Malcom Brown on the Trade Block

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't think a 6th is that far off. Teams know he's probably going to be released anyway.

I think the value in trading for him though is to make the trade for a late pick and then extending him. By doing that, you'd be able to get rid of most of his 2020 cap hit.

But with extending him, i'd prefer to have to address that after he gives me a show it all year.
I'd have to be convinced he is a fit here and will be well worth the talk of possible extension. Just means to protect myself in case.

visionary

Reaction score
bridgewater, a very average QB got 21M, tannehill, slightly above average got 29.5, Foles, a back up got 8M, Fitzpatrick got 5.5, he is on his 7th or is it 8th team...

watson got 40M average, Wilson is about 36M (signed three years ago?), goff, wentz about 33M, two years ago, alex smith 23.5M, grapolo got 27.5 two years ago, tyrod taylor got 11M.

seems that average QB salaries for average QBs is about 20M or more....the upper echelon is 33+, and top 10 this year is in 40s....

Dalton got 3M and that was too much for him.

sounds about where the market is......

At some point don’t you feel totally embarrassed at what you post to contort yourself to try and prop up a mediocre QB?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
yup refers to daks situation as one of the last starters left and hes not a first rounder. And next? refers to qb market and situation where dak might not get his money given all the cuts and trads to qbs like him..

And my thread that your spending all your time in refers to a potential fit in FA at a position of need.

Thanks for playing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And my thread that your spending all your time in refers to a potential fit in FA at a position of need.

Thanks for playing.
not even on the DC radar when it is we can discuss it..this is NFL News not FA DC News, you have it backwards every player released seems to make the Zone main page and that ridiculous. Clutter! discus it all you want on the other 17 other areas of the zone the mods created..win win

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
not even on the DC radar when it is we can discuss it..this is NFL News not FA DC News, you have it backwards every player released seems to make the Zone main page and that ridiculous. Clutter! discus it all you want on the other 17 other areas of the zone the mods created..win win

How about I'll do what ever I want Mr. wanna-be-mod.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
But with extending him, i'd prefer to have to address that after he gives me a show it all year.
I'd have to be convinced he is a fit here and will be well worth the talk of possible extension. Just means to protect myself in case.
It only has to be a 1- or 2-year extension so it wouldn't really be prohibitive to cut him next year

Carson

Reaction score
I’d trade a 5th for him, sign Bashaud Breeland (played for dirt cheap the previous two seasons) and then go sign LB Nicholas Murrow. Boom defense fixed on all three levels for under $10 million

kskboys

Reaction score
Brown is the type of player you want on your team, but only at a reasonable salary. More than 3-4 mil, nope.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
and ill continue to push the narrative to clean the clutter..sad mo
ds have to post stickys above to remind adults where to post and what to post where..:rolleyes:o_O

maybe this will help

NFL Zone | Dallas Cowboys Forum - CowboysZone.com

Keep acting like you didn't post about Chris Johnson in the fan zone, or below which is also should be in NFL zone, clown.
before FA is over, before the draft and this shot is called, seriously, the Eagles..lmao

Flamma

Reaction score
/You know though.....what is a honest offer I'm kind of confused here lol.....he's not a elite DT.....but he's very good.....how much do I have to trade to get that type of player? 5th Rounder?

I love the term honest offer. I'll give you 1 dollar for your corvette. I'm being honest.

Pape

Reaction score
why does no one want him?That may be a red flag.

he's an okay player... decent run stuffer, but hes not going to dominate on the line... i'd bring him back to New England for 3m a year...

As to why -

- no one traded for him because everyone knew he would be cut by the saints due to their cap situation...

- With the reduced cap, teams are waiting to see who shakes loose... there will be talent available this year... so why fill a hole with a good player when exercising a little patience may net you a bigger fish...