Malcom Kelly will still be good IMO

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;2029928 said:
Dang thats crazy then. I can't believe he was still a top 5 pick because you almost have to be perfect.

Fitz is the man though for sure.
Dude was an absolute beast in college and put up close to 1700 yards. That's why the comparison to Kelly is completely off-base. If Kelly had put up that kind of production with a mediocre QB, he'd be a top 10 pick despite his time. He didn't so, he isn't.

Shady12

Reaction score
I coulda sworn Fitz ran in the mid 4.4's, but maybe wrong. I remember before the combine Fitz, listed at 6'3", was expected by some to measure 6'1." Turned out the 6'3" was right.

I remember Roy Williams was always listed at 6'4" in high school and at UT..ended up measuring 6'2.5."

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;2029941 said:
Dude was an absolute beast in college and put up close to 1700 yards. That's why the comparison to Kelly is completely off-base. If Kelly had put up that kind of production with a mediocre QB, he'd be a top 10 pick despite his time. He didn't so, he isn't.

You should know the drill by now. When comparing a guy you like to someone in the NFL, you go with the guy that is a beast and/or defied all odds rather than making a modest comparison.

A lot of people do it with their pets, where are the Dwayne Jarret, Mike Williams and Reggie Williams comparisons?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
On the OU boards right now they are saying several of the players were having problems with their footing and some of them just straight up fell to the ground.

They said Kelly came on a Radio Show after he was done and told them about OU's medical staff saying he had nothing but a thigh bruise but come to find out it was a thigh tear and they were trying to force him onto the field.

He said if he would've played he would still be out.

Its looking more and more like these 40 times are BS.

The Bills told him not to even worry about his 40 time.

If his 40 is as bogus as it seems and it does effect his draft status someone is going to get a steal.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
lol, how are his 40 times bogus? You make it sound like they were made it up. It's one thing to say the field affected his time, but they aren't bogus.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheCount;2030130 said:
lol, how are his 40 times bogus? You make it sound like they were made it up. It's one thing to say the field affected his time, but they aren't bogus.

Nah they were legit for the surface he was running on I guess.

But it defenitely effected their times.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Put it this way.

If Kelly wasn't lying and was running 4.5's on a running surface at 232 pounds and 4% body fat then he is going to be one heck of a prospect.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ThreeSportStar80;2030186 said:
I wouldn't touch either one of those guys before the 3rd round...
That might not be such a bad approach. I'd hate to blow an earlier pick thinking we were getting a difference maker and only end up with JAG.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theogt;2029941 said:

Right, Fitz was absolutely dominant as a freshman on a bad team. It was easy to see how good he was right away. Kelly's never done anything like that.