Man, It's Quiet Around Here

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that this was one of the biggest wins I've seen in several years. And part of me is still (pleasantly) in shock.

I'm still amazed at how much better Romo looked. Healthier, more composed, and for the most part, in full command of the offense.

And a defense that I had zero faith in, really impressed me through sheer effort and hustle. They might not have a ton of talent, but these guys are working their tails off.

If they can get some pass rush going, they might be significantly better than I thought.

But, overall, it was an amazing performance and I truly hope a sign of things to come!

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I' Many posters act like we just won the Super Bowl.

That's not true, some people are just happy with signs of improvement, based off last year's 40 1st downs debacle I'd say things have gotten better. Acting like the Saints haven't been a huge thorn in the side of this team since Payton got away is disingenuous.

Three wins in a row for the first time under Garrett, against a constantly tough opponent for Dallas, consisting of two former coordinators, and keeping the best tight end in football under check enough to hold on to the lead is a big enough deal for me to let my hair down, so I'll enjoy it. Hardly past noon here, seems a same to have a crappy Monday for no reason.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That's not true, some people are just happy with signs of improvement, based off last year's 40 1st downs debacle I'd say things have gotten better. Acting like the Saints haven't been a huge thorn in the side of this team since Payton got away is disingenuous.

Three wins in a row for the first time under Garrett, against a constantly tough opponent for Dallas, consisting of two former coordinators, and keeping the best tight end in football under check enough to hold on to the lead is a big enough deal for me to let my hair down, so I'll enjoy it. Hardly past noon here, seems a same to have a crappy Monday for no reason.

I'm not talking about EVERYONE. I'm specifically speaking to those who feel the need to CALL OUT others. We're 3-1. We haven't won the Super Bowl. It's too early for call outs, if there's ever a time for them.

That's my point.

31smackdown

Reaction score
I think people just are afraid to get too up because we have been conditioned to expect some type of let down in recent history. So I think its more of a Wow.. that was nice..could have done without the opponent comeback flashbacks that we have seen in recent years. The offense is clearly improved in many ways from years past, that is what is worth getting excited about. I think the defense still leaves people weary of getting too confident, but they are showing signs of improving and Ro McClain has brought a toughness to this D. Haven't seen the D hit that hard and be that aggressive in a while. Of course this was also a revenge game of sorts, so I think things were set up to really show the best version of the team with everyone likely very focused all week. Also I think the Saints D is clearly in the bottom half of the league, so that curbs some of the enthusiasm of the success. It was great to see some new wrinkles though with Moore playing the athletic TE instead of watching Wilcox and the LB's get worn out and give up easy catches. It was almost like we were watching a different team last night that we now have to see where this goes before fully investing any emotion back in. After so many dramatic losses over the years and the 8-8 standard, it takes more than one good win to give you hope of something better than that. This was really the first complete game they played all year, the Rams and Titans games showed resilience but against a good team, both of those games are losses. So feel good that they are 3-1 and see if they can be a more consistent team over these next few games.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I'm not talking about EVERYONE. I'm specifically speaking to those who feel the need to CALL OUT others. We're 3-1. We haven't won the Super Bowl. It's too early for call outs, if there's ever a time for them.

That's my point.

I really don't like them either.

however, I really hope the posters that claim we have the worst coach and worst gm in football will be forced to find somewhere else to troll this season, which is what should happen if the winning continues.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score

That's my point.

So your point is to call out the people calling out people and BOLDING a couple of words makes that cool?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This post bothers me. I've seen plenty of pessimists of this team on this forum enjoying the win. Talking positively.

The fact that you were optimistic prior to this performance really shouldn't lead you to gloat--doing so actually turns your 'positivity' into negativity, making you no different than the pessimists you abhor

We won. We don't need to fight with fellow Cowboys fans!

And the same can be said for pessimists, but they do it all the time and get back-pats and "likes" for it.

