Marinelli and ST Coach are the biggest issue with this team

HungryLion

Reaction score
I blame Marinelli for the the rush men schemes, which are largely aimed to get after the QB. I blame Richard for the fact the defensive back 7 plays soft, very vanilla pass defense. That's his responsibility. He's done a crappy job at it. As Aikman said, we play a lot of single high safety and teams know it and exploit it........... that's on Richard.

He's as culpable for this defense as Marinelli. I don't see any value in trying to give him less of the blame.

It’s maddening. Single high safety only works at a high level if you actually have a great safety, with range, who can cover ground quickly and make a play on the ball.

Richard calls his defense like he has Earl Thomas back there covering the deep middle. And he doesn’t have anyone who is anywhere close to that.

Just another example of the coaching, failings to adjust for their personnel which is a staple of the Garrett era.

OttoWest

Reaction score
That doesn't mean anything. Marinelli turned over play calling to Richard, but it's still his job to ensure that his defense is being called and is being executed in the manner that it is supposed to. If Marinelli is going to delegate his responsibility to Richard then it's Marinelli's job to make sure that Richard is actually performing it correctly. Just as it is Jason Garrett's job to follow up with Marinelli and Richard and ask them why their defense has more holes than a Disney Star Wars plot.

It means that Richard assumed his share of the responsibility for the entire Defense, not just the secondary. As I said, Marinelli needs to go. As does Richard. Along with the entire coaching staff.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
No.

Rod is the DC.

Blame Rod for the mess.

He's been able to survive this long blaming other people for his busted scheme.
Rod certainly deserves his fair share of the blame, but you keep moving the goalposts.

@Otto65 said he was fairly certain that Richard was calling the plays. You're response was "you are wrong".

He was absolutely correct and that's what I challenged you on. Telling someone they are wrong on something that most average Cowboy fans have known for 2 years says you did not know what you were talking about.

That was my one and only reason why I responded to your post. Everyone who has their hands on this defense deserve blame, including most of the players.