Marcus Spears nails it 100%

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think most fans buy Jerry's BS. We are just Cowboy fans and we root for the team in spite of him not b/c of him or anything he says.
As a % there are still enough out there that keep buying the gear and the tickets. Enough to make it the most valuable franchise in the world. That's what I mean by gullible fanbase, hence the success of the grift.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, I've bought into it several times over the years. Seduced into Jerry's siren songs and my own foolish delusions of grandeur only to realize too late I got conned, again.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He is right. But the problem goes so far back and he set a trend that agents feed on.

He bought the team and poached Deon Sanders and Norton. Along the way there was a thing with Emmitt where his contract ran out and he didn’t have one. Emmitt wanted to stay but wanted to get paid and he was a generational player that deserves it. He paid.

Along the way there have been several that JJ maybe sees as players he needs but agents abused him. They knew how to work it.

Ware was worth it but other contracts left us with no money for other talent. Paid Romo.

But Dez took him. So much for the discount. Along the way he kicked the can and was far behind.

Then D-Law and his agent held out a shoulder surgery but JJ believes he needed him. Cost us his services for 1/2 a year. For a guy that’s good against the run. The sacks dropped off.

Elliot held out 2 years early and got paid.

Dak should have been paid cheaper before wentz got his contract. Now we would see he may or may not be for us. Could have moved on.

He believes in players and they become family to him. He has become older and sentimental. But at the same time he is stubborn and thinks it still can work with him in control.

IT CAN NOT. AND NOT HIS SON EITHER. SJ is the opposite. He thinks he can plug a hole cheap with lesser talent if he has 3 or 4 players. If it’s up to him he will miss free agents that are not looking for big money.

Let McClay take over. Or someone that agents will know will play ball but your not going to take advantage in every contract.

Its getting to the point the fans aren’t cheering the players anymore. They wanted to come here to where the star and get paid and have the country club life. The HC ain’t in charge the players are. Now the owner and son are losing the team and the fans and they have to know soon the money. Soon players will want out. Sure some will take the big pay day and know they are not getting a ring. But if Parsons plays this year and asks JJ for a trade then maybe he will start getting it.

Bottom line. The jig is up. It’s coming quick if they don’t do something smart. Which means listening to someone else.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Paying Dak $160 million worst decision in sports history. Everything else pales in comparison. They ain’t going nowhere if they had Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. Dak cant deliver. He is done. He is toast. Dont put us fans in hell for the next few years with this sub average qb. He sucks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Paying Dak $160 million worst decision in sports history. Everything else pales in comparison. They ain’t going nowhere if they had Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. Dak cant deliver. He is done. He is toast. Dont put us fans in hell for the next few years with this sub average qb. He sucks.
Did he get paid before the ankle injury. He could have paid Dak cheaper than wentz before wentz got paid. Dak wanted a shorter contract so he could cash in again later. If JJ paid him the contract would have ended likely the year he was injured. Could have extended him for 1 more year on a prove it deal. He was playing as good or better than the top 3 qbs chosen that year. He looked to be worth it. Pay him then and have money now for the rest of the team. JJ gambled, or SJ did..

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Problem is, when does the noise actually reach the Jones' boys? When does the media start hounding on this FO? As somebody else mentioned earlier in the thread, all the Cowboys' local media always tiptoe around and make sure not to upset the billionaire owner. The media needs to dangle this FO over the fire.

The fans need to be heard. Start booing at games. Start wearing paper bags over your heads at games. Stop buying tickets. Stop buying merchandise.

It seems like for all the frustration this fanbase has endured, it just keeps being status quo.

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Someone made a post recently that Jerry raised the ticket prices by 20%. This after doing nothing to improve the roster and only shedding talent and creating more holes. They also sat on 22 million of cap space. No one is buying their BS anymore.
I have been saying this for a couple of years now...Jerry Jones doesn't have nearly as much money as everyone thinks.Got lots of mouths to feed....and lots of hands out.

Add in the fact....the system is flawed in Dallas....too many chefs in the kitchen...too much input...being thrown @ the wall. Lack of a single voice of reason...which equats to a lack of leadership.

This is a ship with too many captains...and it's not going anywhere.

GINeric

Reaction score
Marcus and Foxworth said it all. This team has holes. The smart and intelligent fans understand this, but its the dumb, low IQ fans who blame all of that on Dak. No quarterback can uplift a lackluster offense with limited players and a GM who doesn't have a clue how to fill holes on the roster.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They're already the richest team in the world. They don't have to try to make money because they make it, regardless.

They're incompetent football people. Saying they don't try to win is giving them a pass for this incompetence.

Yes. I'm still convinced that Jerry believes this is the way to win. He and Stephen are both overreactionary. Jerry for years was willing to throw the most money at free agents believing that he could buy success while putting minimum effort into the draft, pretty much just handing it over to a buddy, Larry Lacewell. Then, he finally got persuaded (by Parcells) that having people who knew how to draft was very important but started to think that free agency wasn't the path to success because a few failures in it convinced him that you don't get what you pay for.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Yes. I'm still convinced that Jerry believes this is the way to win. He and Stephen are both overreactionary. Jerry for years was willing to throw the most money at free agents believing that he could buy success while putting minimum effort into the draft, pretty much just handing it over to a buddy, Larry Lacewell. Then, he finally got persuaded (by Parcells) that having people who knew how to draft was very important but started to think that free agency wasn't the path to success because a few failures in it convinced him that you don't get what you pay for.
The main problem is the Jones have no idea how to evaluate talent so they don’t know what their moneys worth even getting players in FA

RS12

Reaction score
I have been saying this for a couple of years now...Jerry Jones doesn't have nearly as much money as everyone thinks.Got lots of mouths to feed....and lots of hands out.

Add in the fact....the system is flawed in Dallas....too many chefs in the kitchen...too much input...being thrown @ the wall. Lack of a single voice of reason...which equats to a lack of leadership.

This is a ship with too many captains...and it's not going anywhere.
Your wrong. He is making a fortune robbing the Europeans blind at the moment selling natural gas.