Making the Playoffs Could Hurt

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
It is likely the Cowboys make the playoffs as the winner of the NFC Least but doubt they go far. I think JG is still let go of short of an NFC championship game. While the Cowboys are messing around that will put them a week behind starting the hunt for a new head coach. It will also put us deeper in the draft. I’ll never want the Eagles to win or the Cowboys to lose but it sure would help things if Eagles went on a winning streak and Cowboys lost a few.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Agreed. I'd rather go ahead and tank. Get JG booted out ASAP and get a better draft pick. What are we playing to win for? Pride? stats? There's no purpose. Superbowl is out of the picture. Might as well get something out of losing right now.
Agreed. Unfortuantely it looks like no one wants to win the division so where picking in the 20s regardless of the rest of the schedule :(

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you should play your best to win. The idea of tanking just for....whatever....just rubs me wrong. I guess it's a personal philosophy, a work ethic. Even if th eboss told me..."you tank this project" I'd have trouble knowing exactly HOW to do that. o_O

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It is likely the Cowboys make the playoffs as the winner of the NFC Least but doubt they go far. I think JG is still let go of short of an NFC championship game. While the Cowboys are messing around that will put them a week behind starting the hunt for a new head coach. It will also put us deeper in the draft. I’ll never want the Eagles to win or the Cowboys to lose but it sure would help things if Eagles went on a winning streak and Cowboys lost a few.
This is a dumb way to think about your favorite team. Not wanting to win o get a better draft pick.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Cowboys have made the playoffs 8 times since 2000. They have three wildcard wins and one sequence of back to back playoff appearances. I’m not giving up playoffs. They happen too rarely lately.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Watch us lose the NFC Championship by 3 points and Garrett get 5 year extension.