Marshawn Kneeland nugget

Pokes12

Reaction score
4.5 sacks in a lesser conference.

I'm a big athletic traits guy. I also love the high-motor guys.

You have to wonder where the production is, especially in the MAC.

Also, I think he's athletic in a phone booth. He looks stiff in his pass rush, zero bend.
This guy has BUST staring him in the face. He got no game.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This guy has BUST staring him in the face. He got no game.
I'm not sure bust.

I don't think he is necessarily a reach, probably went around where most teams had him.

I just don't understand why the Cowboys, with so many glaring holes, would draft a rotational "run-stuffing" DE in the 2nd.

Hindsight (even the time of the draft), at 56 I didn't love the availability and value. If they had a trade down offer, they should have taken it. Gun to my head, I double down at Tackle there and take Kingsley Suamataia, or I go with Malachi Corley.

Looking back, I think Carolina ruined their draft board.

They took Jonathon Brooks at 46 (10 picks before the Cowboys) and Trevin Wallace at 72 (15 picks before the Cowboys).

I think losing out on Brooks had Jerry pouting and they were no longer going to take a RB. I think losing out on Wallace caused the two-round reach on Marist Liufau.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Haley and Ware he is not. But he doesn’t have to be. Be the best version of himself and that will be fine.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Sam Williams needs to show up this yr and justify his slot in the draft. Kneeland fills the loss of Armstrong .

Havic

Reaction score
Honestly we just need about 6 sacks a year from this guy and to be a monster run stuffer.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
No way someone actually said that about Vaughn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm paraphrasing.....but go look it up (if you have THAT much free time). It's a good read. I forgot how they phrased it: similar traits as Barry. Some change of direction as Barry. Could rush for 1600 yds "behind this line"

Granted, ALL of this was said during the Annual Summer Frenzy Growl Fest.

You likely missed it because it was buried in a mountain of "Luke Schloopmaker is a BEAST, will be next Mark Bavaro, Mazi Smith is a FREAK, will be a BIGGER Warren Sapp threads, each of which received 30 plus LIKES.

Give it 2 months.....Kneeland will be the next Reggie White by then.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It's a shame we cant bump old threads. The hype this fan base gave Vaughn was unreal. I remember questioning why the Cowboys sat Vaughn during the 3rd preseason game like he was some star player and plenty of fans on here were defending that move.
Hey, had had already played in 2 preseason games.

Gotta keep ur superstars fresh.

HA HA HA!!!!!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm not sure bust.

I don't think he is necessarily a reach, probably went around where most teams had him.

I just don't understand why the Cowboys, with so many glaring holes, would draft a rotational "run-stuffing" DE in the 2nd.

Hindsight (even the time of the draft), at 56 I didn't love the availability and value. If they had a trade down offer, they should have taken it. Gun to my head, I double down at Tackle there and take Kingsley Suamataia, or I go with Malachi Corley.

They took Jonathon Brooks at 46 (10 picks before the Cowboys) and Trevin Wallace at 72 (15 picks before the Cowboys).

I think losing out on Brooks had Jerry pouting and they were no longer going to take a RB. I think losing out on Wallace caused the two-round reach on Marist Liufau.
Wallace is not a mike linebacker.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Wallace is not a mike linebacker.
Liufau is not a Mike either, His best position and skillset is the same as Overshown's. But the Jones will absolutely square peg round hole him in a year when Kendricks leaves.

66.5 PFF run grade (as opposed to 84.1 coverage grade), he only averaged 39 tackles per year or 3.5 tackles per game. He guesses a lot and is best in coverage or chasing down plays from behind. I don't see him as a guy who takes on Guards in run defense.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Liufau is not a Mike either, His best position and skillset is the same as Overshown's. But the Jones will absolutely square peg round hole him in a year when Kendricks leaves.

66.5 PFF run grade (as opposed to 84.1 coverage grade), he only averaged 39 tackles per year or 3.5 tackles per game. He guesses a lot and is best in coverage or chasing down plays from behind. I don't see him as a guy who takes on Guards in run defense.
They drafted Liufau to take over at Mike from Kendricks. Ignorant to think Jones is the one who wanted him to play mike. What a freaking joke.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not sure bust.

Happens every year. Someone takes who we want, so we have no plan, or a weak one. Guess we gotta lose more games, hey?

kskboys

Reaction score

Big questions whether he's an NFL LB at all.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They drafted Liufau to take over at Mike from Kendricks. Ignorant to think Jones is the one who wanted him to play mike. What a freaking joke.
You are right. The Jones' never dictate to the staff who plays and workload.

Kool-Aid is delicious.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Until they see real action then we can judge,, Lots of hype here .....sos