Malcolm Kelly's Private Pro Day Results

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
NickZepp;2038294 said:
I don't care what his 40 time is. That's overrated. The guy is a baller and whoever gets him will get a great player.

Ha Nick. You are going to tick off everybody now. Prepare yourself Sooner!

:cool:

NickZepp

Reaction score
Here's a few names that weren't really that fast.

Steve Largent-hall fo famer was about a 4.6 guy
Jerry Rice was probably around a 4.7 40 type guy
Emmitt Smith probably never really ran much over 4.5 or 4.6 range.

I could probably go on with more. 40 times are way overrated.

Reaction score
NickZepp;2038308 said:

Yeah but wer'e talking about OU here, since when have they produced a truly great WR???

Officially Jerry Rice ran 4.5 in college.

NickZepp;2038310 said:
Michael Irvin was probably about a 4.6 guy.

Michael Irvin was a 4.4 guy coming out of college...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas;2038280 said:
I will bet you a 6 month hiateous from this forum, he doesn't make it out of the 2nd round.

Care to cover? ABQ? Anyone?

Well Dallas, as I am a MOD on this board and as such, have a certain responsability to, Ohhhh........... I don't know, be here, I can't take up such a bet. However, having said that, I'm very doubtful he goes in the second round.

Besides, you have talked so much about this player that it if he didn't go in the 2nd round, it would probably be a good thing for you if you were not around for the abuse. :D

If he gets drafted by a WC team, he might go higher but I don't see him going in the 2nd. I hope he does, for your sake, but I don't think he will.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
NickZepp;2038294 said:
I don't care what his 40 time is. That's overrated. The guy is a baller and whoever gets him will get a great player.
Baller? Really? He wasn't even the most productive receiver on his team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;2038280 said:
I will bet you a 6 month hiateous from this forum, he doesn't make it out of the 2nd round.

Care to cover? ABQ? Anyone?

Wait a minute.

I thought the bet was that he wouldn't make it out of the first?

When did that deal change?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
NickZepp;2038308 said:

Anquan Boldin, a guy who many of us would like.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2038364 said:
Well Dallas, as I am a MOD on this board and as such, have a certain responsability to, Ohhhh........... I don't know, be here, I can't take up such a bet. However, having said that, I'm very doubtful he goes in the second round.

Besides, you have talked so much about this player that it if he didn't go in the 2nd round, it would probably be a good thing for you if you were not around for the abuse. :D

If he gets drafted by a WC team, he might go higher but I don't see him going in the 2nd. I hope he does, for your sake, but I don't think he will.

Weak excuse ABQ. :D

Where would the site be w/o you? ;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
NickZepp;2038308 said:

Let's go ahead and list all the 4.7 guys that didn't work out.

Actually, I'd like to see the number of guys that ran in the 4.7s and were the 2nd most productive receiver on their college team.

How many guys in that category turned into NFL-caliber receivers?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
theogt;2038489 said:
Let's go ahead and list all the 4.7 guys that didn't work out.

Actually, I'd like to see the number of guys that ran in the 4.7s and were the 2nd most productive receiver on their college team.

How many guys in that category turned into NFL-caliber receivers?

I was thinking the same thing but didn't care to post it because I didn't think it would change people's minds.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
ajk23az;2037782 said:
Running on Astroturf at his private Pro Day Wednesday, Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly ran only a 4.65 in the forty-yard dash.
A lot of good all that complaining did. Kelly improved just .03 on his best time on FieldTurf. He may have a hard time going in the top 40-50 picks now.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

4.65???

Good lord, after his temper tantrum he puts up almost the same numbers.

Wow, kiss 1st round goodbye.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I think he'll get picked in the 2nd, I just don't think he's be a superstar like some are predicting.

After all those pages of people making excuse for his 40 time though, I find it funny none of you are willing to eat crow on the excuses you made for him. Instead you're still displaying that misplaced bravado.

The only thing you have on your side right now is that a lot of people are simply wrong on prospects, and by next year, everyone will be so into the next group of rookies they won't care that you were dense enough to defend a guy like he was your first born instead of admitting there was a chance he could be a flop.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheCount;2038577 said:
I think he'll get picked in the 2nd, I just don't think he's be a superstar like some are predicting.

After all those pages of people making excuse for his 40 time though, I find it funny none of you are willing to eat crow on the excuses you made for him. Instead you're still displaying that misplaced bravado.

The only thing you have on your side right now is that a lot of people are simply wrong on prospects, and by next year, everyone will be so into the next group of rookies they won't care that you were dense enough to defend a guy like he was your first born instead of admitting there was a chance he could be a flop.

I dont know if he'll be a superstar or not. I just know he would make us a better team.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2038686 said:
I dont know if he'll be a superstar or not. I just know he would make us a better team.
How? Sitting on the bench? He wouldn't play ahead of Crayton. Or probably even Stanback if he's half as good as his hype.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas;2038482 said:
Weak excuse ABQ. :D

Where would the site be w/o you? ;)

It is a matter of perspective Dallas. Nothing, at all to be gained by participating in this bet. If I win (which I'm almost certain I would ;) ), I only succeed in having a member of our board excluded from attendance. This is really not the goal, even for OU fans :D . I don't want you gone, I want you here as a forum member. Nothing to be gained by you being gone for 6 months.

While I'm sure this board would go on without me, I would never make a bet that I could not honor. I can not be gone for 6 months. No real way around that singular fact.

Better luck next time. ;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
From what I read, on either ESPN or NFL.com it's reported that he ran a 4.45 but that the three teams reps that were there adjusted the time for what they felt was a faster surface.

I'll go find that link later, unless it's already been shown on one of these seven pages I didn't read. :)