Manufactured drama and talking heads

Reid1boys

Reaction score
My brother gets all fired up over guys like Cowherd, who says Dallas fans are delusional. Cowherd says we dismiss losing Cooper, Kellen Moore and Shultz like it’s no big deal. I tell my brother three things: 1)that dissing Dallas is a bestseller, 2)EVERY franchise has delusional fans, and 3)Cowherd doesn’t know the Cowboys like we do. We all know Cooper kinda disappeared his last year. The same thing happened in Oakland. We also know that Shultz was no Jason Witten, and we also have Ferguson and Hendershot. Kellen Moore? Great stats, but the WR routes were weak and predictable, and WHY were we running empty sets in the RZ when our backs are averaging 5.3 ypc?

These “journalists” aren’t worth the fuss! But I’m having trouble convincing my brother.
Cowherd is actually pretty smart, but in the end, he is no different than every other talking head on TV at this time of the year. You cant talk baseball, Basketball? who cares until the playoffs start.... so you talk about the one thing you can talk about all year long, the COWBOYS. It is a ratings winner and Cowherd is shameless in his us of our favorite team.

Actually, most media is stupid when talking about the Cowboys fan base. They always say us fans keep saying "It is our year," really???? Have you actually ever heard a single fan say this is the year we are winning a SB>?? I have never said that once in my entire life, because its just stupid to say it, even if you are the chiefs. I said we have a good chance, or we are as good as any team this year, but never once said this was "Our year."

blueblood70

Reaction score
I heard that it was offered, never that it was offered by the Cowboys.
NO person with any common sense would believe he would pass on a 3yr-36 for 1 yr 9mil to play with the Texans?? that something a player might do to get on a SB level team go get ring say with the chiefs, why not take 12mil year ??? that what top 5 TE money but accept 9 which is less then the FT he got last year,

if it doesn't make sense, most likely not true.

ESisback

Reaction score
Understood but the point is you don’t have to be a local anymore with access to the more pertinent information on the Cowboys .

It’s now a choice to limit your access to more in-depth Cowboys reporting, insight, analysis, etc. instead of these national pundits. And I mentioned lazy because you’ve responded in the past that watching the national crap as such.

It’s like anything in our world today if you can’t recognize or separate sensational programming presenting a narrative or click bait intentions instead of searching or choosing more reliable news sources . It has nothing to do with fandom.

Some fans just take more effort. Like fans here are at least searching out more info. There’s multiple Dallas Cowboys FB pages , they can follow our local newspaper sites, local radio and tv affiliates, etc. , all available online a click away.

I then either assume it’s ignorance or choosing to align with such unreliable sources . Maybe your brother agrees with or is influenced by Cowherd and why he watches. I’ve learned like with any issue, some people can’t be reached .
Cowherd DOES have some good takes, and of course my brother KNOWS that most of Cowherd’s takes prioritize click$ with sensationalism. He’s just annoyed by it. We all take part in things that are at times annoying . Where does perfection exist? He watches these shows more than many of us do, but I don’t consider myself superior in any way. At least he’s not watching The Masked Singer or The Bachelorette!

ESisback

Reaction score
Cowherd is actually pretty smart, but in the end, he is no different than every other talking head on TV at this time of the year. You cant talk baseball, Basketball? who cares until the playoffs start.... so you talk about the one thing you can talk about all year long, the COWBOYS. It is a ratings winner and Cowherd is shameless in his us of our favorite team.

Actually, most media is stupid when talking about the Cowboys fan base. They always say us fans keep saying "It is our year," really???? Have you actually ever heard a single fan say this is the year we are winning a SB>?? I have never said that once in my entire life, because its just stupid to say it, even if you are the chiefs. I said we have a good chance, or we are as good as any team this year, but never once said this was "Our year."
And fans of which team says “we suck, no wins guaranteed” every year?

If Cowboy fans speak well of their team (like, say, Steeler fans), they’re labeled arrogant and delusional.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Always remember that media gets paid for views and clicks. Controversy gets views and clicks. This was true a century ago with newspaper sales, just as it's true today.
Saying something controversial about the Cowboys, the Yankees, the Lakers, etc gets you the most views and clicks in sports. It's that simple. Cowherd is NOT a football expert, he is NOT a sports expert. He just knows how to get views and clicks.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Always remember that media gets paid for views and clicks. Controversy gets views and clicks. This was true a century ago with newspaper sales, just as it's true today.
Saying something controversial about the Cowboys, the Yankees, the Lakers, etc gets you the most views and clicks in sports. It's that simple. Cowherd is NOT a football expert, he is NOT a sports expert. He just knows how to get views and clicks.
who the F is an "Expert?" The guy has been in the sports industry for 30 years and he knows his stuff. I normally agree with much of what he says.... but I tire of anything he says about the Cowboys as he is sometimes like SAS... exaggerates to get a bigger crowd.

Shannon Sharpe is incredibly smart and I can listen to him for hours..... on his podcast. I cant stand to listen to the character he is forced to play on Undisputed. By the way, I dont even watch any sports shows anymore.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowherd DOES have some good takes, and of course my brother KNOWS that most of Cowherd’s takes prioritize click$ with sensationalism. He’s just annoyed by it. We all take part in things that are at times annoying . Where does perfection exist? He watches these shows more than many of us do, but I don’t consider myself superior in any way. At least he’s not watching The Masked Singer or The Bachelorette!
It’s not about being inferior or superior, it’s about gaining more information and knowledge. Like with me and baseball. I’m a very casual fan.

Some fans simply don’t have or make the time. I have many close friends and family who don’t take the time or it’s not a priority.

