Marshall Faulk and Mike Mayock on Felix....

jbsg02

Reaction score
He had a higher YPC average than Reggie Bush in college, that speaks for itself.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You really shouldn't have even wasted your time trying to tell him anything. It's just a waste. Absolutely no one that was available at our picks would've started this year unless we had drafted a fullback, which would've been insane. Seems some are forgetting we had 13 Pro Bowlers and a 13-3 record this past season.

lostinomiya

Reaction score
just checked via youtube and jones, jenkins and pacman...amongst other things our return game will be gooood.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
jbsg02;2056276 said:
He had a higher YPC average than Reggie Bush in college, that speaks for itself.

In fact, he had the highest YPC of anyone in the last 60 years and the second highest of all time.

jbsg02

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2056304 said:
In fact, he had the highest YPC of anyone in the last 60 years and the second highest of all time.

If we can make some holes for him, the safety won't have a chance!

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how this pick works out.

On the surface, we drafted a specialty back and passed on a more all-around type guy in Mendenhall. That could work for us, or blow up in our faces.

If Jones teams with Barber and provides an electric aspect, the pick is gold. If he can't run inside and isn't fast enough to turn the corner, we'll look dumb.

FCBarca

Reaction score
StarMan;2055701 said:
The only guy I've heard knock Felix Jones is Todd McShay. He said Jones just outran everyone to the corner in college and he won't be able to do that in the NFL. From what I've seen of Jones, I think McShay is wrong.

And this is the issue that I feel the Kool aid kids are glossing over...You watch any tape on Felix and you see him trying to get to the oustide and the sidelines...In the NFL, this 'skill' translates into overrated RBs in college finding it a much different story in the pro game...Mendenhall can do many things well and has great vision and cutback ability.

lostinomiya

Reaction score
FCBarca;2056379 said:
And this is the issue that I feel the Kool aid kids are glossing over...You watch any tape on Felix and you see him trying to get to the oustide and the sidelines...In the NFL, this 'skill' translates into overrated RBs in college finding it a much different story in the pro game...Mendenhall can do many things well and has great vision and cutback ability.

yes..as I understand it you draft BPA over need but it SEEMS that a lot of team have drafted need over talent (a few OLs projected for later rounds going in 1st)...or maybe the whole BPA v need thing is too simplistic???

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TEUFELI;2056034 said:
this is me making the ****** signal against my chest.

For future reference, 'the fingerpoint' is not the universal symbol for ******.

newlander

Reaction score
That was my concern about him FCBarca. BUT, Jerry said their plan is to try to get him in space as much as possible: 3rd downs, split wide occasionally(he is a great receiver), and I can definately see him in the slot. And of course he can be used on reverses and RETURNS which M-hall COULDN'T. He really is a different, more versatile RB than M-hall. Does that make him better? No way of knowing. P-burgh's oline is always so solid IMO that M-hall will have a 1,000+ season easily out of the gate.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;2055699 said:
I am very happy with Felix Jones - he is the perfect complement to MB3 -

I had Rice higher but can live with this pick.

I am a Big East guy and have seen Rice play a zillion times and I love the guy, however...... NO WAY do you rank Ray Rice ahead of Felix Jones - that is nonsense. IMO/FWIW

Carry on...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hong2221;2056126 said:
offensive line, safeties, defensive ends, a better rb than felix which can start, and NOT compliment.

useful advice- put down the bong dude

this team just won 13 games, not 3 and had 13 probowlers, not none

David

The Curly One

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2055695 said:
the hater's argument

"he's not ranked as high as Mendenhall"

I am asking a serious question. Why choose number 28 ranked RB over the number 10 ranked?

That is a serious question and not "Just shut up and drink the Koolaid!"

This is not like we had a different need. They are BOTH RB's!

I know some undrafted free agents have walked on and done some great things but on the people who they have researched extensively there has to be a reason why they ranked Mendenhall as the 10th best player in the draft and Jones way down at 28.

I am not saying Jones is a bust but I am saying it did not make any sense to me to pass over Mendenhall.

I can understand Atlanta passing over some good RB's to get a QB because they have a more serious need for a QB than an RB.

Just does not make any sense if you decide on the position you want to fill not to take the best player in that position.
In the end someone is making a mistake, us for picking Jones or the people who ranked Mendenhall much higher.
For now it is what is, so I guess it is time to "Shut up and drink the Koolaid!"

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The Curly One;2057117 said:
I am asking a serious question. Why choose number 28 ranked RB over the number 10 ranked?

I guess we should ask teams 10 through 21. Especially Carolina.