Malware Pop Up Removal

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys, I need your help getting rid of malware pop ups on my tablet. I usually can do this on my own, but since it's a tablet I don't know what to do to get rid of them.

To make a long story short I wanted to stream the last bit of the Cowboys' game on my tablet. I was at my stepson's place so when the game was moved to the Steelers' game I decided to try and stream the game. At home it would not have been an issue because I use a server to get all games. I guess I went to a suspect site and now I'm inundated with popup warnings for "virus is spreading" or "I need to clean my phone before it's too late!" and so on.

I've done the add blocking on the tablet and even trial purchased a virus/malware removal tool, but that hasn't done a thing.

It's annoying as hell because the warnings pop up every 2 or 3 minutes and it's driving me crazy. The tablet I have is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Creeper

Reaction score
I'd have to know more, but it may not be your tablet that is infected. Clear the cache on your browser (close the app completely). See if that helps. But it could be the hosting server is infected and that message is being generated by the server.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The first thing I would do is try Malwarebytes, there are free versions that won't cost you anything

Creeper

Reaction score
So you are getting this message when you browse all websites or just certain websites? Or just one website?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I finally got the malware warnings to stop (I hope). I went into Google settings and cleared all cookies and temp files. I haven't had them since. Hard to believe it was such a simple fix.

Thanks for all suggestions. Some were obviously better than others. :D

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Install Ublock origin. It's the only blocker I use. You won't get anymore ads, anywhere. I promise.
I did try that. It didn't work, but it steered me in a different direction to get to the bottom of it.