Signed by Cowboys Malik Hooker officially joins the team

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'd put Hooker on the IR Designated For return list early on. Give him thru mid October to further recover from the injury. Also you minimize game exposure for a guy who has struggled to stay healthy for a full season.

slick325

Reaction score
Not sure if you heard or remember but Stephen actually admitted they AGAIN fail to address the S position after the draft. This tells Hooker and Kazee are a couple of bandaids they hope will stick or at least get us through the season. I'm guessing IF both fall short, they will finally prioritize the position next with either 1st round pick or a major FA signing.

Don't hold your breath...

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this means for Mitch Hyatt?
Hyatt is probably done.
He was hyped so much but got handled by 3rd stringers in a preseason game if I recall correctly.
He couldnt beat out the rookie who ended up starting a lot of games last year ( Steele) and ended up in IR last year also.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They said that he is on IR unable to return so his season is over. Unless of course, he leaves with an injury settlement and another team signs him.

That’s a bummer. I thought they might have something with him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
His talent and age make this a home run IF he can stay healthy. Interestingly, last season was the first time he's missed almost an entire season.

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/malik-hooker/9507

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/malik-hooker-21756/stats-valuation/
Both he and Kazee are totally worth the 1yr show me contracts the team has signed them for. Can the Cowboys hit lightning in the bottle? I am far more excited to find out then Darian Thompson starting again.

johneric8

Reaction score
Hooker comes with some risk, but any player at anytime can go down with an injury. I understand being cautious in our excitement, but remember, anyone can get hurt at anytime! The bottom line here is we got a very good player added to our roster who might end up really helping us. No reason to look for the doom and gloom here, the kid might pan out.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

6-1-210, 4.4 40yd time, +35' vertical, top instincts, range, game feel, acceleration and striking, WR skills at DB, pick 6 big play Hooker with 3 Pick 6 TDs in 1 year. He was described as a bigger Ed Reed in college.
Let the puns begins...
Jerry got us a Hooker.
Highlight reel will be titled "we got the little Hooker on tape" (see Ice Cube)
Hooker got the ball (after an interception).
Hooker comes blitzing, comes running, comes out of his back pedal, comes up with the INT, Hooker just keeps coming.
Hooker sacks the QB
Hooker strolls the back end of the defense
Hooker has great ball skills
Hooker grabs balls with one hand...

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
After all the Hooker jokes are done we are proud. My wife graduated from OHIO State. I have no choice here. :laugh:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One more Hooker joke because I'm 5 years old mentally.

I just realized Hooker is a safety to Dallas.

So it would be accurate to headline it - "Hooker visits training camp, Cowboys get STD."

Last one. Maybe.