Marcus Vick in case you haven't heard

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:
WHAT?!?!?!

I don't recall anyone saying such a thing. Anyone that said that is completely clueless.

Marcus Vick would be a waste of ANY draft pick, including a 7th rounder. I'm with Dbair on this one.

If you watched any VT football it was pretty clear that many analysts said he was the far superior passer at the time compared to michael at the same stage in his career...I actually think Michael Vick admitted the same.

Now when it was said it was only talking about his skills in comparison to older brothers passing skills at the same stage of their careers in college.

So...that was a comparison and conclusion many had at the time.

I don't think anyone ever said he would be a better NFL QB.

Just wanted to clarify that.

wxcpo

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
I agree. To say Michael Vick isn't talented and will be out of football in two years is absolutely absurd. He may not be the pocket QB that you want to see, but he gets the job done and is the most dangerous man in the NFL with the ball in his hand.

He definitely won't be out of football in 2 years, because he will still have his legs. Once his legs go though he will either be out of the NFL or will become a 3rd stringer that moves from team to team each season, much the way Kordell Stewart has.

calico

Reaction score
Rack said:
Never go by what a commentator for any given game says. They ALWAYS overhype the player they're covering that week.

Brent Mussberger (sp?) said the Ohio State QB (forget his name) was the best in the nation. They just say those things to keep the audience into the game.

This was almost every week of the year...especially during Texas games...he wanted Va Tech in over Texas in the polls until Miami killed that.

juice28

Reaction score
wxcpo said:
He definitely won't be out of football in 2 years, because he will still have his legs. Once his legs go though he will either be out of the NFL or will become a 3rd stringer that moves from team to team each season, much the way Kordell Stewart has.

I agree. I wonder if Mike Vick was our QB, would everyone think he "sucked" so much. I don't want to be confused/classified a Vick-lover. However, I must admit, whenever I watch him play, it's exciting to see. He brings another dimension to the game, good or bad.

Is he a future HOF? Probably not.

Should he be mentioned in a "Best QB ever" convo? NO!

But "suck"! That's a strong word. (right up there with hate). I can understand his below average QB play, which is why I'm still upset he made the PB, but the guy can change the game effortlessly. D-Coordinators scheme up new defenses just to stop HIM. Not the offense, just him. That's talent, anyway you look at it.:)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
I agree. To say Michael Vick isn't talented and will be out of football in two years is absolutely absurd. He may not be the pocket QB that you want to see, but he gets the job done and is the most dangerous man in the NFL with the ball in his hand.

no he isnt...he's a turnover waiting to happen

teams have started to figure him out because he isnt much of a passer, he is a totally one dimensional QB, and his one dimension isnt the "one" you want a QB to have if its only one dimension

the media and alot of fans bough into the incredible hype parade put on for this clown, and he's turned into nothing more than a prima donna who whines and cries almost on a weekly basis...his passing ability is not even 2nd rate, its 3rd rate, but somebody tried to make him into the Michael Jordan of the NFL and he isnt anywhere close to that...never has been and never will

David

kartr

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Why so much hate towards Michael Vick? The guy's a Pro Bowl QB ... like it or not, agree or not. He was playing in Hawaii!!!

What's with the anger towards the young man? Over-hyped? Maybe. But why down play his talent.

He's the leader of the Falcons. Led them to an NFC title game in 2004. Give him credit.

Is he a gun slinger? No.

Is he a well rounder QB? Probably not.

But he's the leader of an NFL team and a Pro Bowler at that.

Put down the Haterade.

Some people would rather not go to the playoffs than to have a 'mobile qb'. They don't seem to care that Vick doesn't have a good LT either.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
kartr said:
Some people would rather not go to the playoffs than to have a 'mobile qb'. They don't seem to care that Vick doesn't have a good LT either.

the "mobile" qb's= zero super bowl wins

put that in your pipe and smoke it

dont give me Staubach, Montana or Yougn either..those guys were tremendous passing QB's

David