More casual fans . Like most fans . And that’s fine. Everyone can conduct themselves as they see fit. Shoot, some fans don’t even watch all of the games.

I’m not meaning to be judgemental. There’s all types of fans. Not everyone has the time, means or energy to be a Diehard fanatic. They just aren’t the fans I look to for their insight and perspective on Cowboys Football.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
ESPN did a segment on the Cowboys yesterday saying they regressed because we lost Zeke and replaced him with Jones. They also said that losing Kellen for MM is a downgrade. The kicker is that they think our secondary is the same because Gilmore is older and not the same player he was in 19. :facepalm:

baltcowboy

Reaction score

This Cowboys team has the best chance to win a Super Bowl since the days of the triplets. I don’t think we are far behind the Chiefs, Eagles or 49ers. So I think we can win the Super Bowl this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I used to listen to Cowerd on morning drive on ESPN radio. I liked his take and attitude on many issues. I even bought his book but then I love sports personality books.

Since he moved to Fox ,he’s taken a more abrasive approach. I don’t see him in the same light on TV as radio. He’s become like many of the others looking solely for ratings instead of substance. Totally turned off.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This Cowboys team has the best chance to win a Super Bowl since the days of the triplets. I don’t think we are far behind the Chiefs, Eagles or 49ers. So I think we can win the Super Bowl this year.
The NFC is definitely for the taking . Fortunately all of the stud teams and Elite QB’s are in AFC.

It’s difficult to say how close we are. Until we can break thru to a championship game.

But I would agree. This could be our best team since the 90’s and at least 2007. We’ll see how other teams progress in our division and conference who could surpass us like Phil did last year.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Trading Cooper did turn into a pretty big deal last year, and losing Moore and Schultz could too. However, there are also potential reasons to be excited concerning those things. 1) We replaced Cooper this year with a player at least on his level in Cooks. 2) McCarthy will be calling plays and adding more of his offense (which helped Green Bay win a Super Bowl) and Moore's offense has floundered against San Fran in back-to-back playoffs. 3) Ferguson and Hendershot look like they could step up and be at least as good as Schultz (of course, they could also flub their shot at the top role).
We are not going to miss Schultz. He's a JAG that would alternate between flashes of brilliance and bone headed stupidity. He's also not a complete TE. Easily replaced.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The NFC is definitely for the taking . Fortunately all of the stud teams and Elite QB’s are in AFC.

It’s difficult to say how close we are. Until we can break thru to a championship game.

But I would agree. This could be our best team since the 90’s and at least 2007. We’ll see how other teams progress in our division and conference who could surpass us like Phil did last year.
The 2007 team was not going to beat the Patriots. Just a bad matchup for our defense that year but we should have went to the Super Bowl.

ESisback

Reaction score
True! Most know that, many still criticize it.

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s not about being inferior or superior, it’s about gaining more information and knowledge. Like with me and baseball. I’m a very casual fan.

Some fans simply don’t have or make the time. I have many close friends and family who don’t take the time or it’s not a priority.

More casual fans . Like most fans . And that’s fine. Everyone can conduct themselves as they see fit. Shoot, some fans don’t even watch all of the games.

I’m not meaning to be judgemental. There’s all types of fans. Not everyone has the time, means or energy to be a Diehard fanatic. They just aren’t the fans I look to for their insight and perspective on Cowboys Football.
You may not mean it, but the way you frame it—many will take it as arrogant and condescending. Also, ignoring insight from everyone that doesn’t obsess over it like many here is limiting your resources, isn’t it?

“Oh, he doesn’t spend seven hours daily going over stats and reading articles like me, so he has nothing to offer.” Not a good take.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
BUt saying I think this team is capable and on par with the other contenders is different than what the TV media portrays. They make it like we are all at the bars buying drinks for everyone as we proclaim the greatness of the team while screaming out, thats it, this is the year we will win the SB.

After the first 10 games the way our defense was playing, I said we had as good a chance as any to win it.... and we did. Then Dak happened.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We are not going to miss Schultz. He's a JAG that would alternate between flashes of brilliance and bone headed stupidity. He's also not a complete TE. Easily replaced.
Schultz was 11th among tight ends in catches last year (for the second straight year, I believe), which means he was better than 21 other starting tight ends in that category. He was 11th among tight ends in yards, which means he was better than 22 other starting tight ends in that category. He also was tied for eighth in TDs by a tight end.

Some of you have a different definition of JAG than I do. Was he great? No. Can we possibly do better? Yes. But he wasn't a JAG. He's a solid, middle-of-the-pack starting NFL tight end.

morasp

Reaction score
I've honestly gotten extremely tired of all of the drama surrounding the Cowboys and have quit watching it. Just tell me who is singed and who isn't, not who they might be talking to.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My brother gets all fired up over guys like Cowherd, who says Dallas fans are delusional. Cowherd says we dismiss losing Cooper, Kellen Moore and Shultz like it’s no big deal. I tell my brother three things: 1)that dissing Dallas is a bestseller, 2)EVERY franchise has delusional fans, and 3)Cowherd doesn’t know the Cowboys like we do. We all know Cooper kinda disappeared his last year. The same thing happened in Oakland. We also know that Shultz was no Jason Witten, and we also have Ferguson and Hendershot. Kellen Moore? Great stats, but the WR routes were weak and predictable, and WHY were we running empty sets in the RZ when our backs are averaging 5.3 ypc?

These “journalists” aren’t worth the fuss! But I’m having trouble convincing my brother.
If Cowherd were to read this board, he'd see there's nothing he can say that wouldn't be proven wrong by at least 10% of the Cowboys fans.