makes me sick

CowboyChris

Reaction score
to see the Skins 3-0, they should be 0-3, we had them beat, and Seattle bangs one off the crossbar with no time left, the Bears had their chances all day.

ghst187

Reaction score
yep, they are absolutely the worst 3-0 team I've ever seen.
Portis is crap. Moss turned out to be a good trade. Brunnel did look good today but Seattle's d is crap.
Wash's defensive scheme is one of the best in the league, it must be because their players on d aren't anything special and they're shutting people down.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
you know what makes me sick....players SUCK against the iggles then go lights out against us.

i.e.......oakland's kicker.

zagnut

Reaction score
The season will catch up to them. I'm more concerned with our team and also the great play coming out of the Giants.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
to see the Skins 3-0, they should be 0-3, we had them beat, and Seattle bangs one off the crossbar with no time left, the Bears had their chances all day.
Yep, and even before that, the Seattle player who intercepted the ball looked like the could have gained at least 15 or so yards, but he just kind of fell down. Those few yards closer might have let that FG go in.

Anyway, it sounds like sour grapes but it's not... I don't think they're as good as they believe they are.

ScottCase

Benched
Reaction score
You should be sick at our Coward OC and should tip your cap to the gutsy gambling Skins.

Brave

Reaction score
The Skins' defense is about where it was last year ... which is pretty darn near the top of the league. Not a lot of big plays (turnovers, scores) but they just don't give up many points.

The Skins offense appears to be slightly improved from last year. They are moving the ball much better, but they still do not score many points. Today, they needed MANY 3rd and long conversions to keep the Seattle D on the field and get out with a win. That left upright helped a bit, too.

Still, last year they would not have found a way to win the last two games. The intangible of "believing" is invaluable in winning the close ones. Looking at their schedule, I can see the Skins finishing in the 8-8 or 9-7 range if they continue to play the way they did today.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
We could just as easily be 0-4. Why whine about what some other team is doing?
btw: that "we had them beat" attitude is why we DIDN'T have them beat.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:

The NFL season runs 16 games. Washington will hit some bumps. Better believe it. Dallas, NY, and Philly alone are gonna 'cause them problems. RIght now Eli and NYG scare me alot more.

2-2 isn't half bad. I still think we can definately go 7-5 over the next 12 games.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
No worry the skins 3-0 not for long just wait it is not over yet. they will hit the wall soon

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Skins are playing with fire and it will catch up to them. It should have today.

RedskinsFanInTX

Reaction score
Great thread guys! If your cowboys were winning games the same way the Reskins are, the views would be alot different.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Washington will fall to Denver next week IMO, Then KC the next

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I guess we all have the another year of speculating about who our top ten pick will be in the draft.

jrockster77

Reaction score
RedskinsFanInTX said:
Great thread guys! If your cowboys were winning games the same way the Reskins are, the views would be alot different.

Man! Everyone seems to think they can swipe my sig!! I'm going to have to put jrockster77 on it somewhere next time!! Sheesh!

As far as the topic of discussion; the Skins are 3-0, end of story. I mean, you can say we're the worst 3-0 team in the history of the NFL all you want, but we're still 3-0.

The next two games are going to be very tough....the Donkeys in Denver and the Chiefs in Arrowhead. As far as you all saying that the Skins are actually a bad team, this mini road-trip will definitely show a lot about us as a team. I honestly think we can beat Denver, and I think we can be competitive against the Chiefs. Just one question, and this is a hypothetical, IF the Skins come out of this road-trip 5-0, or even 4-1, no matter how we won the games, what will you guys say then?

And remember, the 72 Dolphins is nowhere near the best team in the history of the NFL, even though they're the only ones to go undefeated. They got a lot of bounces go their way and played a very weak schedule. One could even argue that they were the worst undefeated team in the history of the NFL! ;)

30yrheel

Reaction score
Skins outplayed the Seahawks in the 1st half, but then they got totally outplayed in the 2nd half. Only a terrible interference call on Seattle on 3rd and long gave the Skins their 2nd TD. Then the stupid Seahawks failed to set up their kicker at the middle of the field, instead leaving him to kick from the left hashmark.

