BREAKING NEWS Markus Paul (S&C Coach) hospitalized from medical emergency - **Updated -- Post 202**

Status
Not open for further replies.

plymkr

Reaction score
Aneurysm? Sounds like it. Tragic. I pray for him and his family.
That's what I was thinking. My grandmother passed away from an aneurysm in '95. She was pronounced brain dead but her body lived for a couple more hours.

I'm hoping that the reports of this wrong and he wasn't pronounced brain dead. Man, what a traumatic day for the Paul family. I'll be praying for them. Very sad.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not for brain death and ECMO is not a fix it’s only a temporary assist like dialysis but for the lungs...ECMO is dependent on good cardiac function also. No doctor would place a cardiac assist device like an impella or balloon pump To aid in heart function of a pt is brain dead...I would hate to speculate but at some point this certainly had cardiac involvement.
Yeah....I don't like to speculate either...but he may have cardiac arrested, and the medical team was giving him CPR till paramedics arrived. Not sure how equipped the Cowboys medical team is as far as having intubation equipment. He could very well have been deprived of oxygen for a while till paramedics showed up.....possibly causing him to be anoxic, which can lead to brain death. Again....this is totally a guess on my part. I'm sure we will learn more in due time.

Ky31

Reaction score
My mother had a fatal problem during surgery at the Mayo clinic in Phoenix while trying to repair an aortic valve replacement.
She ended up on an ECMO till I had to make the horrific choice to pull the plug.
I’m sorry to hear this...as a RN I find such gratitude in providing end of life care, it is the ultimate honor in my profession...likewise you have your mother the ultimate gift in a terrible situation!! I am proud to say this to you and even more proud that you would share this...thank you!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear this...as a RN I find such gratitude in providing end of life care, it is the ultimate honor in my profession...likewise you have your mother the ultimate gift in a terrible situation!! I am proud to say this to you and even more proud that you would share this...thank you!!
Now I'm going to cry for a second. Thank you for the kind words.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My mother had a fatal problem during surgery at the Mayo clinic in Phoenix while trying to repair an aortic valve replacement.
She ended up on an ECMO till I had to make the horrific choice to pull the plug.
I'm so sorry you had to make that decision. I'm sure there's no way to feel 100% sure of it, no matter how improbable or impossible the chances are of recovery.

Corso

Reaction score
I'm so sorry you had to make that decision. I'm sure there's no way to feel 100% sure of it, no matter how improbable or impossible the chances are of recovery.
It happened March of '14.
I still have nightmares and sometimes it gets to me so harshly I have to start yelling random words to try to get my mind in another direction.
She was my everything, but I'm not here to make this about me.

I worry so very much for Mr. Paul and his family that are probably going to have to make the same decision.
Such an awful, awful situation.

John813

Reaction score
Man this thread is depressing Rollercoaster.

From not knowing what happened, to reading he died, then to hes still alive to he could be brain dead. And some sad personal stories.

Was hoping to check back in to see he's in serious but stable condition at least.

Definitely makes me count every day as a blessing and to reach out to family members and them I love em.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am sorry that you had to go through this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope I never have to make that decision but I know I might have to as my parents have written down that I have the power to.

Corso

Reaction score
I am sorry that you had to go through this. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope I never have to make that decision but I know I might have to as my parents have written down that I have the power to.
She didn't get to see me get to 40 years old. She didn't get to see my largest payday and recognition. The things she knew would happen. She didn't get to see it.
I hate those things, but life happens how it happens sometimes.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. My grandmother passed away from an aneurysm in '95. She was pronounced brain dead but her body lived for a couple more hours.

I'm hoping that the reports of this wrong and he wasn't pronounced brain dead. Man, what a traumatic day for the Paul family. I'll be praying for them. Very sad.

Yes aneurysms are silent killers. Really a ticking time bomb that can go off at anytime.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
Man sorry to hear that. Very tough thing to have to go through. You are a good man for being there and caring for her.

stiletto

Reaction score

Yeah I am sorry for Corso too. No one wants to have to make a decision like that but it's better there is someone to make it if you don't want to end up a vegetable or basically dead/breathing by a machine with no hope. I think the best gift you can give to loved ones is a Will that makes it really clear what you want done should you become incapacitated permanently. I have pretty low standards though. For me it's over if I can't wipe my own arse. That's it for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.