Manufactured drama and talking heads

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
While our fanbase certainly has its share of delusion, many of you guys are very sharp!
Collectively we probably all fight like dogs, but with the general consensus of this forum, the collective thought process would have manifested about 10 Lombardi's already

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Big deal to fans and media Not actual fans who knew copper 22mil no longer fit with this team. We were moving on, neded the cap money and guess what

we also lost,
Collins
Cwill
Jarwin
turner
Ced
cooper
had schultz with that group and lamb& gallup

big deal ?? huh? that we with and without many of them and never got past the 2nd round.
its want big loss

here was the TRUE problem at WR for 22...

The Cowboys FO beloved Gallup would be back 100% once he hit the field(dont say they should have known look at the season Goodwin had for the bucs once he got rolling, same injury, surgery around the same time), well up until then we had Lamb learning to be a 1 and BROWN a 2 as Washington got hurt as well.

its was never we missed cooper, how could it?? he didn't help us against the rams or 49er in the playoffs, you cant lose a game and say dang if we just had cooper. we had cooper from 18-21 he did NOT help us get over the top. we moved on without him made it just as far..

IMO it was Washington and Gallup who messed up the plan and Tolbert didn't develop,

hindsight says man if we just had cooper. NO it was not having a #2 for half or more of season.. so it was more they didnt have replacement for Gallups missing and Washington was supposed to take ceds productions.
Im sorry but i will dismiss coops release he was NOT the ANSWER accept the Practice, whats practice (that answer lol)..he may have been solid 1 for team , never elite, never special. 22mil says you need to be the clear #1 and being something special. he was simply a very good payer who made too much money for our needs moving to CD as our 1 22mil for 2 NOPE had Gallup for 4mil and got cooks for 6..Cooks is what we needed so with that knowledge its Ced Wilsons release that would have been the misstep in hindsight he could have bridged that gap. a ty Hilton for the year yes but Copp and his 22mil , no it wasn't missed given cap relief and the fact he was slipping to the 3rd option in 21 to Lamb and Schultz.

somehow this was mistake for us yet KC won sb trading away Hill and letting honey badger go and replacing them with JUJU and bunch of dudes ie bargain bin WRBC and Bargain RBBC and won sb against team made all the moves., we didn't lose the 9er game over coops loss. we lost it because the OL was banged up missing steele and brought no physicality to the game ie NO RUN GAME, poor pass protection, and made it easy for the 9er front 7 to control the LOS with 4-5 guys and play max coverage. happened 2 years in row with or without coop, they shut down our OL, run game, and controlled the pass rush with little help. .

this and in pollards injury and 16 run plays called by our dearly departed OC who thought not using Malik was the best thing even though we saw KC did it with 4 RBS..i mean come on, stop the nonsense Coop was the reason we didn't go further, it absurd because we didn't with him. they lost Hill , won a sb, we lose Coop and our fans think he was the missing piece LOL

Its ironic that fans feel we let go of Jerry rice lmao we didn't neither did the raiders or his 3rd team.
Yes sir, only receiving a 5 in return was the least of Cowboys concern.
They wanted out, and payed to get out.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Schultz was 11th among tight ends in catches last year (for the second straight year, I believe), which means he was better than 21 other starting tight ends in that category. He was 11th among tight ends in yards, which means he was better than 22 other starting tight ends in that category. He also was tied for eighth in TDs by a tight end.

Some of you have a different definition of JAG than I do. Was he great? No. Can we possibly do better? Yes. But he wasn't a JAG. He's a solid, middle-of-the-pack starting NFL tight end.
Schultz missed games then came back and played injured.
We are HOPING that Ferguson matches Shultz production. JAG??? pulease... if he was, we wouldnt have franchised him last year.

Some people should get out more often.... not you.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My brother gets all fired up over guys like Cowherd, who says Dallas fans are delusional. Cowherd says we dismiss losing Cooper, Kellen Moore and Shultz like it’s no big deal. I tell my brother three things: 1)that dissing Dallas is a bestseller, 2)EVERY franchise has delusional fans, and 3)Cowherd doesn’t know the Cowboys like we do. We all know Cooper kinda disappeared his last year. The same thing happened in Oakland. We also know that Shultz was no Jason Witten, and we also have Ferguson and Hendershot. Kellen Moore? Great stats, but the WR routes were weak and predictable, and WHY were we running empty sets in the RZ when our backs are averaging 5.3 ypc?

These “journalists” aren’t worth the fuss! But I’m having trouble convincing my brother.
Modern journalism is like a landfill that just had 50 tons of cow dumped on it and now has the seagulls crapping on top of that. That’s the modern journalist in a nutshell.

Last edited by a moderator:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes sir, only receiving a 5 in return was the least of Cowboys concern.
They wanted out, and payed to get out.
getting a player of equal talent for the same trade value and less then 12mil against the cap, in cooks, says the cooper deal,it wasn't as bad deal they took his 22mil off our hands for free where as teams paid 6mil inthe trade.. everyone said no way a payer of that talent can be traded for that.,um yes they can. looking back now not bad deal given the guaranteed money about to be on us we made quick deal.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
getting a player of equal talent for the same trade value and less then 12mil against the cap, in cooks, says the cooper deal,it wasn't as bad deal they took his 22mil off our hands for free where as teams paid 6mil inthe trade.. everyone said no way a payer of that talent can be traded for that.,um yes they can. looking back now not bad deal given the guaranteed money about to be on us we made quick deal.
You get it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You may not mean it, but the way you frame it—many will take it as arrogant and condescending. Also, ignoring insight from everyone that doesn’t obsess over it like many here is limiting your resources, isn’t it?

