makes me sick

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
RoyWilliams said:
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

To be more exact ...

Luck is ..."Something that which happens when preparation meets opportunity."

People who are prepared, often experience a lot of "luck". For example, being in the right place at the right time with the right bait might be considered "lucky", but if you're in that place because you made a good decision or found a pattern during countless hours of pre-fishing, then you MADE your own "luck". And, while blind luck can produce an occasional big fish or good bag, the vast majority of checks go to fishermen who were prepared. So, skill (which includes preparation) trumps luck in my book!

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon
Good post I am with u here 100% the skins realy lucky so far ,as far the Eagles my hat to ur team they showed me why they still the team to beat I love my cowboys but Eagles and NY much better teams

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Wheat said:
Jeez..... its not ALWAYS luck.

The Seahawks were lucky our first FG attempt was low, then blocked, then bounced to midfield, giving them an easy 15 yards, and a long FG for themselves.

Take that away, and there is the 3 points that let them catch up to 17 in the 4th.

Every year, every team has games were the ball just bounces their way. I doubt those who are screaming "luck" were doing that when we lost games to other teams that had events just like this.

Its the freaking NFL.

If the Cowboys didn't get LUCKY against San Diego with the 3rd down penalites against the Chargers that kept your offense on the field. You'd be looking at 1 win this season. Was it really luck? bad calls? all 100% legit? do you really care now? You got the win, and you started planning for the next week.

If Randel El didn't try some stupid lateral last week against the Patriots. They would have won that game also...and the Pat's would have 3 losses already this year. But, it happened...and the ball bounced in New England's favor.

What if that tipped ball in KC didn't land in LJ Smith's hands yesterday? 4th down and a FG instead of a TD.

What if that Brunell pass to Portis was tipped into the ground, instead of straight into the air? Then we might have gone to overtime either way.

A lot of "Luck" happens every game.

Get over it.

Time to face facts fella. Phoenix was right on about his talent-wise, luck-wise assessment. Every NFL fan out there thinks the Commanders are a lucky team so far that hasn't proven anything. I talk football with friends who are Giants, Bears, Dolphins, Buccs and other team fans, and not a single one thinks the Commanders are for real yet, and not all of these fans are people with an anti-Skins agenda. Let's see the Skins play some more football before we pronounce them anything yet.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
hate hate hate.

I'll wait for you to start the "We should be 1-3, instead of 2-2" thread for Dallas.

San Diego without Gates, and those awful calls that kept your offense on the field when you were behind.

Coming back when San Fran (and awful team themselves) had a nice cushion.

Then a monday night choke....where its the only game you should have won.

I look forward to your new thread.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
DB.COOPER said:
Phoenix-TalonGood post I am with u here 100% the skins realy lucky so far ,as far the Eagles my hat to ur team they showed me why they still the team to beat I love my cowboys but Eagles and NY much better teams

I hear you and appreciate what you're saying, but it still may be a tad early to determine the true leaders in the NFC-East. As I've stated before, the COwboys have always played a strong defensive game against the Eagles. But you'll have your hands full for 60 minutes with this offensive team. I think the Giants are atanding out In front right now, but if we'er still healthy -- we'll have something for Mr Plaxico. I also would like to see the COwboys jump all over the giants too!

Good hunting.