Martin not playing Tackle just proves the coaches don’t get it

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is no logical explanation to not play Martin at Tackle over this 5 game stretch.

Martin has the ability to play Tackle at a high level and you are purposely making yourself worse for whatever reason.

If Dallas can’t figure this out then we got coaching problems still. Martin shouldn’t have a say in this either. He’s paid to do a job and it’s not a permanent switch. It’s a short term solution that fixes a big problem.

This is a clear obvious move and if anything happens because of our right tackle it’s 100% on the decision makers who saw the obvious thing to do and ignored it.

75boyz

Reaction score
There is no logical explanation to not play Martin at Tackle over this 5 game stretch.

Martin has the ability to play Tackle at a high level and you are purposely making yourself worse for whatever reason.

If Dallas can’t figure this out then we got coaching problems still. Martin shouldn’t have a say in this either. He’s paid to do a job and it’s not a permanent switch. It’s a short term solution that fixes a big problem.

This is a clear obvious move and if anything happens because of our right tackle it’s 100% on the decision makers who saw the obvious thing to do and ignored it.

I one million percent agree with all of this. Come on Zack. The team, the team, the team.

Period.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I agree he should be out there. Only thing I can think of is they need Martin for Zeke and the run game up the middle.

Or they want to see what the new swing tackle looks like. McGovern played great last game and has looked good. He needs to be out there.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I’ll defer to the coaches on this one. My order would be:
Plan A - Steele
Plan B - Nsehke
Plan C - Farniok/Knight
Plan D - Martin to OT.

I also might rotate Steele and Nsehke to keep the big guys fresh.

lk8701

Reaction score

Agreed.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Martin will take some snaps at RT this week and in upcoming weeks and will the "break glass in case of emergency" tackle if the other guys fall apart. Still for as well as he played at RT last year let's not forget he also got hurt in what his second? start out there? Tackle is more demanding on the lower leg in terms of footwork and Zack aint built for that. Not that he can't do it but it taxes those lower leg muscles to have to kickset and backpedal over and over than playing guard does.

JBS

Reaction score
I’m not suggesting it should matter but it’s been reported that Martin doesn’t want to play RT.

he’s a cancer. He doesnt play game 1. Now he refuses to help the team at RT game 2. @Risen Star called it the day he was drafted. Typical ND prick OL

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Probably because they don't believe in moving a player from a position he's one of the best ever at, weakening that position, to play him somewhere he has very little experience.

I dont have a problem with this move. You have backup OTs for a reason. This is no time for musical chairs.

75boyz

Reaction score
I’m not suggesting it should matter but it’s been reported that Martin doesn’t want to play RT.

he’s a cancer. He doesnt play game 1. Now he refuses to help the team at RT game 2. @Risen Star called it the day he was drafted. Typical ND prick OL

I can discern the sarcasm. Nice job.

Reactions: JBS

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
E_MBChzWEAYSybb

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ll defer to the coaches on this one. My order would be:
Plan A - Steele
Plan B - Nsehke
Plan C - Farniok/Knight
Plan D - Martin to OT.

I also might rotate Steele and Nsehke to keep the big guys fresh.

I would rotate Steele and Nsehke from benched to released. They are both awful.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Martin needs to stay at Guard. We already have a very young Center and now a back-up at RT, why make the entire middle weaker?
Martin didn't play last week, McGovern should remain at right guard and Martin moves out to tackle.....you're going to tell me Steele and Nsekhe is a better option than Martin at tackle? Play the best starting five, that's Martin at right tackle and McGovern at guard

Sydla

Reaction score

I tend to agree however and made the same criticisms as you did but I think I can understand their logic initially here. Play Martin at his best position, OG and get him alongside a young C. See what happens at RT with the replacements. If it's going poorly, then definitely make the switch.

I'll be way more critical if we go a couple of games, RT is killing us with Steele or whomever they put there and they stubbornly then don't make the move.

Nav22

Reaction score
It’s entirely possible that the new RT will have a short leash and Martin will be moved to RT if he struggles early.

There’s a reason you employ backup OTs. Might as well see if you have someone capable of holding down the fort before you re-shuffle the entire OL.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I tend to agree however and made the same criticisms as you did but I think I can understand their logic initially here. Play Martin at his best position, OG and get him alongside a young C. See what happens at RT with the replacements. If it's going poorly, then definitely make the switch.

I'll be way more critical if we go a couple of games, RT is killing us with Steele or whomever they put there and they stubbornly then don't make the move.

I've also read about the injury risk for a guard kicking to tackle is pretty elevated. Would suck to lose Collins & Martin. Maybe why he doesn't want to play there.

75boyz

Reaction score
Martin didn't play last week, McGovern should remain at right guard and Martin moves out to tackle.....you're going to tell me Steele and Nsekhe is a better option than Martin at tackle? Play the best starting five, that's Martin at right tackle and McGovern at guard

Simple as this.
No political correctness in winning NFL games.

I'm sorry, Zack needs to suck it up for the team
I am a Zack fan.

The back up tackles suck.

Best 5.
Ain't rocket science.

imo.