Markquese Bell

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I don't know if that will work unless the practice squad protection is still in effect. He was highly sought after after the draft. The Cowboys gave him 200,000 guarantee and 15k signing bonus. They like this kid.
Hey Dre , I remember you from the Ranch back in the day. Anyway I called Pet Cat on this dude day one. He appears to have that special something that leads to a roster spot.

I am definitely pulling for my guy

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I like the safety from GA tech too. We hate on Jerry and Stephen about the safety position but it's looking pretty good lately.

Dre11

Reaction score
A little more on him. He came out of New Jersey as a 4 star recruit and committed to Maryland over Michigan and Ohio State but wasn't able to play there was expelled from team for violating a team rule. He had to tranfer to a Juco college for a year, he then was offered by Nebraska and South Carolina but decided to go to FAMU instead.

conner01

Reaction score
T
Maybe, just maybe he can compete for Kearse job within a couple of years
hat would be perfect
Ideally that’s what you want in every case. One guy ready to replace the guy in front of him
That keeps you from having to reach in a draft and having to over pay guys

Dre11

Reaction score
In a pass happy league we need safeties that can cover though. That's why Kearse is a starter. He can do it all.

He played well his Junior year as a deep safety. He played close to the line his senior year, he can do both.

Reactions: BAT

quickccc

Reaction score
Hoping this kid impresses and make the team. I coached with a guy who says he's a cousin of his(confirmed by my wife who is from Bridgeton, NJ) Bell is from Bridgeton, NJ. Heard and read that this guy has some Sean Taylor type ability. Living here in Maryland seeing Taylor play, if this guy is half of what Taylor was we may have found a gem.

Sean Taylor ability .. yet went undrafted ?

- Seems like the measurements are there 6'4 ., 212 lbs ... 4.41 speed
... but does he play up to those measurements on the playing field ?
Is he a ball hawk ?.... 1 one INT in 2021

- He may need to be on a practice squad or special teams on NFL roster for before he can emerge.
My expectations are low risk/high reward.

- Cowboys coaches got far more out of special teams core guy Jayvon Kearse than anyone ever imagine.
Maybe in due time, Bell can follow that same pathway .

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hoping this kid impresses and make the team. I coached with a guy who says he's a cousin of his(confirmed by my wife who is from Bridgeton, NJ) Bell is from Bridgeton, NJ. Heard and read that this guy has some Sean Taylor type ability. Living here in Maryland seeing Taylor play, if this guy is half of what Taylor was we may have found a gem.

I don’t know anything about Ball.

That being said. If you’re a safety, having DQ as your defensive coordinator is a major positive.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
This kid has a shot to make the team. He needs a strong camp and can push to do special teams and intertwine w hooker Kearse and Wilson. Hooker and Kearse are on cheap two year deals. Bell could make his way to be a starter down the line

Proof

Reaction score
yeah saw a bunch of salty reactions from them. always a nice bonus

Mannix

Reaction score
If he can shut down Noah Brown in practice, we'll know that we really have something.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I hope he's a diamond in the rough
But he was not drafted for a reason.