I won't apologize at all. And I was legitimately wondering. Just because a handful of buttheads were noticeably absent doesn't mean that the thousands of others shouldn't be here excited to break down the win.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score

The best tight end in football was on the field last night, but he was wearing white and making clutch catches and blocks.

Jimmy Graham is an amazing pass catcher, but he's far from the best tight end in football.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Any ideas why? Biggest Cowboys fan forum on the web - we should really be enjoying this one this week.

A good chunk of the posters that would have been celebrating and talking true football after a win like this back in the day have been driven off or pounded into submission.

This one included.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The best tight end in football was on the field last night, but he was wearing white and making clutch catches and blocks.

Jimmy Graham is an amazing pass catcher, but he's far from the best tight end in football.

Yeah. I have to admit, the announcers missed a golden opportunity to make just that point last night. They did a lot of balancing the two players, but it was pretty clear which was the more impactful TE in that game, overall. And his shirt had an 82 on it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing, short of violating forum rules, will stop the call outs. Why? Fingerpointing happens every day on CowboysZone...

You're a hater!

You're a homer!

What's different now? Nothing. The team won. Some fans said it would not happen. After the next team loss, some fans will say, "See? I'm not surprised."

I guess fewer opinion-made-fact threads and posts would lessen the fingerpointing at some future point. Then again, I want world peace too. That's life.

Hakuna matata.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I am getting so sick of the optimistic fans vs. the pessimistic fans war. We played great last night and are tied for 1st in the East. End of story! Let's see how things play out in the next several weeks. For the optimistic fan....why can't you just be happy and not rub it in the faces of those that aren't as optimistic? For the pessimistic fan....why can't you just let the fans that are optimistic have their day and not rain on their parade? No one knows how the rest of the season is going to play out so let's just enjoy it and see what happens! If we're going to bash other fans let's bash the fans of the Eagles, Commanders, and Giants :p

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am getting so sick of the optimistic fans vs. the pessimistic fans war. We played great last night and are tied for 1st in the East. End of story! Let's see how things play out in the next several weeks. For the optimistic fan....why can't you just be happy and not rub it in the faces of those that aren't as optimistic? For the pessimistic fan....why can't you just let the fans that are optimistic have their day and not rain on their parade? No one knows how the rest of the season is going to play out so let's just enjoy it and see what happens! If we're going to bash other fans let's bash the fans of the Eagles, Commanders, and Giants :p

I agree. The bad will is tedious. And there are such things as positive Rants, too. Let's just enjoy this one for the full, traditional 24 hours.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score

You keep telling yourself that fellah.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think he's got a pretty good point, actually. There's a lot to be said for that position that doesn't include pass receptions, and Witten's pretty good at that, too, when his number is called. I'd still take Witten over Graham or, a few years ago, Gronkowski or, a few years before that, Antonio Gates.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score

I think he's got a pretty good point, actually. There's a lot to be said for that position that doesn't include pass receptions, and Witten's pretty good at that, too, when his number is called. I'd still take Witten over Graham or, a few years ago, Gronkowski or, a few years before that, Antonio Gates.

I kind of equate it to a running back and pass blocking. The majority wouldn't trust a back that's a good runner but bad at blitz pickups. That makes your offense predictable. I feel the same way about tight ends. If you can't block, then you aren't a tight end, you're something else. My coach back in school said the TE had to be the smartest guy on the field because he has so many jobs and responsibilities.

Like I said, Jimmy Graham is an amazing pass catcher and he's a great weapon to have on any team, but he isn't a tight end. He was right about himself. He should he classified as a wide receiver or some new designation like Split End.

Jenky

Reaction score
I tell you what, something I can say about that game yesterday is that Jairus Byrd is worth every bit of the contract he got. That is a really good safety. Too bad the rest of the Saints defense got pushed around. Sike! It's not too bad! I love it!

He's a good safety, but I noticed that he missed 2 TD saving tackles against Murray.