Marshawn Kneeland nugget

fivetwos

Reaction score
Lawrence can potentially show this guy plenty before he retires….

-How to not bother to listen to the head coach because Jerry is the one in charge.

-How to refuse to get surgery if you don’t get an extension, and actually make Jerry think that he doesn’t have leverage in that case.

In like year eight, tell the media you’re just now very focused on winning a ring.

-Tell the world that you were too tired to make much of an effort in a playoff blowout loss

Yeah, I know he has been a decent player over the past few years, and he didn’t give that absurd contract to himself, but he can’t be gone fast enough for me. He is part of the culture problem. I’m not a fan and never really was.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

-How to not bother to listen to the head coach because Jerry is the one in charge.

-How to refuse to get surgery if you don’t get an extension, and actually make Jerry think that he doesn’t have leverage in that case.

In like year eight, tell the media you’re just now very focused on winning a ring.

-Tell the world that you were too tired to make much of an effort in a playoff blowout loss

Yeah, I know he has been a decent player over the past few years, and he didn’t give that absurd contract to himself, but he can’t be gone fast enough for me. He is part of the culture problem. I’m not a fan and never really was.
That's some solid wisdom right there!

Malhavoc

Reaction score
He has an interesting athletic profile, which suggests he should have been more productive on that level. Think you are right about lack of bend, where he might become an inside player against the pass. I think he is a similar player to Buffalo's Epenesa, where he will be good against the run and gives us 6 sacks during a season. He is the type of player that won't show up in the box score, but will still impact the game.
And there is nothing wrong with taking a player like that in the last part of round 2. I’ll take the 6 sack player that can set an edge and defends the run more than a 10 sack guy that gives up the edge all the time. We’ve had enough of those guys.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
4.5 sacks in a lesser conference.

I'm a big athletic traits guy. I also love the high-motor guys.

You have to wonder where the production is, especially in the MAC.

Also, I think he's athletic in a phone booth. He looks stiff in his pass rush, zero bend.
Still searching for that player that we wanted in Sam Williams but now with different DCs....lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lol wasn't Sam Williams supposed to be this explosive pass rusher too?
Sam is just a bit slow in da head but does not mean he can't learn an assignment and start becoming effective in a regular role.
Gives him some consistent reps and I bet he improves on his game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
And there is nothing wrong with taking a player like that in the last part of round 2. I’ll take the 6 sack player that can set an edge and defends the run more than a 10 sack guy that gives up the edge all the time. We’ve had enough of those guys.
We both agree this type of player is worth the 2nd rd pick, especially for a team that really struggles defending the run

75boyz

Reaction score
4.5 sacks in a lesser conference.

I'm a big athletic traits guy. I also love the high-motor guys.

You have to wonder where the production is, especially in the MAC.

Also, I think he's athletic in a phone booth. He looks stiff in his pass rush, zero bend.
You and I evaluate the same.

Not sure where all of a sudden the traits, RAS and combine skills testing outweigh actual college film.

I'm not looking for Randy Moss or Khalil Mack type jump off the screen performance from a weak conference...

But the obsession with this guy's athleticism at this point, has become a little too over the top for me.

I hope he ends up above jag status and is a worthy rotational contributor.
I question his ability to beat NFL tackles and until proven otherwise I'll remain skeptical.

jmo

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
He’s the new Overshown.

He’s this years savior of the defense.

There’s one every year.
The L.O.G. (Level Of Growling) is already shaping up nicely.

Playoff failure: check
Utter despair in Feb: check
Do nothing in FA, ALL IN: check
Draft 7 or 8 guys like every other team, but start convincing ourselves that OUR 7-8 guys will all be ProBowlers: Halfway there

Annual Summer Frenzy: building momentum

Sept/Oct Growling and Declaring Ourselves SuperBowl Favorite: coming

Playoff Failure with 3 Dak INTs: coming.

It's the routine ofnit all that really drives me crazy.

75boyz

Reaction score

TOTALLY AGREE. Preach it brother.
Still ranks as one of, if not THE worst 2nd contract overpay in Cowboys history.
He was supposed to be Jerry's personal War Daddy,(pre Micah) remember?

War Daddies are paid to sack the Q
B.
Not set the edge, get occasional TFLs, and pressures.

One of the poorest return on investments contract wise that I can think of. 100 million dollars guaranteed. SMDH
He does give cool pre game pep talks though.

If he just didn't get tired come playoff time.
jmo

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Still, there's alot of hyping our draft picks going on right now... too much for my liking. Last year it was Mazi, this year it seems to be everyone that will be an HOF right out of the box.

Let's see how those first couple of regular season games go, with or without our rookies. Then we'll know.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The L.O.G. (Level Of Growling) is already shaping up nicely.

Playoff failure: check
Utter despair in Feb: check
Do nothing in FA, ALL IN: check
Draft 7 or 8 guys like every other team, but start convincing ourselves that OUR 7-8 guys will all be ProBowlers: Halfway there

Annual Summer Frenzy: building momentum

Sept/Oct Growling and Declaring Ourselves SuperBowl Favorite: coming

Playoff Failure with 3 Dak INTs: coming.

It's the routine ofnit all that really drives me crazy.
It's like clockwork isn't it?

We have the best O-Line ever now with those two rookies being drafted (one never even playing a game in the position he will be playing).

Mazi gained a few pounds so he's Warren Sapp now.

Overshown is healthy. He's Ray Lewis.

Kneeland is our Nick Bosa.

I can't wait to see what game changer we draft next.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Still, there's alot of hyping our draft picks going on right now... too much for my liking. Last year it was Mazi, this year it seems to be everyone that will be an HOF right out of the box.

Let's see how those first couple of regular season games go, with or without our rookies. Then we'll know.
Every NFL fanbase is hyping their draft pick right now. It’s the same every year this time of year. Every single guy drafted is going to be great. Eagles fans have their first two draft pick in the Hall of Fame already. They’re more likely to be busts than even be average players. This time of year it’s every fans fantasy that their favorite team’s draft picks are future stars. Don’t rain on Cowboys fans’ parade.