Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;2039128 said:
Lindy's rates Malcolm Kelly #3, and Sweed, #5

which stash conveniently forgets to note

OK, I didn't know that was asked.

And PFW Draft Annual rates Sweed at #2 and Kelly at #3 if anyone is interested.

Sorry I forgot to mention that too.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2039138 said:
OK, I didn't know that was asked.

And PFW Draft Annual rates Sweed at #2 and Kelly at #3 if anyone is interested.

Sorry I forgot to mention that too.

yeah, but you pulled your quotes out of Lindy, which gives Kelly a higher ranking

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;2039120 said:
To support your argument. I would expect nothing less.

BTW: All of this information I was talking about regarding Sweed was coming from the LongHorn boards. Not NFL.COM

Yeah, I tend to value scout information more than message board stuff.

Then I try to gather enough information to make up my own mind.

But then that's me.

I don't have a team allegiance here one way or the other.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;2039140 said:
yeah, but you pulled your quotes out of Lindy, which gives Kelly a higher ranking

that doesn't help your argument much

I think it does. I didn't see the same criticisms regarding Sweed in either one.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2039144 said:
I think it does. I didn't see the same criticisms regarding Sweed in either one.

it doesn't really matter to me, I just found it funny that he still possesses a higher ranking despite that

I wouldn't have used it

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2039085 said:
is this the Red River Shootout?

Nay. Not nearly enough saw dust or blood on the floor. Me thinks it's just another pre draft squabble.

:)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;2039155 said:
it doesn't really matter to me, I just found it funny that he still possesses a higher ranking despite that

I wouldn't have used it

Did you happen to find or pick up ESPN's draft annual for this year?

I've been looking around for it and can't find it.

I was wondering if it was worth looking for.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2039156 said:
Nay. Not nearly enough saw dust or blood on the floor. Me thinks it's just another pre draft squabble.

:)

could be, oh father of dumb one :laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2039163 said:
Did you happen to find or pick up ESPN's draft annual for this year?

I've been looking around for it and can't find it.

I was wondering if it was worth looking for.

it's ESPN, dude, I wouldn't pick it up

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;2039167 said:
it's ESPN, dude, I wouldn't pick it up

True, but I thought last year's was better than Sporting News'.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
TheCount;2039137 said:
It's not about knowing or not knowing, we're talking about draft position here. As I've said, MK could be productive, he could be a star, or he might not be.

What I'm arguing is draft position and value. I'm not saying his 40 times makes him a sure bust, but it has to adjust his draft position.

Just like Sweed's lapses and injury have adjusted his, just like Desean's size has adjusted his and just like Mario's lack of size without top speed has.

From 11 to Buffalo to us at 28, according to mocks, would be just such an adjustment. To the 2nd round would be a pretty big adjustment as well, and not complete invalid. I'm just saying it's justified, you can't ignore it.

Unlike ABQ however, I don't think he makes it out of the second unless something else happens. His attitude over his first 40 run certainly didn't help him either, so who knows, but I don't see how he makes it out of the 2nd when he was formerly a top 15 prospect.

Of course it effects his draft position. My initial reactions were to all the people I've seen around here who just automatically seem to think they know that he's gonna fall all the way out of the first two rounds and that he's not going to be a good pro cause he didn't run a 4.5 forty time.

That's all. :)

QT

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2039010 said:
But, to be fair, had Sharpe been able to play his entire career, he probably would have ended up as one of the very best WRs of all time. No joke. Sharpe, IMO, was the best WR in football when he was in Green Bay. As for Tim Brown, well, he's 2nd all-time in receptions, 3rd all-time in yards and 6th all time in TDs in NFL History.

That might have been the best draft for WRs ever. Anthoney Miller was a heck of a WR, Wendell Davis and Aaron Cox never really worked out but in addition to those 6 WRs taken in the first round, Flipper Anderson, Brian Blades, Brett Perriman and Quinn Early were all taken within the first 60 selections of that draft. Mike Haynes was taken at the top of the 7th by Atlanta and he was a pretty decent WR as well. No shame in being the 3rd WR off the board in that class. There were some pretty good WRs that year.

I also agree. Sterling Sharpe was one of my favorite WRs when he played. I went out an bought his rookie card his second or third year in the league.

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't think ESPN did a draft mag this year. I think all of their stuff was on-line. I think McShay said that print was a dinosaur...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas;2039104 said:
Odd. I heard the exact opposite about Sweed. He wasn't a good route runner and folks said he wasn't an all out 100% giver during games.

Taking plays off so to speak.

Kelly is better than Sweed and anyone who disagrees needs to watch more College football.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas;2039120 said:
To support your argument. I would expect nothing less.

BTW: All of this information I was talking about regarding Sweed was coming from the LongHorn boards. Not NFL.COM

Dallas, I don't know what longhorn board you saw those quotes on. Some of those analyst are definately true, but some really leave me scratching my head.

Sweed definately is still a raw route runner, infact he still struggles running the patterns between the numbers. His hands are definately a question mark as well. He always struggled to make some of the easy catches. However, the one about not giving 100% when the play is not going his direction is flat absurd. Sweed is one of the best blocking WR's that UT had, and he consistently gave 110% on every play. And improved every year.

My biggest issue with Sweed and while I am a UT fan, I would NOT want Dallas to draft Sweed before the middle part of round 2, because he is a guy who never played as good as his "physical skills" suggested that he should play.

He honestly reminds me a WHOLE WHOLE lot of Alvin Harper. A big WR who is at his best stretching the field. And also a guy who if lined up next to a true #1 type WR will look like a future #1 WR in the making, but as soon as he is given his chance to be the real #1, he will disappoint.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
BlueStar II;2039243 said:
How true...how true.

I doubt it.... Kelly is the ONE WR in this draft I wouldn't mind Dallas drafting at #28.....

And I HATE OU.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2039210 said:
Kelly is better than Sweed and anyone who disagrees needs to watch more College football.

Yeah, heaven forbid people form their own opinions which differ from yours!

:rolleyes:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
stasheroo;2039259 said:
Yeah, heaven forbid people form their own opinions which differ from yours!

:rolleyes:

Ask the Horn fans? That is always an option. ;)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
SMCowboy;2039254 said:
I doubt it.... Kelly is the ONE WR in this draft I wouldn't mind Dallas drafting at #28.....

And I HATE OU.....

I feel the same way and I hate OU more than you do ;)

Nice post btw about Sweed.