Malcolm Kelly holding another workout - Apr. 16

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
http://www.ktbb.com/nfldraft/

KTBB Sports has learned OU wide receiver Malcolm Kelly will hold another workout on Sunday, April 13th, in Atlanta, under the direction of former Green Bay Packers receiver Boyd Dowler. Apparently Pro Scouts will not be able to attend, but Dowler will be sending the video and information to all 32 NFL teams and various media outlets.

This coming on the heels of a tumultous workout in Norman on Wednesday.

David Smoak
----------------------------

If he runs just as slow then he kills his draft stock. I think this is a bad idea.

superpunk

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2031236 said:
Apparently Pro Scouts will not be able to attend, but Dowler will be sending the video and information to all 32 NFL teams and various media outlets.

el-oh-el

This is defcon-18. We'll hold a workout, and then just tell you how we did.

ndanger

Reaction score
superpunk;2031238 said:
el-oh-el

This is defcon-18. We'll hold a workout, and then just tell you how we did.

The kid needs to surround himself with better people.Jeez man let his work speak for itself.It's not like he wasn't productive and doesn't have talent.I can't see NFL execs. looking at any of this and thinking , man I gotta get this guy.What a shame.

ddh33

Reaction score
I hope that means that pro scouts will be busy doing other things and not be able to adjust their schedules to attend this workout. I doubt they are locking the doors of the facility. At least, I hope not.

I do think Kelly is better than he showed yesterday, and the fact that he is wanting to do another workout should tell a lot of people that he thinks he is too.

Aven8

Reaction score
I need a re-do! "Malcolm Kelly don't run on that kind of turf. Malcolm only run on this kind of turf." lol
Sounds like the kind of turf he will be running on will be the "carpet turf" from his mother's living room when he is watching round two end and the phone still hasn't rang!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I suggest he just submit his Nintendo Track & Field time. Perhaps he can cheat and get on his knees and hit the pad with his hands.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2031236 said:

KTBB Sports has learned OU wide receiver Malcolm Kelly will hold another workout on Sunday, April 13th, in Atlanta, under the direction of former Green Bay Packers receiver Boyd Dowler. Apparently Pro Scouts will not be able to attend, but Dowler will be sending the video and information to all 32 NFL teams and various media outlets.

David Smoak

If he runs just as slow then he kills his draft stock. I think this is a bad idea.

MK is obviously getting some very bad advice. Maybe he went and asked him mom and dad? Freakin bad parents.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dallas;2031300 said:
MK is obviously getting some very bad advice. Maybe he went and asked him mom and dad? Freakin bad parents.
Maybe he's just dumb.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theogt;2031301 said:
Maybe he's just dumb.

Maybe he should just stop right now and play pretend football in his latest mocks of the upcoming NFL draft? ;)

They couldn't be as bad as most Ive seen. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If I'm in Kelly Shoe I would be running another 40 as well and offer to do so at any facility when making visits with the different teams.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2031319 said:
If I'm in Kelly Shoe I would be running another 40 as well and offer to do so at any facility when making visits with the different teams.

I wouldn't run another 40 at all. Anywhere. I would just let things lay and prepare for the draft.

I might come out and appologize for acting an *** at my Pro Day yesterday. That is about the least of it, if I were him.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
This kid just complains. He should be willing to run anywhere and try to make up for his lapses in character. He does not seem mentally tough enough to me to play in big games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas;2031323 said:
I wouldn't run another 40 at all. Anywhere. I would just let things lay and prepare for the draft.

I might come out and appologize for acting an *** at my Pro Day yesterday. That is about the least of it, if I were him.

Why if you know you ran a bad 40 and knew you could do better you wouldn't? Sorry I would I would do anything to erase a bad situation. I agree he should be apologetic for his blowing up but as I said if I'm in his shoes I go back and try and improve my time. Doing that is not going to hurt him at this stage and putting up a better number could help him

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2031236 said:
I don't think he'll run as slow as he did the other day. He wouldn't be doing this if there was a good chance of that. Problem is, though, the overall outcome might be the same. He'll likely run on astro turf, and any results will be adjusted by scouts...meaning if he runs a 4.58 or whatever on fast turf, it probably won't do him much good.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
The Dodger;2031336 said:
I don't think he'll run as slow as he did the other day. He wouldn't be doing this if there was a good chance of that. Problem is, though, the overall outcome might be the same. He'll likely run on astro turf, and any results will be adjusted by scouts...meaning if he runs a 4.58 or whatever on fast turf, it probably won't do him much good.

It really depends. If he runs on a regulary NFL field and has the proper gear to run in, then I think he can help his 40.

By a huge margin? I don't think so. I think he can run a legit 4.4-4.5 though.

But at the end of the day. This is Football and not Track and Field like some folks want you to believe. ;)

MK put on about 15 lbs of muscle since the last I saw him. That has to impact his speed some. He never played at 220+ before.

He's what? 227 now?

FCBarca

Reaction score
There are questions about a Sooner player's speed????...Impossible

williams-thorpe-2001.jpg

:rolleyes:

FCBarca

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2031236 said:

David Smoak

There are rumours that John Woo will be helping prep the footage to be distributed to all 32 NFL teams.

140675432_fbc303cf75.jpg

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Just digging himself a bigger hole by the day.

Who has ever heard of a workout where scouts CANNOT attend. So stupid I can't even imagine a single scout who would take it seriously.

Basically, Kelly is going to be given infinite chances to do each drill and pick the best looking one to add to the tape. This is almost as bad as people scouting through YouTube.