Marshall Faulk and Mike Mayock on Felix....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CPonder14;2055688 said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80801d52

Marshall Faulk

"What I love about the kid, is you cant teach vision, he is able to get into small spaces, make guys miss in tiny spaces and explode."

Mike Mayock

"If you're a defensive player in the NFL, you are not looking forward to playing the Dallas Cowboys"

edit: For some reason the link does not take you to the video. Trust me its there you just have to search for it.

as an aside to this, one of their draft analysts (Tom Waddle, I think he used to be a WR in the NFL) picked Jones for rookie of the yr in 2008...thinks he is going to have a hgue impact

David

CoCo

Reaction score
dbair1967;2055890 said:
as an aside to this, one of their draft analysts (Tom Waddle, I think he used to be a WR in the NFL) picked Jones for rookie of the yr in 2008...thinks he is going to have a hgue impact

David

ROY? As I recall, they said the same about Spencer.

And yes, Waddle played for the Bears if I recall correctly.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2055695 said:
the hater's argument

"he's not ranked as high as Mendenhall"

Oh please, Bob. It's not a haters argument, it's a completely legitimate argument.

It's not like they dissed Mendenhall to make positive comments about Felix, they were saying good things about the guy we drafted.

Mendy was certainly ranked higher than Felix on every draft board, including ours.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CoCo;2056002 said:
ROY? As I recall, they said the same about Spencer.

who knows, they might have been right had he been able to play enough. But once Ellis got healthy Spencer didnt get the reps, and Ellis played great.

I suspect we'll see alot more of Spencer this yr

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheCount;2056010 said:
Oh please, Bob. It's not a haters argument, it's a completely legitimate argument.

It's not like they dissed Mendenhall to make positive comments about Felix, they were saying good things about the guy we drafted.

Mendy was certainly ranked higher than Felix on every draft board, including ours.

Please let us know how you KNOW this to be a fact. Your just throwing crap out there now that you know you cant back up.

David

CPonder14

Reaction score
TheCount;2056010 said:

Tennessee had Jones ranked higher.

TEUFELI

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2055694 said:
Dallas will be awesome next year, can you say Superbowl!

this is me making the ****** signal against my chest.

TEUFELI

Reaction score
dbair1967;2056022 said:
Please let us know how you KNOW this to be a fact. Your just throwing crap out there now that you know you cant back up.

David

you go do your own research stud...what he said is true though, not just because he said it...but because it is actually true. Mendenhall WAS higher on almost every board chief.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dbair1967;2056022 said:

David

You're right, from now on we should only discuss things we've seen with our own eyes. Put your panties back on, tough guy.

rguido

Reaction score
we should be drafting starters in the 1st round, not complementary people. Someone could of been had in the 2nd or 3rd round that was a complement to MB, to me this pick was a waste.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rguido;2056085 said:
we should be drafting starters in the 1st round, not complementary people. Someone could of been had in the 2nd or 3rd round that was a complement to MB, to me this pick was a waste.

exactly what starting positions do we have open here right now genius?

David

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
the hater's argument

Actually, in the pro football draft guide, they have felix jones #2, and mendenhall #3. a little fyi, for what it's worth.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
the hater's argument

hey - i'd have loved mendenhall. i was stoked when he was there for the taking and went through a personal let down when it was jones. but the logic of a compliment to barber makes sense. it also means we'll sign barber to a long term contract now and they must feel it will get done or mendenhall would likely have been the pick.

so far it's a good day and we're staying to the board and not getting crazy.

Hong2221

Reaction score
dbair1967;2056091 said:
exactly what starting positions do we have open here right now genius?

David

offensive line, safeties, defensive ends, a better rb than felix which can start, and NOT compliment.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
guys we should have drafted Owen Schmitt, a guy who could've started, with our #22. Stupid "Jethro".

bags

Reaction score
Boy am I happy I watched that video. The only game I got to see was against LSU, where Felix wasn't that great. Aside from that I've only seen the highlight videos on youtube, which lead me to believe he could only run on gimmicky, misdirection plays, and such. There is good footage of him running out of the I on the video. I was very impressed by his determination on the one run at 1:31.

Try this link for the video.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d807fef08

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Hong2221;2056126 said:
offensive line, safeties, defensive ends, a better rb than felix which can start, and NOT compliment.

Let's examine this:

OT - The OT run had ended before our picks. None would have beat out Flozell and the next tackle taken (Brown) was a reach and would have backed up Columbo.

OG - There were no guards rated that high (unless you count Albert who was gone). None would have beat out Davis and any second rounder would back up Kosier.

Center - Gurode was a Pro-Bowler. There were no highly rated centers.

DE - Spears, Canty, Hatcher. Unless you plan on hoping Calais Campbell starts over them, no dice.

Safety - Roy and Hamlin are not going to be beat out by Kenny Phillips.

The last line about RB didn't make any sense since Barber is the starter and is not going to be beat out by anyone on the board at that time (including Mendenhall).