“Oh, he doesn’t spend seven hours daily going over stats and reading articles like me, so he has nothing to offer.” Not a good take.
I wouldn’t say they don’t have anything to offer but generally like with any subject matter the ones who are more invested generally have more to offer. And more likely to lean towards their take .

And those who aren’t as invested most likely whatever they have to add is already been included. And that goes for almost any subject matter. Always exceptions but generally the rule .

But yea , arrogance and confidence is all part of having the extensive knowledge regardless what your passion is. Fans or people in general usually gravitate more to those with similar interest and viewpoints .

When my friend are talking baseball I don’t have much to offer for example . And they certainly don’t ask me. Lol

ESisback

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say they don’t have anything to offer but generally like with any subject matter the ones who are more invested generally have more to offer. And more likely to lean towards their take .

And those who aren’t as invested most likely whatever they have to add is already been included. And that goes for almost any subject matter. Always exceptions but generally the rule .

But yea , arrogance and confidence is all part of having the extensive knowledge regardless what your passion is. Fans or people in general usually gravitate more to those with similar interest and viewpoints .

When my friend are talking baseball I don’t have much to offer for example . And they certainly don’t ask me. Lol
My brother will throw out baseball stats from 1971, and I couldn’t care less!

fivetwos

Reaction score
The 2007 team was not going to beat the Patriots. Just a bad matchup for our defense that year but we should have went to the Super Bowl.
They should have gone to the SB each time they had the one seed.

Probably would have lost to NE both times, but the 28 year championship drought would have a very different ring to it if they didn’t choke away both of their best opportunities of that period.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Schultz missed games then came back and played injured.
We are HOPING that Ferguson matches Shultz production. JAG??? pulease... if he was, we wouldnt have franchised him last year.

Some people should get out more often.... not you.
I like Ferguson and Hendershot. I thought both showed a lot of promised last year. But at this point, they are both just projection, and projection can fail. Schultz is a successful NFL starting tight end. He isn't great, but few are and they are hard to find. We want to find great and should continue looking for it, but replacing a player who is in the upper third of his position isn't a guaranteed success. I hope that one of these two will prove to be better or that we'll find one of those rare great ones, like a Kelce or Kittle, in the draft. I just can't act like even replacing a good one like Schultz is something we should take for granted, though.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I like Ferguson and Hendershot. I thought both showed a lot of promised last year. But at this point, they are both just projection, and projection can fail. Schultz is a successful NFL starting tight end. He isn't great, but few are and they are hard to find. We want to find great and should continue looking for it, but replacing a player who is in the upper third of his position isn't a guaranteed success. I hope that one of these two will prove to be better or that we'll find one of those rare great ones, like a Kelce or Kittle, in the draft. I just can't act like even replacing a good one like Schultz is something we should take for granted, though.
Bingo

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
My brother gets all fired up over guys like Cowherd, who says Dallas fans are delusional. Cowherd says we dismiss losing Cooper, Kellen Moore and Shultz like it’s no big deal. I tell my brother three things: 1)that dissing Dallas is a bestseller, 2)EVERY franchise has delusional fans, and 3)Cowherd doesn’t know the Cowboys like we do. We all know Cooper kinda disappeared his last year. The same thing happened in Oakland. We also know that Shultz was no Jason Witten, and we also have Ferguson and Hendershot. Kellen Moore? Great stats, but the WR routes were weak and predictable, and WHY were we running empty sets in the RZ when our backs are averaging 5.3 ypc?

These “journalists” aren’t worth the fuss! But I’m having trouble convincing my brother.
Go watch legit shows, that dissect draft options, or talk about actual football or free agents. There's tons of great content out there. Don't waste one minute with the guys trying to outscream or out controversy each other, with their "hot takes". All that is so lame.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
While I agree with MOST of what you said, my brother is neither lazy nor anti-Cowboy. He’s a fan from the Ice Bowl Days, just like we are. He just takes erroneous sensationalism to heart. There are millions of Cowboy fans that live outside the Dallas metro that watch the Nationals. Normal fans, not fanatics, but still as viable as anyone else, Captain Snobby!
Cowherd, like SAS, are entertainers, not journalists. Their point of view are reviewed prior to their shows going “on air”. If they don’t throw something contentious out there people will change the channel to ”The Beverly Hillbillies” re-runs.

coult44

Reaction score

Anything Cowboys adds money for everyone involved. Once y’all realize this it won’t move the dial one way or another:

plasticman

Reaction score
Speaking of drama, I often use YouTube to get Cowboys information and the titles of some of their videos are nothing more than click bait. They make a simple story sound like a revelation in the National Enquirer.

Qcard

Reaction score

Cowherd's intentions and motivations are Pure. They are to make money by selling Commercials on his platforms. Colin is a great media Businessman but has a very lazy football IQ.

Covering the Cowboys is easy engagement.

ESisback

Reaction score
Anything Cowboys adds money for everyone involved. Once y’all realize this it won’t move the dial one way or another:
Of course it doesn’t move the needle for most of us. Just pointing out—it’s amusingly erroneous.