Cowboys blew it. We don't have the luxury of knowing what they know and why they passed on specific players.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yep...............they sat around hoping instead of being aggressive. When the guys went RIGHT BEFORE them it just seemed like they took stabs at guys on their list they kinda liked that might fit. It was really really pathetic.

And you could see in the press conference that they all knew it. No one was excited about anything. Those guys were tickled pink last year with the draft. You could see it in all their eyes this year. There was nothing.

Lets be fair they'd sedated Jerry to stop him trading away a decades worth of 1st rounders for Pitts....they had to keep reminding him what Defense was.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
This is such garbage. Good coaching gets the most out of good players. It doesn't need guys that "fit" into a certain system. I don't believe this for one second and neither should any of you.
Good lord, please don't tell Tom Landry that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like the Cowboys got any of your pet cats CR. They clearly had a different vision than you did. Who was right? We'll see but it doesn't mean the Cowboys blew it. We don't have the luxury of knowing what they know and why they passed on specific players.

Im talking about players scouts and experts agreed on. Also guys that were reported multiple times to be linked to the Cowboys. When these guy go RIGHT in front of your team, where they were predicted to go, what else do you need to see?

And in the case of the DT from UCLA they clearly were targeting DT there. Mcneil and Milton went right in front of them so they clearly settled for the UCLA kid. If you want to ignore whats right in front of you, so be it. Obviously we have to wait and see, but the Cowboys havent earned the benefit of the doubt. For the most part players drafted past the 2nd round for the Cowboys rarely amount to much. Dak being a lucky break.

Then I see someone like Bellicheck trading up to get a guy like Barmore and thats verification enough for me. Also LV trading right in front of us to nab Moehrig. Tells me they knew the Cowboys were in love with him. Clues are all there.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
As it should be......just me, but I honestly feel a lot better than I did after day two. No question in my mind we're already a better D than we were last year. Encouraging the see focus on run defense.

No question when Quinn agreed to come to Dallas..it was with a promise from the FO they would let him oversee the draft. Just sad we could not find a CB to help the secondary and would have liked a safety too.

ghst187

Reaction score
I’m interested in what he does with the DBs drafted although I felt like they could’ve been had much later. the DL picks seemed like they just plan to throw a bunch of bodies at the problem instead of getting real talent...

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Jerry Jones clown show continues. Bush league roster management like this is how they wound up with such a one-sided roster in the first place.