Signed by Cowboys Malik Hooker officially joins the team

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Overall I like the pick up, just tired of seeing Dallas get players coming off a major injury, first the guy has to get back to 100% healthy & back to form, IF he does, then get acclimated to the team and then after all that if a player on the roster shows up better then he'll be released or not get to play much.

I miss the old days, where Dallas picked up players like Herb Adderley, still in the prime of their career. Or Leroy Glover. Nowadays we get the Greg Hardy or Adam Jones-type player, or the defensive back (I forget his name) that never played a down in a game.

Hooker could turn out well, hope he does and I'll give him the opportunity, but Dallas' history recently with free agents isn't that good...

reddyuta

Reaction score
Overall I like the pick up, just tired of seeing Dallas get players coming off a major injury, first the guy has to get back to 100% healthy & back to form, IF he does, then get acclimated to the team and then after all that if a player on the roster shows up better then he'll be released or not get to play much.

I miss the old days, where Dallas picked up players like Herb Adderley, still in the prime of their career. Or Leroy Glover. Nowadays we get the Greg Hardy or Adam Jones-type player, or the defensive back (I forget his name) that never played a down in a game.

Hooker could turn out well, hope he does and I'll give him the opportunity, but Dallas' history recently with free agents isn't that good...

i agree with this sentiment but Hooker has real talent,its very low risk and the payoff could be big.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
i agree with this sentiment but Hooker has real talent,its very low risk and the payoff could be big.

Totally agree with all 3 of your points.

But first he has to recover, that's the issue I have with him. And while low risk is good, if he never sees the field it'd be just like he'd never been here, another wasted free agent pickup...