Marshawn Kneeland performance

blueblood70

Reaction score
The crazy thing is that he is already probably our 3rd best edge player - 2nd if you count Micah as an LB. I wonder if we start him across from Tank with Parsons starting as LB and attacking from anywhere?

It's also crazy how much better the rookies look than our 2nd year players. What the heck happened during the '22 draft??
Overshown being the exception and don't forget Hoffman and bass they came from last year let's calm down on how bad that whole draft looked yes there's some disappointment so far but there are some good things that came from last year's off season I mean overshown looks as fast as he did before the injury and is explosive and he's gonna be great if he can stay healthy.. Don't forget he was drafted and got hurt that man would have helped our linebackers last year and we will help them this year....

Creeper

Reaction score
over drafted if he does not develop more of a pass rush
DE's are pass rush first and run D second
DT's are the opposite.
Both should be proficient in both but sadly that is rare.
we need another serious pass rush threat to take the pressure off of Micah
or you will see the same thing as we did with DeWare. No one else to take part of the load and in the end they could contain him.
all top D's have at least two serious pass rushers. Until we have that, we are never going to have a championship D
and of course there is the weakness against the run as well
I agree. Fehoko looked quicker on the edge than Kneeland. Perhaps they will use their quicker LBs to rush opposite Parsons.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He looked good. Strong guy. Not sure why they are unable to draft a good DT, they should admit Mazi is a jag and trade for a good DT. Osa is OK, not a difference maker.
Who trades away good defensive tackles? Doesn’t seem like anyone does.

75boyz

Reaction score
With regards to Kneeland this year...
I will be watching to see how Kneeland's ability to rush the passer as compared to being a run stopper compares to Sam Williams ability to do those jobs.

Williams is the better pass rusher.
Kneeland is supposedly known for his run stopping.

Whether or not we will need additional run stopping ability or pass rush pressure from him towards playoff time is TBD.

It sure would be great if he was really good at both.

rags747

Reaction score
Why have you actually seen him play in a game with game scheming game planning zone stunting twisting where Mike Zimmer is actually trying to create pressure? you know actually have to see the guy playing some real games because when that happens, it's not like preseason, it's all vanilla most of them are not using a bunch of pass rush moves they're simply bull rushing etcetera etcetera it was his first freaking preseason game,

we're already saying I'm not sure about this guy you know who that was said about as well that would be tank, I don't know how many times they said he wasn't worth his contract he's doesn't get enough sacks, the man is one of the better three down defensive ends in the league, just because he doesn't stack up sacks doesn't mean he's not putting pressure on the quarterback, because I see him knocking down balls nearly getting there making the quarterback uncomfortable and moving off his spot helps other people get sacks or at least a bad throw happens and you get what oh the interceptions on the back end...

Oh, and lastly I'm not saying this guy's going to be a superstar ,but there are at least six offensive holds four of them on the final drive by that offensive line against the Rams that were keeping our guys from getting to the quarterback , if you didn't see it you weren't watching, they were in the backfield pretty fast and then like we see with Parsons all year long they were held and some of the holds were like Hall of Fame holds especially on that last touchdown drive I think it might have been the new guy Tony literally two guys basically put him in a sandwich and held them that's how the touchdown happened, so we can't be judging anything off of one game good or bad....
Tank was drafted as he was the last DE that Dallas had on the board with the ability to get after the QB. Marshawn should be fine, I’m just not expecting much in the sacks dept. Hopefully he will surprise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tank was drafted as he was the last DE that Dallas had on the board with the ability to get after the QB. Marshawn should be fine, I’m just not expecting much in the sacks dept. Hopefully he will surprise.
That has nothing to do with what I said... I'm saying stop using preseason production as some kind of barometer for how it's gonna go in the regular season because it would be way off we're breaking down game one of preseason acting as if a player may not have it or may have it just by looking at the first game and the first snaps it's ridiculous because there is no game planning that's my point I'm saying it's an overreaction as usual just like all the Prescott haters last year counted every mistake he made every net he missed and every interception that said This is why he's gonna have a bad season and then it didn't happen you have to stop overanalyzing crap let's see it in the regular season if there's a problem trying to get to the quarterback I'm betting they'll fix it they will bring in someone else but I just listed all the guys they brought in they got Mohammed and Tony they got golston moving back because I believe maybe he will be better utilized in zimmer's defense instead of inside he goes outside maybe for hoco makes a jump there are guys on this team that were in the same position that Armstrong and Fowler were in and when they were brought in people were mocking those moves and then all of a sudden now we're missing them isn't that ironic?

I say that's par for the course here over analyze practice training camp crowds and preseason games because even though we know it makes no difference until we see them in live action.. That goes for positive things as well I don't want to hear how great somebody looked in preseason because they're playing against nobody I just want them to get through it uninjured and as an individual show the coaches not the fans that they understood their assignments and then they can be judged and try to get better the next game... I believe Zimmer if needed will create lots of pressures with the rest of his group not just his outside defensive ends they will be coming from everywhere...

We already know our safeties are pretty good at getting to the quarterback and I believe along with some of the linebackers like overshown is definitely fast enough and has that ability that when needed they'll create pressure it will not just be coming from tank and Micah Parsons that's an overreaction that's an over analyzation but I shouldn't be surprised....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he played well but I wish our DEs would stop being sucked in every time the QB fakes the inside run then runs right around the containment,it happens all the time.
PLEASE say this again!!!! I swear this team would have 3.4 million sacks by now, but this same thing happens all the time and it feels like nobody is correcting these players on it

75boyz

Reaction score
over drafted if he does not develop more of a pass rush
DE's are pass rush first and run D second
DT's are the opposite.
Both should be proficient in both but sadly that is rare.
we need another serious pass rush threat to take the pressure off of Micah
or you will see the same thing as we did with DeWare. No one else to take part of the load and in the end they could contain him.
all top D's have at least two serious pass rushers. Until we have that, we are never going to have a championship D
and of course there is the weakness against the run as well
Pretty much nailed all of it here.
Outstanding post.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Kneeland is the real deal. He will go from a "WHO?" on draft day to a fan favorite by the end of the year.

With Williams getting hurt he will step right in and pick up snaps on opening day.
He looked a lot bigger than I thought. Excited to see him progress

reddyuta

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Looks to be solid playing the run, but not much to be excited about rushing the QB.
I had that exact thought when D law played in season 1,pass rush can be taught but toughness is inbuilt.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
My God, I hope Kneeland is better than Tyron Crawford.

And I think he will be.
I'm getting Ekuban vibes.....won't ever be elite....and whoever said D-law replacement....not even in the ball park. Honestly don't see a pass rusher here @ all.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I see that young man as a big time run stopper and a 9 to 10 sack guy a year player.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6I'm getting Ekuban vibes.....won't ever be elite....and whoever said D-law replacement....not even in the ball park. Honestly don't see a pass rusher here @ all.
Ekuban was at least a pass rusher in college. Kneeland wasn't. Most sacks he ever had in a season was 4.5, and that was playing in a minor conference.
I see that young man as a big time run stopper and a 9 to 10 sack guy a year player.
See my comment above - he only had 13 sacks in 4 years of college football..

From what we know his upside seems more likely what we have been getting from DeMarcus Lawrence - good against the run and 4-6 sacks a year

Last edited: