Make Your Case for Day 3 Picks

timb2

Reaction score
MAKE A CASE FOR ONLY 4 PLAYERS AT EACH ROUND PICK.

4 Prince Tega Wanoghe OT Auburn

I am shocked he is still on the board. Good athlete still learning the game. We need to groom a reserve OT because Tyron Smith is breaking down. Eventually his back is going to give out and we need a Plan B.

5 Nethane Muti OG Fresno State

I love this guy. We need a physical OG. I don't think Connor William's is the answer at LG. Muti had some injuries but if he can heal up he could be very special. His highlights show it.

5 Nigel Kilby TE Southern Illinois

Finally moving on from Jason Witten and his sloth speed. I don't fully trust Jarwin or Schultz to be that star TE. Kilby looks more like a Power Forward but at 6'-8" he ran a 4.6 forty at his pro day. I looked and the only reason he bounced around because he is not book smart. I don't need Einstein out there what I need is a gifted TE.

7 Christian Albright OLB Ball State

We could use another LB to develop. Ball State is not the place you think of searching for LBs. Watch his tape he has skills and passion and we need that. Maybe he could start in time.

Last edited:

bdk76

Reaction score
4. Amik Robertson CB, Louisiana Tech.. Slot corner with tremendous instincts and ball skills.

5. Leki Fotu DT, Utah...1tech BEEF

5. J.R Reed S, Georgia....More intelligent than athletic, NFL bloodlines

7. Bryce Huff Edge, Memphis...Quick, bendy developmental edge rusher

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Tyler Biadasz C Wisconsin
Jacob Eason QB Washington
Larrell Murchison DT NC St.
James Smith Williams DE NC St.
Michael Onwenu RG Michigan
Khaleke Hudson OLB/SS Michigan
Kenny Robinson SS West Virginia
Mykal Walker LB Fresno St.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
After the first 3 picks anything now is a bonus. Honestly would like to see us get some Olinemen and linebackers. I like our top 3 safeties and our top 4 corners. What I don't like is the defensive line depth in the draft at this point perticularly the ends. Also would love to see us add a thumper of a FB.

DanA

Reaction score
Round 4: Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
He's a 6'2 right handed Kellen Moore. Highly intelligent, works through his reads but has good accuracy but limited arm strength. I'm pretty confident he could do alright as a backup QB immediately. I also think as he becomes more physical and improves him arm strength he could be an NFL starter.

Round 5: Kenny Robinson Jr., DS, XFL
He's one of the youngest guys in the draft and gets takeaway. He a lot like Delpit IMO.

Round 5: Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU
Some character flags but he's got 2nd round talent and projects as solid swing tackle IMO.

Round 7: Jeff Thomas, WR, Miami
He's got blazing speed, and projects as a Tavon Austin type that can run return kicks/punts, run jet sweeps, play out of slot, and offer a deep ball threat.

Creeper

Reaction score
I love Muti at OG. He is not that big at 6'3" 315 but he is really strong and has a nasty streak like Kevin Gogan. Muti has incredible upper body strength that he uses to maul defenders. But he uses his hands to throw people around and that may get called in the NFL. I agree, he is stronger and more physical than Connor Williams, but Muti is a project. Still, if he lasts to the 5th round, I would take a chance that his 44 reps of the bench press are worth the pick. A lot of mock drafts had Muti going in the 3rd round before Damien Lewis. I like Lewis better. He is also a mauler with a mean streak but he keeps it under control.

I think they take S safety somewhere and maybe a TE. I would love to see them get Troy Pride out of Notre Dame.

Verdammung

Reaction score
First off, I think you continue to go down the BPA route.

Guys that really stick out for me.

WR Quintez Cephus, Wisconsin - We'd probably rather draft a slot receiver candidate, but I believe in this guy.
T Prince Tega Wanogho, Auburn; T Cameron Clark, Charlotte; T Terence Steele, Texas Tech - Swing tackle candidates.
G Ben Bredeson, Michigan; G Logan Stenberg, Kentucky; C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin - We don't know who is starting where between the LG & C position; pick your flavor to solidify the position.
DE Curtis Weaver, Boise State - I've said this already, but once he's off the board, I'm out on the Edge Rusher position. I'd go up and get him.
DT Leki Fotu, Utah - Probably overkill at this point and would all but close the book on Trysten Hill, but you could have the potential to draft eventual replacements for both Gerald McCoy & Dontari Poe in the same draft.
LB Akeem Davis-Gaither, Appalachian State - He might be too light, but this guy has so much potential.
CB Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa - This would make us uncomfortably long at the CB depth chart, but I think this guy is too good. Draft him, and he might be starting for you in 2021.
S J.R. Reed, Georgia - Not a lot of upside, but he can be a solid player at the position.

