Twitter: Markus Paul has passed

Cmac

Reaction score
There ain't nothing wrong with a man having a tear roll down his face......today, we find leadership.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
list of causes of high blood pressure:
Being overweight is absolutely a cause of high blood pressure. Not sure where you re getting your info from.

Umm. That's not a ranked list genius

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Seeing all the lives coach touched makes it so much harder we lost a good one.

Rest easy coach

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Being overweight or obese.
It is not. Top cause of high blood pressure is genetics.
Why is always about who is right or wrong?! Being coach Paul was very young & in good shape, anything could have caused his death. Especially, clogged arteries.

Enjoy the day & be thankful for everything you have because in a blink of an eye, it can all be gone!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, this is to bad, but, not to be disrespectful, he had it coming...we all do.
RIP Coach

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Why is always about who is right or wrong?! Being coach Paul was very young & in good shape, anything could have caused his death. Especially, clogged arteries.

Enjoy the day & be thankful for everything you have because in a blink of an eye, it can all be gone!

It isn't about being right. It is about pushing back against harmful, stigmatizing misinformation. Just being in shape isn't the answer to everything. It helps but genetic predisposition is far more important. Failing to recognize that blames people for health problems that they inherited

Londonboy

Reaction score
Moving tribute paid to Him by Shaun Gayle His former Bears Teammate on Sky TV, We clearly lost a Quality Individual Who will be greatly missed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Paul played his HS Football in Kissimmee Florida. He was actually a pretty good QB in HS, as well as DB. All State in fact. Paul played for the Orange in College and would eventually be named First Team All American. In 89, he was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 4th round. He would spend 4 seasons in the league, all with Chicago but for a few games in Tampa in 93.

In 98, Paul managed to land a job with the Saints, working for Mike Woicik (now you know the link to the Cowboys) as the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. Markus would join New England in 2000 and would spend 5 season in New England. After New England, he would move on to the Jets as their Director of Physical Development. In 2007, he would joing the Giants and finally, in 2018 he would become a member of the Dallas Cowboys. During his career, he would win 5 Super Bowls.

Now, as your read over this career, it seems as if Paul had a bit of a workman type career in the NFL. Some might think that outside of the Super Bowls, there was nothing really that stood out. I don't really see it that way, myself. See, I look at Paul's career and I see a lunch pale guy who did nothing but get up and show up, for work each and every day. See, I think there is a lot to be said about that. I've heard it said that great and successful people aren't really great and successful until they step out on a limb and kind of put some risk into it. As you read over Paul's career I don't know if you see a lot of that but I don't really agree with that. I think there is a ton to be proud of as a guy who gets up everyday and just puts in the hard work. A guy who you can count on, that you know will be there every single day. I say Paul had a pretty damn fine career in the NFL, all things considered.

Markus Paul leaves behind a family. But not just a family that is personally related to him but a family in the Bears, a family in the Bucs, a family in the Saints, a family in Jets, the Giants and finally, a family with the Dallas Cowboys. I send my thanks and condolences to Paul's entire family. Gone too soon............

RIP Markus Paul (April 1, 1966 – November 25, 2020)

rags

Reaction score
Before the game today, it was mentioned that the Cowboys were going to wear a decal on the back of their helmets with the initials MP on it in tribute.