Marshawn Kneeland nugget

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
4.5 sacks in a lesser conference.

I'm a big athletic traits guy. I also love the high-motor guys.

You have to wonder where the production is, especially in the MAC.

Also, I think he's athletic in a phone booth. He looks stiff in his pass rush, zero bend.
I think he's a run-downs end right away and maybe an interior rusher in the nickel. I think he'll give way to Williams and Parsons on passing downs. I'm not expecting much in the pass rush, especially his rookie year, but I think he could solidify the outside right edge in run defense. Last year, we had trouble sealing the right edge.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It's like clockwork isn't it?

We have the best O-Line ever now with those two rookies being drafted (one never even playing a game in the position he will be playing).

Mazi gained a few pounds so he's Warren Sapp now.

Overshown is healthy. He's Ray Lewis.

Kneeland is our Nick Bosa.

I can't wait to see what game changer we draft next.
The Deuce Vaughn comparisons last year were the best. Holy moley.... "I'm not saying Deuce Vaughn IS the next barry Sanders, I'm just saying he COULD be the Next Barry Sanders. Like 70% chance he's the next Barry, but worst case scenario he's next Marshal Faulk"

LOL LOL

Yeah I've seen the "we COULD have the best oLine in league after this draft" comments too. Basically, we've already won the next 3 SuperBowls

Last edited:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Kneeland had a shot at slipping into bottom of 1st round. He was a good value pick at 56 fills a sneaky need and is one of the guys I'm excited to see develop.

I think Tank plays 2 more years with us giving this young man an opportunity to fully develop before he has to take over.
He had zero chance of slipping to bottom of 1st round....that is, unless WE had traded back to the end of the 1st round, and taken him there....

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Every NFL fanbase is hyping their draft pick right now. It’s the same every year this time of year. Every single guy drafted is going to be great. Eagles fans have their first two draft pick in the Hall of Fame already. They’re more likely to be busts than even be average players. This time of year it’s every fans fantasy that their favorite team’s draft picks are future stars. Don’t rain on Cowboys fans’ parade.
Well if you call that raining on (some!) fans parade then I will continue to do so.

But I wouldn't call it that way. I'm just urging a little caution here. Especially with the history of this team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Sorry MC, but you didn't answer the question.
Just from looking around for a few mins here's a couple quotes:

"imagine that… a DE who can actually stop the run… I think they were banned during the DQ years" - Already the run stopper we've been missing.

"You need to actually watch the plays. He dominated that level just wasn't a big sack guy. Also dominated OTs in drills at the senior bowl. Ascending player." - Oh boy! DOMINATED. ASCENDING.

"Exactly, this guy can and WILL set the edge boys. He's stout." - We got us a good one! Just wait until you see him on the field! Trust me!

Now my favorite:

"This was also an attitude pic. The Cowboys have come off beyond soft. The last four years. This guy is a legitimate tough guy - give us a powerful bull rusher - unlike poo bear Miicah Paraons." - Already gonna fix our toughness unlike that soft Micah Parsons!

jwitten82

Reaction score
The Deuce Vaughn comparisons last year were the best. Holy moley.... "I'm not saying Deuce Vaughn IS the next barry Sanders, I'm just saying he COULD be the Next Barry Sanders. Like 70% chance he's the next Barry, but worst case scenario he's next Marshal Faulk"

LOL LOL

Yeah I've seen the "we COULD have the best oLine in league after this draft" comments too. Basically, we've already won the next 3 SuperBowls
It's a shame we cant bump old threads. The hype this fan base gave Vaughn was unreal. I remember questioning why the Cowboys sat Vaughn during the 3rd preseason game like he was some star player and plenty of fans on here were defending that move.

jwitten82

Reaction score

"imagine that… a DE who can actually stop the run… I think they were banned during the DQ years" - Already the run stopper we've been missing.

"You need to actually watch the plays. He dominated that level just wasn't a big sack guy. Also dominated OTs in drills at the senior bowl. Ascending player." - Oh boy! DOMINATED. ASCENDING.

"Exactly, this guy can and WILL set the edge boys. He's stout." - We got us a good one! Just wait until you see him on the field! Trust me!

Now my favorite:

"This was also an attitude pic. The Cowboys have come off beyond soft. The last four years. This guy is a legitimate tough guy - give us a powerful bull rusher - unlike poo bear Miicah Paraons." - Already gonna fix our toughness unlike that soft Micah Parsons!
Yup, he's gonna fix our run d just like Mazi was last year

kskboys

Reaction score

LOL LOL

No way someone actually said that about Vaughn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Kneeland just has to be what he is. A big explosive kid that can handle his edge. Armstrong, Fowler, Williams, Parsons, all god pass rushers but none of them can handle the edge in the base defense. Kneeland can handle that. He’s never going to be a big sack guy. But he can have a real impact. Have realistic expectations. And he won’t disappoint.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was gonna be our Darren Sproles just way better!
Yeah I remember that hype.

He should not even make the 53 this year. And if not, I am sure he will be on the PS. You know how Jerry is.

In no order, but IMO, here are the RB's that should be ahead of him on a depth chart.

Zeke
Dowdle
Peat
Freeman
Davis
Luepke

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I remember that hype.

He should not even make the 53 this year. And if not, I am sure he will be on the PS. You know how Jerry is.

In no order, but IMO, here are the RB's that should be ahead of him on a depth chart.

Zeke
Dowdle
Peat
Freeman
Davis
Luepke
He was nothing more than a nepo pick that would've never been drafted, signed, or given a chance by any other team except the Cowboys.

And we wasted a draft pick on him when he could've just been brought in as an UDFA if they wanted to do bad.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Now my favorite:

Sorry I meant outside of here. Keyboard GM's can and will say anything. Even me sometimes! Lol.

I asked because I read a lot of articles and watch a ton of videos and interviews and I never heard anyone say that.