Making a Murderer

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's the biggest problem with things like this. They're bias and slanted toward the side the people doing the documentary want it to be.

I don't know if the guy is innocent or guilty. I do know that it's entirely possible that they falsely accused him and screwed him. That's always a possibility with our judicial system.

I also know I don't need a bias documentary series to show me that and I don't need their bias documentary to try and sway my opinion of the situation because they're too gutless, or scared, to show both sides. If you're truly interested in the truth you present all the facts, from both sides, and let people decide.

When you heavily slant to one side you've shown right away that truth and knowledge are not at all part of your agenda.

I like most of what you are saying. The only thing I would counter you on is to say show me a judicial system in existence today that works better. Yes our's is flawed but when it is exercised properly, it is the fairest legal system on the planet.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
That's the biggest problem with things like this. They're bias and slanted toward the side the people doing the documentary want it to be.

I don't know if the guy is innocent or guilty. I do know that it's entirely possible that they falsely accused him and screwed him. That's always a possibility with our judicial system.

I also know I don't need a bias documentary series to show me that and I don't need their bias documentary to try and sway my opinion of the situation because they're too gutless, or scared, to show both sides. If you're truly interested in the truth you present all the facts, from both sides, and let people decide.

When you heavily slant to one side you've shown right away that truth and knowledge are not at all part of your agenda.

Read up on the two that did the show. They said that it wasn't biased in any direction. Now you can choose to believe them or not, but it wasn't produced in a manner to be supportive of Avery.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read up on the two that did the show. They said that it wasn't biased in any direction. Now you can choose to believe them or not, but it wasn't produced in a manner to be supportive of Avery.

I have not seen it, looks like I might be the only one who has not, but normally most documentaries are slanted one way or the other. Pretty rare to see one go straight down the middle with no bias and let the viewer decide on their own. Not saying that is the case here, maybe it is...just that it is kind of rare even if the makers of the documentaries claim otherwise.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Would you want the mannitowac officers to make you disappear? Ya...i dont blame them.

So we don't know who the juror is but we know for sure they still live in that county?

When people make these claims of people coming forward but there is no actual evidence of these people coming forward I have no choice but to lean toward the idea that more then likely they haven't come forward.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

I've seen the show. I don't agree.

They can say whatever they like about how it wasn't but it's clear watching the show that is not true.

It's pretty interesting though and I do think everyone should check it out. It'll give you things to think about and questions to ask and discuss.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I like most of what you are saying. The only thing I would counter you on is to say show me a judicial system in existence today that works better. Yes our's is flawed but when it is exercised properly, it is the fairest legal system on the planet.

Not debating that at all.

I think in general it gets it right.

But I do realize that there is potential for it to be abused, and misused, and it has in fact been abused and misused before.

But I'm not saying it's the worst system ever or that there are tons better out there. But it's tainted by the human element and therefor it can never work perfectly.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
another good point to keep in mind

prosecution vs. defense....where are the upstanding citizens today?

Jerome Buting...upstanding
Dean Strang...upstanding
Ken Kratz....fired, sexual harassment, drug abuse, rehab.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
another good point to keep in mind

prosecution vs. defense....where are the upstanding citizens today?

Jerome Buting...upstanding
Dean Strang...upstanding
Ken Kratz....fired, sexual harassment, drug abuse, rehab.

That means nothing... really, absolutely nothing.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Corruption always means something.

Like when corrupt Kratz had two people convicted for a crime by saying it happened two different ways.

He's a liar and only out for himself.

If you want to stop all attorneys from practicing that have "issues"...

Well you know the story...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've seen the show. I don't agree.

They can say whatever they like about how it wasn't but it's clear watching the show that is not true.

It's pretty interesting though and I do think everyone should check it out. It'll give you things to think about and questions to ask and discuss.

I agree with you but they did do a good job of giving the prosecutions side as well.

I feel like we did get 95% of the prosecutions story.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I know I'm 15 pages late to the party here and I didn't see the Netflix deal but I did watch the story on the ID channel. On the ID story they mentioned things they said were not covered on the Netflix deal. Avery blocked his cell # on both calls to the girl when she was on her way to his place but didn't when he called again after she was supposedly dead. why?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I know I'm 15 pages late to the party here and I didn't see the Netflix deal but I did watch the story on the ID channel. On the ID story they mentioned things they said were not covered on the Netflix deal. Avery blocked his cell # on both calls to the girl when she was on her way to his place but didn't when he called again after she was supposedly dead. why?

they did mention this to a degree. they said he *69d to call her back a few times but after she was "dead" he called directly and hung up.

there's so much crap on both sides and now what will happen is one thing i hate - trial by media and tv. i watched 3-4 shows and moved on. it was like redneck hell at times and when they were putting words in the kids mouth it was insane. got tired of trying to figure out if this was a slant or a story.

kinda like "hunting hitler" and how careful they are to go into the water outside his argentina bungalow so not to cause a disturbance but how many people then get the benefit of the shot of him IN the water - ie, camera already there.