Malik Turner has me not so worried about losing Gallup

RonnieT24

Reaction score
And BTW, although his weaving that ended up to be a huge gain looked pretty, it was dumb. Running backwards is a college thing.

Not if you're fast enough to outrun people.. which he clearly is..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking this last night?

No.

When Turner has gotten his opportunities, he has produced well. Good hands and has some speed and moves. I like him. With him as our #3 next year I am not so worried about losing Gallup.

Turner is a free agent after this season.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Anyone else thinking this last night? When Turner has gotten his opportunities, he has produced well. Good hands and has some speed and moves. I like him. With him as our #3 next year I am not so worried about losing Gallup.

Cant keep them all.

To me we need to keep this defense together. Gregory and Kearse need to be the top 2 priorities in the offseason.

Gallup is gone and I would let Shultz walk if he wants big money.
Gallup is a Nuclear submarine compared to a Patrol boat, we are going to miss being able to go nuclear. my two cents

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anyone else thinking this last night? When Turner has gotten his opportunities, he has produced well. Good hands and has some speed and moves. I like him. With him as our #3 next year I am not so worried about losing Gallup.

Cant keep them all.

To me we need to keep this defense together. Gregory and Kearse need to be the top 2 priorities in the offseason.

bingo C-Roy bingo

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Brown, Wilson and Turner are all free agents after this season, IIRC. Wilson is good in the slot, so Brown or Turner could be gone.

quickccc

Reaction score
i dunno about feeling good enuff about Malik that will suppress loss of Gallup, as he doesn't have Gally's deep vertical ability, pure physicality and jump ball skills

- but i would Much.. Much rather have Malik in the game ..vs what i've see from Noah Brown - who is just so very average to me.
No deep vertical speed, no special run after the catch skills,,his game will never be beyond 10 yards .. Noah always gonna be a JAG

- and i do think he's a better, more natural and fluid receiver than rookie project Simi Feheko.

- i'd still like to addmore pure speed, pure vertical and stretch ability to this offense, getting a duo speed/returner guy that we can
create "spot" packages as a 4th WR where he can fly over the top of the opposing defenses on occasions. - plus adding a true punt returner.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I'd rather have Gallup. He's got a knack for finding just enough space along sidelines and getting his toes down. He's got good hands

*IF* Dallas can't keep him, I think the draft has some interesting prospects. I think David Bell from Purdue could fill in nice.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, lol. He’s their starting WR. Gallup is not a number 1. Plus they take from us. Even Washington and Philly could be landing spots. Regardless Gallups isn’t going to get this astronomical payday and if the HC wants him at the price we can be happy with and Gallup is fine with the targets, they will keep him or he will leave.

We can also draft or just develop what we have even further.

It really isn’t that complicated.

But you talk like Michael is this superstar in the league and will be this overpaid hot commodity that only cap rich teams can keep. He is not and him being injured doesn’t help his market either.

You can go all other avenues all you want. But Michael Gallup is not a superstar #1 WR that is going to get a huge pay out after an injury riddled season. His calf, lol!

LVE has proven more than Michael Gallup and he won’t be getting a payday either. No recent stats and injury history.

Michael Gallup. No recent stats and an injury history. Yeah, yeah, we get a nice catch here and there like LVE has some old tapes of nice tackles too. Gallup has some footage of him dropping the ball on critical downs this season also. He’s not getting a huge payday. Period. He may not be unaffordable. Period.

What do you think Gallup will get offered? And at what price would you NOT sign him?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.
Gallup is very good and somebody is going to pay him (Eagles or Patriots). But I would be fine with Wilson, Turner, and a mid round draft pick as depth WR's next year

This team may never be as talented as it is now. Gallup is an incredible #3. But we honestly dont need all this talent at WR.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
as always you are obtuse about any argument sent your way. Unless you haven't watched this team for the last 3 decades our QB's have had their safety blankets, and not one of them was just picked out of thin air. Put your goggles on and read what I said in terms of unless he is asking for the moon, you resign Schultz. If Kelce just left the Chiefs do you not think Mahomes would suffer? Honestly almost no point trying to make you understand a point outside of your own, so not sure why I or anybody bothers. Oh and do you have any faither in this team being able to draft/sign a TE to compliment this offense?

Cant keep everyone. Have to pick and choose. Its the TE that is the safety blanket in this offense. We can find another one. We have to.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Cant keep them all.

Just wait till you see my first video highlight clip CowboyRoy and you will love me even more.
GhzU7wh.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just wait till you see my first video highlight clip CowboyRoy and you will love me even more.
GhzU7wh.jpg

Loved his highlight clip after the draft. But where has he been? Is he on the practice squad?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Cant keep everyone. Have to pick and choose. Its the TE that is the safety blanket in this offense. We can find another one. We have to.
No you cannot, that is where we agree on. Turner made a great play last night against a D that quit before the game started, and he does not have enough snaps/games to suggest he can replace a pin dropping on this team. Amari's health is a question mark every year, and even if we were to resign Gallup he is from a guarantee to play every game. If Schultz is looking for crazy money then no, don't resign him. Everybody seems to suggest he is looking for a big payday, that nobody has even seen numbers for. Remember when we all wanted to trade up for Kyle Pitts? Anybody on this board still wish we did?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
And BTW, although his weaving that ended up to be a huge gain looked pretty, it was dumb. Running backwards is a college thing.
Not when you have 40+ points on the board.......any other scenario I would have been hmmmmmmm......

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score

Cant keep them all.

I would at least try to keep Schultz.jmo

Malhavoc

Reaction score
This team is going to draft a WR early and probably 1 late. And don’t melt down if it’s in the 1st round.