Makin’ a list… checkin’ it twice…

Manster68

Reaction score
Hostile,

I know I am right. The game was played on Nov 9, 1980. It was about 26 months before the Minnesota finale of the 1982 season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
Hostile,

I know I am right. The game was played on Nov 9, 1980. It was about 26 months before the Minnesota finale of the 1982 season.
I believe you.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You do remember we lost that game right?

Prior to that loss Dallas had never lost a game that Tony D went for 100+ and I think only lost 3 in his entire career here.
True but that run is a top 5 run in the history of the league and the legacy of that game. Besides we balance that loss with the Hail Mary:)

I was a young kid and didn't die with wins and losses back then but that play was all I remembered all year. Everyone wanted to emulate that run, tip toeing up the sideline(edge of the grass by the concrete). It was that and running around behind the line of scrimmage setting up a deep throw a la Staubach.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jterrell said:
True but that run is a top 5 run in the history of the league and the legacy of that game. Besides we balance that loss with the Hail Mary:)

I was a young kid and didn't die with wins and losses back then but that play was all I remembered all year. Everyone wanted to emulate that run, tip toeing up the sideline(edge of the grass by the concrete). It was that and running around behind the line of scrimmage setting up a deep throw a la Staubach.
It still couldn't be a favorite game for me because the wrong team won.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Haley was absolutely crazy in general.
Teammates didn't talk to him.
He was scary intense.
He didnt do interviews because reporters were scared of them.

In the end tho, he did his job here.

In San Fran the stuff he did to get traded is legendary to the point it was copied in some movies.

He did detail a fairly serious addiction to painkillers in his book, All the Rage.

I'm not getting the dislike for Haley, personally anyway. I met the guy at an autograph session. While he was very serious (never cracked a smile) he was decent with the fans, even gave the girl in front of me a kiss on the cheek for a picture. At the time I believe his daughter was very ill, so maybe that was why he was a little quiet however, he conducted himself like a gentlemen.

He also was the last piece of the puzzle, helping us to win a Super Bowl. Great D-Lineman....I'll take 10 more like him.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
Maybe, but he was the jackass that proved to be the final piece of our championship puzzle.

........................amen.

Manster68

Reaction score
Fifteen Favorite Cowboy Postseason Victories
1. Super Bowl XXVII (Dallas 52 Bill 17)
2. Super Bowl XII (Dallas 27 Denver 10)
3. 1993 NFC Championship Game (Dallas 38 SF 21)
4. 1992 NFC Championship Game (Dallas 30 SF 20)
5. Super Bowl XXVIII (Dallas 30 Bill 13)
6. 1992 NFC Divisional Playoff (Dallas 34 Philly 10)
7. Super Bowl VI (Dallas 24 Miami 3)
8. 1981 NFC Divisional Playoff (Dallas 38 TB 0)
9. 1975 NFC Divisional Playoff (Dallas 17 Minn 14)
10. 1975 NFC Championship Game (Dallas 37 Rams 7)
11. 1977 NFC Divisional Playoff (Dallas 37 Chicago 7)
12. 1980 Divisional Playoff (Dallas 30 Atlanta 27)
13. 1972 Divisional Playoff (Dallas 30 SF 28)
14. 1973 Divisional Playoff (Dallas 27 Rams 16)
15. 1995 Divisonal Playoff (Dallas 30 Philly 11)

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
mperfection said:
How in the world can anyone who calls himself a "true" Cowboys fan not like Charles Haley? In my opinion (and this opinion can be greatly substantiated by statistical results from the '92 defense), Charles Haley was the final piece of the Super Bowl puzzle in 1992. No Charles Haley in '92 - no Super Bowl in January '93. Period!

I agree that he was the final piece to the Cowboys defense in the 90s, and I guess everybody has their right to who they dislike, but during the time period, I loved to see him wipe out QBs.

Didn't he retire and unretire about 65 times too?

... :laugh2:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Ahh, thanks JT.

Just your ordinary, run-of-the-mill, everyday, personality-challenged great defensive lineman.

if your sig definition is right, you'd need a whole other hard drive for that sig alone... ;)