Signed by Cowboys Malik Hooker contract extended

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think what we fans need to stop doing is believing all of these training camp reports, mostly from social media, that have us thinking every player is a boom or bust in July of their rookie year. If you think the team is expecting him to be the next starting CB based on some training camp practices and before he has ever even suited up against another team in even a preseason game I think you are expecting too much and that is NOT based on his draft position. My only point was that in general 6th round rookies are even less of a sure thing than earlier picks. Pointing to a few who bucked the trend doesn't make it not a trend. But, like I said, it would be great if it happens.
I disagree. You go by the depth chart and the fact the Cowboys invested two draft choices on the guy. They see something. Could he not work out? Of course but Quinn/Harris see something in the kid to put him out there. The Cowboys don’t waste draft picks.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I disagree. You go by the depth chart and the fact the Cowboys invested two draft choices on the guy. They see something. Could he not work out? Of course but Quinn/Harris see something in the kid to put him out there. The Cowboys don’t waste draft picks.
2?

Sorry, but if we liked him that much then shame on us for not taking him earlier. You really think we were sitting there on draft day with a guy we thought was going to be a future starting CB and waited until the 6th round to take him? All I'm saying is you are way too high on his chances right now. Trust me, I hope you are right, but I think you need to tap the brakes on assuming it is going to happen as compared to thinking/hoping it might.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
2?

Sorry, but if we liked him that much then shame on us for not taking him earlier. You really think we were sitting there on draft day with a guy we thought was going to be a future starting CB and waited until the 6th round to take him? All I'm saying is you are way too high on his chances right now. Trust me, I hope you are right, but I think you need to tap the brakes on assuming it is going to happen as compared to thinking/hoping it might.
Quinn probably wanted him earlier. Remember they drafted Wright in the 3rd. I would love to know who the coaches want especially after they work these guys out.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Adding stability to a back seven is essential, esp when we can keep the communication going on.
That defines the term "Chemistry". in itself it provides high value.