Marooned! The Movie Version

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, I know the staff likes removing my !'s but they are necessary for this thread to build excitement and a sense of urgency in the players. If I just tell them they're marooned they'll just go "so what" but put six !'s behind that and it is lump in the throat time.

Here's the situation. You are going to be marooned for an undetermined amount of time (less for those of you that have been giving me Likes) and are only allowed to take certain items along. There will be a big screen, Blu Ray player and surround sound already there for you because this is Geek Island. But no puter, pad, phone and no streaming, you will be limited to the selections you take with you.

You will be allowed to take five movies with you, one in each of the genres allowed. You can select one from Action/Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Horror and Western. That's one each, not a trilogy like The Godfather.

Pick carefully and no changing because another poster puts up one you forgot. Maybe you'll be close enough to that poster's island to swim over for an exchange but did I mention the sharks? Sharks that make Jaws look like Nemo.

OK, what are your five selections?

Well, that didn't take long, threads is up < a minute and whammo!, five !'s gone just like that.

Last edited:

lukin2006

Reaction score
Action/Adventure. Saving Private Ryan

Comedy. Breakfast Club

Horror. Scream

Drama. Philadelphia

Western. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mine are:

Action/Adventure: Return of the King
Comedy: 1941
Horror: Kong: Skull Island This will keep me alert
Drama: The Godfather
Western: Good, Bad and the Ugly

timb2

Reaction score
Action-The Warriors

Comedy-Monty Python's In Search of the Holy Grail

Horror=Audition

Drama-Midnight Express

Western-The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Action - the original Predator or True Lies
Comedy - Something About Mary
Horror - Jaws, even though it isn't a real horror movie
Drama - Titanic
Western - Tombstone

I would think Castaway would be a good choice somewhere :lmao:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, that didn't take long, threads is up < a minute and whammo!, five !'s gone just like that.

You should go read this thread ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/posting-tips-for-posting-threads-on-cowboys-zone.419795/

From that page ..

Threads -- Avoid using anything in thread titles meant to draw attention to your thread visually!

Along with CAPITALIZED words, parenthesis, asterisks, etc., you should avoid trying to visually draw attention to your thread. Why? Thread titles should draw users in based on their content, not "look at me!" tactics.

Thread titles that use characters and other methods to draw attention to them will almost always be edited or rewritten completely by the staff. In some cases, they will be deleted if the staff feels the title was an outright attempt at attention grabbing.

To be clear though, I wrote a heuristic system long ago for the site that filters and cleans up thread titles automatically. So, publicly complaining about the moderation of the site (which is against the rules) is rather off base since it was the site itself that did it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
western-a fistful of dollars
horror-day the earth stood still...original 50s classic.
comedy-monty python holy grail.
action/adventure-first blood.
drama-Jailhouse Rock

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You should go read this thread ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/posting-tips-for-posting-threads-on-cowboys-zone.419795/

From that page ..

Threads -- Avoid using anything in thread titles meant to draw attention to your thread visually!

Along with CAPITALIZED words, parenthesis, asterisks, etc., you should avoid trying to visually draw attention to your thread. Why? Thread titles should draw users in based on their content, not "look at me!" tactics.

Thread titles that use characters and other methods to draw attention to them will almost always be edited or rewritten completely by the staff. In some cases, they will be deleted if the staff feels the title was an outright attempt at attention grabbing.

To be clear though, I wrote a heuristic system long ago for the site that filters and cleans up thread titles automatically. So, publicly complaining about the moderation of the site (which is against the rules) is rather off base since it was the site itself that did it.
CC wasn't really complaining. That's his sense of humor at work...........Now, WHERE'S YOUR LIST????????????????? :grin:

cowboyec

Reaction score
TV Series Edition
comedy-all in the family
drama-crime story
action/adventure-batman-the animated series
western-hell on wheels
horror-the x-files