God, that pissed me off.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Man! Everyone seems to think they can swipe my sig!! I'm going to have to put jrockster77 on it somewhere next time!! Sheesh!

JR77,

Welcome to the CBZ (from an Eagles fan)! Everyone should be welcomed to any message board regardless of their franchise-fandom affiliation (trust me, there are exceptions to the rule under any circumstances). Nice looking sig name also.

Congratulations on yet another "skin of the teeth" victory! The Skins have nicely climbed their way to the top of the NFC-East standing. That's a good accomplishment, but how you got there and staying there are the key -- you've got your work cut out for you. But the same thing can be said for everyone else In the NFC-East.

The Skins have been very lucky in the last two games for sure. Some ...no many on this MB could extrapolate that the 1-point tweak victory was a giveaway present compliments of the Cowboys -- the argument to that is ..."a win is a win!" Yesterday's game could have been viewed by many as yet another giveaway game -- the argument to that is that Seattle made a huge mistake by not kicking that game-winning field goal; mistakes are a component of the game that must be reduced in order to enhance a team's chances of victory.

Alright so aside from being on the top of the mountain this week, how do you think your team will stay there.

Positives: Your defensive squad is good, and you've got momentum. Team spirit is also high. Potris is a factor, and Moss is a definite plus. I like how you guys move the ball when an opportunity presents itself, and you know how to strike from the end-zone.

Not So Positives: Your defensive squad has holes that weaken against the run and pass defense. Aside from the Cowboys (courtesy due to this MB) have you played a team that will smack the crap out of you and keep you down (rhectorical question)? Up to now, you've let teams stay around until they make mistakes that you capitolize on. While that's not a bad strategy, you're now entering that time in your schedule where that is Not going to be the deciding factor In winning the game. Basically, I strongly believe your luck is about to run out (now I could be wrong).

Rationale: Now your "BY" week has flown by! The rest is over. You play the Broncos, Chiefs and 49ers (in that order); only to pull the Giants after that. I'd say if you come out of that berrage of fire, you've earned the right to stay on top and you've eliminated the "luck" factor. I say that because not one of those teams are going to give you the game in a hand-basket! And the Giants are now considered the highest scoring team in the NFL!

Closing: You may very well may be for real, but you haven't proven it yet. With the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles, we've all tasted defeat and have shown "bounce-back" capability. How will the Skins handle their first defeat. And you're probably asking yourself ...that's a great position to be in right now." And that's a good point. But tweaking out victories, and relying on opponent teams to give you the game is not the roadmap to the playoffs.

Good hunting either way -- just don't want you to think that anyone In the NFC-East has bragging rights at this point. But seriously, here's how I see it -- talent-wise in the NFC-East right now ...

Eagles
Cowboys/Giants
Skins

Luck-wise

Skins
Giants
Eagles
Cowboys

Watch out for the Giants -- they've got a nice run game and a great air assault. They're downfall will be they're defense, and a strong defensive team.

Good hunting -- now come get some ...

dawkins2_050912.jpg

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
Jeez..... its not ALWAYS luck.

The Seahawks were lucky our first FG attempt was low, then blocked, then bounced to midfield, giving them an easy 15 yards, and a long FG for themselves.

Take that away, and there is the 3 points that let them catch up to 17 in the 4th.

Every year, every team has games were the ball just bounces their way. I doubt those who are screaming "luck" were doing that when we lost games to other teams that had events just like this.

Its the freaking NFL.

If the Cowboys didn't get LUCKY against San Diego with the 3rd down penalites against the Chargers that kept your offense on the field. You'd be looking at 1 win this season. Was it really luck? bad calls? all 100% legit? do you really care now? You got the win, and you started planning for the next week.

If Randel El didn't try some stupid lateral last week against the Patriots. They would have won that game also...and the Pat's would have 3 losses already this year. But, it happened...and the ball bounced in New England's favor.

What if that tipped ball in KC didn't land in LJ Smith's hands yesterday? 4th down and a FG instead of a TD.

What if that Brunell pass to Portis was tipped into the ground, instead of straight into the air? Then we might have gone to overtime either way.

A lot of "Luck" happens every game.

Get over it.