I do think they pick a QB. If Jake Fromm from Georgia is on the board in the fourth, I don't think they would pass on him.

Someone above me suggested drafting a punter; if one is available in the 7th round, go ahead and do it.

Bizwah

Reaction score
4. Amik Robertson CB, Louisiana Tech.. Slot corner with tremendous instincts and ball skills.

5. Leki Fotu DT, Utah...1tech BEEF

5. J.R Reed S, Georgia....More intelligent than athletic, NFL bloodlines

7. Bryce Huff Edge, Memphis...Quick, bendy developmental edge rusher

I'll take this.

You've listed two of my favorite players: Amik Robertson and Bryce Huff.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
There are a couple possible pass rushers, we need LB depth and OL depth. And definitely a punter because Jones was really bad last year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I am shocked he is still on the board. Good athlete still learning the game. We need to groom a reserve OT because Tyron Smith is breaking down. Eventually his back is going to give out and we need a Plan B.

5 Nethane Muti OG Fresno State

I love this guy. We need a physical OG. I don't think Connor William's is the answer at LG. Muti had some injuries but if he can heal up he could be very special. His highlights show it.

5 Nigel Kilby TE Southern Illinois

Finally moving on from Jason Witten and his sloth speed. I don't fully trust Jarwin or Schultz to be that star TE. Kilby looks more like a Power Forward but at 6'-8" he ran a 4.6 forty at his pro day. I looked and the only reason he bounced around because he is not book smart. I don't need Einstein out there what I need is a gifted TE.

7 Christian Albright OLB Ball State

We could use another LB to develop. Ball State is not the place you think of searching for LBs. Watch his tape he has skills and passion and we need that. Maybe he could start in time.

I really like Muti. physical, finisher....strong.

cowboyec

Reaction score
4th...DE Curtis Weaver,Boise St...excellent rusher this late...solid vs the run...Boise Tough.

5th...QB James Morgan,FIU...connections to McCarthy...nice arm to develop behind Dak...push Cooper.

5th...S Jordan Fuller,Ohio St....tough...physical...smart....high character.

7th...LB Nick Coe,Auburn...love his size...love his physicality...big enough he could also play DE.

Sydla

Reaction score
The beauty at this point is we can any direction we want. Just take the best player. Shoot, if Fromm is there, sure, I'd take a flier on him in the 4th.

There are some interesting names at DE still out there like Weaver. CalPoly will love this, but Khalid Kareem might be worth a flier in the 5th or 6th. We could even go OL. As noted, the OT from Auburn wouldn't be a bad pick up as a developmental, swing OT.

vaquerosdedallas

Reaction score

I agree 100%! If the Boys don't pick him if he is available at their next pick they will regret it.

Aven8

Reaction score
James Lynch- DE Baylor

Big 12 DPOY- 13.5 sacks, 19 TFL’s, three forced fumbles, and 2 blocked kicks. A mean SOB.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Muti at OG. He is not that big at 6'3" 315 but he is really strong and has a nasty streak like Kevin Gogan. Muti has incredible upper body strength that he uses to maul defenders. But he uses his hands to throw people around and that may get called in the NFL. I agree, he is stronger and more physical than Connor Williams, but Muti is a project. Still, if he lasts to the 5th round, I would take a chance that his 44 reps of the bench press are worth the pick. A lot of mock drafts had Muti going in the 3rd round before Damien Lewis. I like Lewis better. He is also a mauler with a mean streak but he keeps it under control.

I think they take S safety somewhere and maybe a TE. I would love to see them get Troy Pride out of Notre Dame.
2016: Redshirted Missed the season due to a right achilles injury and redshirted
2017: (14/14) LG Honorable Mention All-MWC
2018: (2/2) LT Missed most of the season due to a left achilles injury
2019: (3/3) LG Missed most of the season due to a Lisfranc injury; Team Captain