Malik Turner has me not so worried about losing Gallup

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No you cannot, that is where we agree on. Turner made a great play last night against a D that quit before the game started, and he does not have enough snaps/games to suggest he can replace a pin dropping on this team. Amari's health is a question mark every year, and even if we were to resign Gallup he is from a guarantee to play every game. If Schultz is looking for crazy money then no, don't resign him. Everybody seems to suggest he is looking for a big payday, that nobody has even seen numbers for. Remember when we all wanted to trade up for Kyle Pitts? Anybody on this board still wish we did?

ha..................that wasnt me with Pitts. This offense shouldnt need more than Lamb and Cooper. Need to keep this defense together.

plymkr

Reaction score
Turner isn't as good as Gallup but his play will make the sting of losing Gallup a little easier to deal with.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Anyone else thinking this last night? When Turner has gotten his opportunities, he has produced well. Good hands and has some speed and moves. I like him. With him as our #3 next year I am not so worried about losing Gallup.

Cant keep them all.

To me we need to keep this defense together. Gregory and Kearse need to be the top 2 priorities in the offseason.

Gallup is gone and I would let Shultz walk if he wants big money.

Same here. He looked really good. He looks faster than Gallup out there.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You can go find a guy like Shultz they are available in FA and the draft. Dak made Shultz, not the other way around. I like Shultz, but he is not worth the money he will get offered.

Shultz has good hands and is an excellent route runner.

TEs like that are not easy to find.

if so, everyone would have TEs like him.

I think Dallas will find a way to keep him though.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I agree, hate losing any key player and we will have to wait and see how it all plays out in the off season. One good thing is Dallas knows that they have guys like Wilson and Turner they can count on, especially Wilson who played much of the snaps when Gallup was injured and yet this offense was clicking at that point.

Wilson is not reliable, he has drops problem like CD.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Anyone else thinking this last night? When Turner has gotten his opportunities, he has produced well. Good hands and has some speed and moves. I like him. With him as our #3 next year I am not so worried about losing Gallup.

Cant keep them all.

To me we need to keep this defense together. Gregory and Kearse need to be the top 2 priorities in the offseason.

Agree on Kearse and Gregory. I would like to see Schultz signed too. Good TEs are not as easy to find as you think. He is tough and reliable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cant keep them all.

The team’s cap issues are a tough pill for some fans to swallow. So they choose denial instead and live in a magical Madden-world with no salary cap where they can keep everybody.

Several players will simply price themselves out of Dallas. That’s the reality after this season. Gallup and Schultz to name but a few.

Turner is also a free agent but will cost far less to be this team’s 3rd receiver. As you’ve said, he’s produced when given the opportunity.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Shultz has good hands and is an excellent route runner.

TEs like that are not easy to find.

if so, everyone would have TEs like him.

I think Dallas will find a way to keep him though.

Actually plenty of TE's that have good hands and run good routes. Its the ones that can block as well that is rare.

kskboys

Reaction score
Actually plenty of TE's that have good hands and run good routes. Its the ones that can block as well that is rare.
Run good routes and create separation = rare.

How do so many people not comprehend how hard it is to get open at an NFL level? Crazy stuff.

kskboys

Reaction score
The team’s cap issues are a tough pill for some fans to swallow. So they choose denial instead and live in a magical Madden-world with no salary cap where they can keep everybody.

Several players will simply price themselves out of Dallas. That’s the reality after this season. Gallup and Schultz to name but a few.

Turner is also a free agent but will cost far less to be this team’s 3rd receiver. As you’ve said, he’s produced when given the opportunity.
It's been only media spew that Schu will want a huge contract. We've seen no evidence of it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been only media spew that Schu will want a huge contract. We've seen no evidence of it.

What "evidence" do you need?
:huh:
When did these guys start playing for charity because fans can't handle them leaving their favorite team?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Run good routes and create separation = rare.

How do so many people not comprehend how hard it is to get open at an NFL level? Crazy stuff.

System TE. We have another one of those in Jarwin. Although I definitely like Shultz better.

A lot of these routes he runs are simple routes. He blocks briefly then heads out and is wide open.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
What do you think Gallup will get offered? And at what price would you NOT sign him?

Good question.

Similar to what Randall Cobb got with us but taking into account the new salary cap.

$7 - 9 million a season. 4 to 5 years.

If Coop or Lamp go down we still have Gallup who knows how to play with Dak.

I would even sign Cedric Wilson if possible and Malik Turner. If all of these signings come as a nice package price we have 5 Wr’s already knowing their roles and our scheme. They also have 4 to 5 years left in them.

2 year deals are fine too.

Lambs got another 2 years on his. I think we still get the 5th year option which would make it 3. After next year we decide what we want to do with Cooper if we have to. He’s worth his current contract when healthy.

Now you get to make sure the o-line is always optimal and you decide what you want to do at RB with Zeke.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Gallup is the superior talent, but realistically, keeping Wilson *and* Turner is far more likely

I agree that Gallup is the more polished receiver.. but I do like Turner's run after catch ability and Wilson is such a special team ace and Dak's best friend on the team after Zeke.. Plus the team did win 6 in a row without Gallup.. Just sayin..