News: Mark Lane Passed Away

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gosh... And it's funny because I just went to his twitter to see if I'd missed any of his posts.

I didn't know him as Emperor. I knew him as Mark through twitter. He was an encyclopedia of Cowboys knowledge and I know for sure I posted tons of his tweets, because he seemed to know even the most randomest of info.

Condolences to his family and friends. :(

Blackrain

Reaction score
The Emporer (Emp) used to be on the official cowboys forum years ago and used to post videos. He used to get in many heated discussions as well because he lived and breathed Cowboys. I know first-hand because as a mod on that site, I had many discussions with him.

RIP Emp.
Met him on the old forum I think we were all MAMed at one time or another.
He read many books on the Cowboys and was very knowledgeable of their history if you got into a conversation with him you better be able to back up all of your opinions with facts.

Rest in peace Emp

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am stunned. Can't believe Emp is gone. Way too soon. Sad to hear he passed away due to ailing health issues with his lungs and childhood cancer. He and I used to get after each other in the old forums. lol He fought and defended Romo until the very end, but he always was a true diehard Cowboys fan. His YouTube show was very entertaining (Cowboys Imperial Report). He and I eventually became good friends, but I lost touch with him around 2017. Going to miss him. Much love brother. Rest in Heaven.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I am stunned. Can't believe Emp is gone. Way too soon. Sad to hear he passed away due to ailing health issues with his lungs and childhood cancer. He and I used to get after each other in the old forums. lol He fought and defended Romo until the very end, but he always was a true diehard Cowboys fan. His YouTube show was very entertaining (Cowboys Imperial Report). He and I eventually became good friends, but I lost touch with him around 2017. Going to miss him. Much love brother. Rest in Heaven.

I had some spirited debates with the emperor myself and I will go on record as saying he was probably the most well-prepared debater on the forum at the time
I had a great amount of knowledge from just living the past history in the moment but the emperor studied the Cowboys Read books on them like he was going for his doctorate.

He taught me you better have your facts straight and your data compiled before you face off against him.
He would chew you up and spit you out if you didn't come prepared.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I had some spirited debates with the emperor myself and I will go on record as saying he was probably the most well-prepared debater on the forum at the time
I had a great amount of knowledge from just living the past history in the moment but the emperor studied the Cowboys Read books on them like he was going for his doctorate.

He taught me you better have your facts straight and your data compiled before you face off against him.
He would chew you up and spit you out if you didn't come prepared.
Lol...so true brother. Then he would MAM you to death!

Blackrain

Reaction score
Lol...so true brother. Then he would MAM you to death!
Probably you and I and a couple others know what MAM ment I believe it was short for Marcus Aurelius Maximus.

I was Rawhide 74 way back then and I believe he liked TO also correct me if I'm wrong.

I remember having a real donnybrook with him over TO leading the league in drops one year.

Last edited: