Marinelli doesn't like to blitz but we desperately need to get more pressure

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I know Marinelli doesn't like to blitz but we desperately need to get more pressure. We blitzed 5 times on passing downs last week. For the season Dallas has generated 21 pressures, which is DEAD LAST in the league. In fact, we are a full 10 behind the next worst team.

Whether that means blitzing, benching Hayden for Irving in all passing situations, moving Hardy and Mincey inside to have (Lawrence,Mincey,Hardy,Gregory) all play passing downs or whatever it may take, we need to get after the QB.

Perhaps that could impact why we are on historic pace for lack of takeaways.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I know Marinelli doesn't like to blitz but we desperately need to get more pressure. We blitzed 5 times on passing downs last week. For the season Dallas has generated 21 pressures, which is DEAD LAST in the league. In fact, we are a full 10 behind the next worst team.

Whether that means blitzing, benching Hayden for Irving in all passing situations, moving Hardy and Mincey inside to have (Lawrence,Mincey,Hardy,Gregory) all play passing downs or whatever it may take, we need to get after the QB.

Perhaps that could impact why we are on historic pace for lack of takeaways.

Yes this guy doesn't get it.. We just need to keep blitzing,!!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The lack of any pressure whatsoever is one of the greatest mysteries to me.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He needs to take page from the movie Remember the Titans when the def coordinator told his defense "I want you to blitz all night long. I don't want them to gain another yard or I'll take every last one of you out. So help me god. I want them to remember the night they play the Cowboys."

RunDMC

Reaction score
The lack of any pressure whatsoever is one of the greatest mysteries to me.

Not really.

You can't stop the run and it's hard to get a lot of pressure.

Teams can open up their play book and stay out of obvious passing situations.

We have enough rushers. We need to get a 1T who can eat up space and give TC some one one opportunities and find a replacement for McClain.

Do that and we can pin our ears back more next season.

Also there's the Romo factor. Pass rush will be fine.

fifaguy

Reaction score
He needs to take page from the movie Remember the Titans when the def coordinator told his defense "I want you to blitz all night long. I don't want them to gain another yard or I'll take every last one of you out. So help me god. I want them to remember the night they play the Cowboys."

^^^ So much this..

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Not really.

You can't stop the run and it's hard to get a lot of pressure.

Teams can open up their play book and stay out of obvious passing situations.

We have enough rushers. We need to get a 1T who can eat up space and give TC some one one opportunities and find a replacement for McClain.

Do that and we can pin our ears back more next season.

Also there's the Romo factor. Pass rush will be fine.

The bengals rank dead last in yards per carry yet have 23 sacks.

RunDMC

Reaction score
The bengals rank dead last in yards per carry yet have 23 sacks.

They also have one of the most explosive offenses in the league. When you get ahead like that you can get after teams and they won't run as much so the numbers can be a bit inflated.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
They also have one of the most explosive offenses in the league. When you get ahead like that you can get after teams and they won't run as much so the numbers can be a bit inflated.

This requires some kind of regression analysis that I'm not willing to do.

FaSho

Reaction score
What? Hardy and Crawford both have double digit pressures.

Are you talking about # of blitzes?

Must mean blitzes. Just read on dc.com that Crawford and Hardy are both tied for 2nd in pressures, with 14 each.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
He does it in the 1st quarter in every game on a passing down and the Cowboys look great when they do blitz. From the 2nd quarter on down, he relies on the front 4 and I don't get it.

Hopefully it is him not sending the blitz and not Garrett because if the Cowboys can get another DC, we will need someone who isn't afraid to blitz However, if it is Garrett's call to not send much pressure, then it really doesn't matter who is the DC.

canters

Reaction score
I have not givne up all hope that Gregory will get more time and make a difference.