Malcolm Kelly holding another workout - Apr. 16

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;2031459 said:
Just digging himself a bigger hole by the day.

Who has ever heard of a workout where scouts CANNOT attend. So stupid I can't even imagine a single scout who would take it seriously.

Basically, Kelly is going to be given infinite chances to do each drill and pick the best looking one to add to the tape. This is almost as bad as people scouting through YouTube.

I don't think he's barring them, but rather they have other obligations already.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
superpunk;2031238 said:
el-oh-el

This is defcon-18. We'll hold a workout, and then just tell you how we did.
I'm sure Malcolm Kelly will run a 4.19 forty, have a 51 inch vertical, and a 18 foot broad jump before this is over with....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2031236 said:
KTBB Sports has learned OU wide receiver Malcolm Kelly will hold another workout on Sunday, April 13th, in Atlanta, under the direction of former Green Bay Packers receiver Boyd Dowler. Apparently Pro Scouts will not be able to attend, but Dowler will be sending the video and information to all 32 NFL teams and various media outlets.
KELLYCOVER.jpg

a Boyd Dowler production

Bill Parcells of the Miami Dolphins raves, “Jake Long who? That guy’s fast.
Is he from Jersey and can he play tight end?”

Isaiah Stanback of the Dallas Cowboys writes, “Well, he certainly smoked my 4.58.”

On sale April 14

Free preview of Kelly’s makeup 40-timeà http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4DzSlQtfes

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
DallasEast;2031675 said:
KELLYCOVER.jpg

a Boyd Dowler production

Bill Parcells of the Miami Dolphins raves, “Jake Long who? That guy’s fast.
Is he from Jersey and can he play tight end?”

Isaiah Stanback of the Dallas Cowboys writes, “Well, he certainly smoked my 4.58.”

On sale April 14

Free preview of Kelly’s makeup 40-timeà http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4DzSlQtfes
lol lol

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KELLY WILL RUN FOR SCOUTS ON APRIL 16
Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2008, 3:23 p.m.
Well, I’m in the awkward position of having to contradict something that was posted by MDS while I was tending to other non-PFT business (I had Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, and Scrubs on DVR). But since MDS was merely repeating something that was posted elsewhere, I don’t feel so bad about it.

Anyway, agent Chad Speck says that the report that receiver Malcolm Kelly will run the 40-yard dash in Atlanta on Sunday without scouts present is flat-out wrong. Instead, Speck says that Kelly will run again, for scouts, on April 16 in Oklahoma.

Kelly will run on the Astroturf surface on which he’d been preparing to run before this week’s Pro Day workout, during which he ultimately ran on FieldTurf. Though Kelly presumably realizes that scouts will add time to his outcome on the faster surface, there’s a chance that, even with added time, his final number will come out faster on the surface on which he feels more comfortable.

The fact that Kelly is running again at Oklahoma suggests that an effort has been made between the player and the program to mend fences. Even though it wasn’t wise for Kelly to bad-mouth his school, it’s also not good for Oklahoma to be perceived as unfriendly to the pro prospects of its recruits, or its recruits will end up going elsewhere.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2032351 said:
KELLY WILL RUN FOR SCOUTS ON APRIL 16
Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2008, 3:23 p.m.
Well, I’m in the awkward position of having to contradict something that was posted by MDS while I was tending to other non-PFT business (I had Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, and Scrubs on DVR). But since MDS was merely repeating something that was posted elsewhere, I don’t feel so bad about it.

Anyway, agent Chad Speck says that the report that receiver Malcolm Kelly will run the 40-yard dash in Atlanta on Sunday without scouts present is flat-out wrong. Instead, Speck says that Kelly will run again, for scouts, on April 16 in Oklahoma.

Kelly will run on the Astroturf surface on which he’d been preparing to run before this week’s Pro Day workout, during which he ultimately ran on FieldTurf. Though Kelly presumably realizes that scouts will add time to his outcome on the faster surface, there’s a chance that, even with added time, his final number will come out faster on the surface on which he feels more comfortable.

The fact that Kelly is running again at Oklahoma suggests that an effort has been made between the player and the program to mend fences. Even though it wasn’t wise for Kelly to bad-mouth his school, it’s also not good for Oklahoma to be perceived as unfriendly to the pro prospects of its recruits, or its recruits will end up going elsewhere.

Nice.

I hate the Sooners more than anything and I hope this hurts their recruiting.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Somebody stop this kid. This is beyond ridiculous.

What's next? He runs a 4.9 and then shoots the stop-watch guy, sues the shoe manufacturer and then douses himself with gasoline and strikes a match?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I hope, at the end of the day, that the kid has a great career, no matter who he winds up with, just so he can laugh in the face of all the people who assumed he couldn't play ball.

Not saying that will actually happen, just hoping it will, cause I actually like Kelly.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CATCH17;2032353 said:
Nice.

I hate the Sooners more than anything and I hope this hurts their recruiting.

Now why would you go and say a mean thing like that? I am no fan of Tejas but I certainly enjoy seeing them stomp the crap out of other teams when it's not Oklahoma.

It probably galls you moreso because they recruit so hard in Texas and get some pretty darn good players from there.

The Big 12 belongs to Texas and Oklahoma. :laugh1:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dallas;2032399 said:
Now why would you go and say a mean thing like that? I am no fan of Tejas but I certainly enjoy seeing them stomp the crap out of other teams when it's not Oklahoma.

It probably galls you moreso because they recruit so hard in Texas and get some pretty darn good players from there.

The Big 12 belongs to Texas and Oklahoma. :laugh1:

CATCH17 is from (and lives in) Oklahoma, I believe.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rack;2032437 said:
CATCH17 is from (and lives in) Oklahoma, I believe.

Correct

I dont really have a favorite College team but I am a huge fan of college football.

Basically my favorite team is who ever OU plays.

I grew up loving the Cornhuskers but when they switched from the option attack to Callahans west coast offense it made me want to barf.

My dad is a big Longhorn / Cowboy fan and hes the one who got me into Cowboy Football.

He never really told me to hate the Sooners though. I guess it was just in my blood.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CATCH17;2032446 said:
He never really told me to hate the Sooners though. I guess it was just in my blood.

aight- aight....

Its on like
dk_beat.jpg
now suckah!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas;2032458 said:
aight- aight....

Its on like
dk_beat.jpg
now suckah!

Hey at least im honest about their players though.

I care more about the Cowboys so if I see a talented player I think can help us i'll give an honest evaluation.

I cheered for Limas Sweed a lot harder than I ever cheered for Malcom Kelly but its obvious who is the better receiver of the 2.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Kelly is a West-Coast reciever, he isn't going to be that fast regardless. He is probably going to be more like Dwayne Bowe or D.J. Hackett than anything else.

Sure his slower times hurt his draft stock some, but I still think he is going to be a good player. That being said, I wouldn't want him on the Cowboys. We don't need anymore largebodied recievers, we have plenty of those guys in TO, Witten, Stanback, Hurd, Austin. We need some speed to keep the secondary honest and away from the line of scrimmage more than they already are since Marion Barber really isn't a home-run threat in terms of speed and outside of TO we don't have that element.