Make Your Case for Day 3 Picks

garyv

Reaction score
4th...DE Curtis Weaver,Boise St...excellent rusher this late...solid vs the run...Boise Tough.

5th...QB James Morgan,FIU...connections to McCarthy...nice arm to develop behind Dak...push Cooper.

5th...S Jordan Fuller,Ohio St....tough...physical...smart....high character.

7th...LB Nick Coe,Auburn...love his size...love his physicality...big enough he could also play DE.

McCarthy said he wants a QB Fromm or Eason maybe

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Hall
Anae
Mann
Captain Morgan

Take it to the bank and give Dallas a gold star for winning the draft.

Verdammung

Reaction score
First off, I think you continue to go down the BPA route.

Guys that really stick out for me.

WR Quintez Cephus, Wisconsin - We'd probably rather draft a slot receiver candidate, but I believe in this guy.
T Prince Tega Wanogho, Auburn; T Cameron Clark, Charlotte; T Terence Steele, Texas Tech - Swing tackle candidates.
G Ben Bredeson, Michigan; G Logan Stenberg, Kentucky; C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin - We don't know who is starting where between the LG & C position; pick your flavor to solidify the position.
DE Curtis Weaver, Boise State - I've said this already, but once he's off the board, I'm out on the Edge Rusher position. I'd go up and get him.
DT Leki Fotu, Utah - Probably overkill at this point and would all but close the book on Trysten Hill, but you could have the potential to draft eventual replacements for both Gerald McCoy & Dontari Poe in the same draft.
LB Akeem Davis-Gaither, Appalachian State - He might be too light, but this guy has so much potential.
CB Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa - This would make us uncomfortably long at the CB depth chart, but I think this guy is too good. Draft him, and he might be starting for you in 2021.
S J.R. Reed, Georgia - Not a lot of upside, but he can be a solid player at the position.

I do think they pick a QB. If Jake Fromm from Georgia is on the board in the fourth, I don't think they would pass on him.

Someone above me suggested drafting a punter; if one is available in the 7th round, go ahead and do it.

Bump.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4th...DE Curtis Weaver,Boise St...excellent rusher this late...solid vs the run...Boise Tough.

5th...QB James Morgan,FIU...connections to McCarthy...nice arm to develop behind Dak...push Cooper.

5th...S Jordan Fuller,Ohio St....tough...physical...smart....high character.

7th...LB Nick Coe,Auburn...love his size...love his physicality...big enough he could also play DE.

Weaver is an interesting player.

There is nothing pretty about watching his game footage. He doesn't show uber speed/quickness and does overpower blockers but somehow he just gets past blockers and into the QB face.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Good call. Now, out of curiosity..why Robinson over Hall?

I seriously know nothing outside of what I've read from others over the internet.

The Draft Show was suggesting there was some injury concerns with him. There's definitely things Hall does better than Robinson, but I think Hall has a higher bust factor.

Robinson has speed; I think Hall couldn't recover.
Robinson is good in press coverage; Hall primarily played off.
Hall has better ball skills.
Robinson is a better tackler by far.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
First off, I think you continue to go down the BPA route.

Guys that really stick out for me.

WR Quintez Cephus, Wisconsin - We'd probably rather draft a slot receiver candidate, but I believe in this guy.
T Prince Tega Wanogho, Auburn; T Cameron Clark, Charlotte; T Terence Steele, Texas Tech - Swing tackle candidates.
G Ben Bredeson, Michigan; G Logan Stenberg, Kentucky; C Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin - We don't know who is starting where between the LG & C position; pick your flavor to solidify the position.
DE Curtis Weaver, Boise State - I've said this already, but once he's off the board, I'm out on the Edge Rusher position. I'd go up and get him.
DT Leki Fotu, Utah - Probably overkill at this point and would all but close the book on Trysten Hill, but you could have the potential to draft eventual replacements for both Gerald McCoy & Dontari Poe in the same draft.
LB Akeem Davis-Gaither, Appalachian State - He might be too light, but this guy has so much potential.
CB Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa - This would make us uncomfortably long at the CB depth chart, but I think this guy is too good. Draft him, and he might be starting for you in 2021.
S J.R. Reed, Georgia - Not a lot of upside, but he can be a solid player at the position.

I do think they pick a QB. If Jake Fromm from Georgia is on the board in the fourth, I don't think they would pass on him.

Someone above me suggested drafting a punter; if one is available in the 7th round, go ahead and do it.
You nailed it!

Verdammung

Reaction score
One more note I just saw posted by Rob Phillips on twitter; apparently Reggie Robinson is very experienced on special teams and has four blocked kicks in his career. That is exceptionally valuable at this stage of the draft.