Signed by Cowboys Malik Hooker contract extended

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Wow, thats a lot for him. 2 year deal looks like.
I suppose it is a bit expensive but it's a bit 'supply and demand', there aren't many true FS's, most with the necessary traits play corner.
....and we've a history of thinking FS and CB is interchangeable.

Aven8

Reaction score
Seemed like an odd time. Who knew they loved him so much? To @Risen Star said earlier it’s crazy that we now pay and covet the safety position. We have like 6 really good ones now. Kearse, Dono, and Hooker have all been paid. With Bell, Muko behind them. An embarrassment of riches finally folks!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Am I the only one that thinks he’s been a little underwhelming in his time here? Was expecting some game changing interceptions along the way. How many does he have as a Cowboy? 1?
He has been solid. I was hoping for more INT's as well. But the fact they are not there makes him underwhelming. Maybe teams stay away from those type of plays for that very reason.
However with an improved DL and if the LB's improve. Those INT's will happen.

Creeper

Reaction score
With the young kids they have at safety, this is an interesting move by Dallas.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I remember when a bunch guys bad mouthed them when they originally signed him.
Who bad mouthed the team for signing him to a veteran minimum contract? He was coming off an injury and had been a little injury prone, but I don’t remember anyone who didn’t think it was at worst worth a shot and I remember most thinking it was a great low risk move.

rambo2

Reaction score
Who bad mouthed the team for signing him to a veteran minimum contract? He was coming off an injury and had been a little injury prone, but I don’t remember anyone who didn’t think it was at worst worth a shot and I remember most thinking it was a great low risk move.
A bunch of people did. Bad mouthing Jerry for injury prone players. Dumpster diving they call it.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I think they like Scott to be Gilmore’s replacement. Let’s see what happens when he gets back on the field. I think Isreal might be Kearse’s replacement by the way they use him.
I’m not so sure the plan is for a 6th round rookie who hasn’t even played in a preseason game is going to be a starting corner after Gilmore is gone, but I guess that would be great if it happened. Surprising, but great.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’m not so sure the plan is for a 6th round rookie who hasn’t even played in a preseason game is going to be a starting corner after Gilmore is gone, but I guess that would be great if it happened. Surprising, but great.
They traded future draft capital to get Scott and in practice he appears to be Gilmore’s backup right now. Scott is certainly trending that way. We fans need to stop getting caught up with draft position. It is clear as day that Isreal and Bland are better than Joseph and Wright. The former two were picked after the 5th round.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like the player but this team makes some head scratching moves. They finally have serious depth at that position, and NOW they're going to hand out big money to safeties?

Jarntt

Reaction score
They traded future draft capital to get Scott and in practice he appears to be Gilmore’s backup right now. Scott is certainly trending that way. We fans need to stop getting caught up with draft position. It is clear as day that Isreal and Bland are better than Joseph and Wright. The former two were picked after the 5th round.
I think what we fans need to stop doing is believing all of these training camp reports, mostly from social media, that have us thinking every player is a boom or bust in July of their rookie year. If you think the team is expecting him to be the next starting CB based on some training camp practices and before he has ever even suited up against another team in even a preseason game I think you are expecting too much and that is NOT based on his draft position. My only point was that in general 6th round rookies are even less of a sure thing than earlier picks. Pointing to a few who bucked the trend doesn't make it not a trend. But, like I said, it would be great if it happens.